ADVERTISEMENT

Let's face it

As much as I dislike him what we are missing is a guy like rousey. I can't recall any mistakes he made . He schooled us

Great player + Poor Defense = The great night he had.

If he played like that all of the time he would be in consideration for player of the year. If we get to work on fixing our defense we will beat them at the Rock.

It’s called great ball movement. You can pass the ball much faster than dribble it. Marquette and Nova put on clinics with good ball movement. Add shooters to that mix and it’s tough to defend. Both very fundamentally sound. Xavier a mix of schoolyard and good ball movement and back door cuts. We look good some games and awful others - our offensive system is often ragged. It would help if Ish could threaten from the mid-range and force defensive coverage. Hope the guys get back to fundamentals next game because Ewing has these guys competing and Govan is elite.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and Abbo71
KW doesn't seem to employ ball movement or spacing.
We work off the weave , slashing, kick outs, and interior passing.
It gets us wins but the truly great teams pass it around the outside with zip.
Would love to hear other guys take on this.
Have not played competiitvely since 1956. Underhand free throws.

Yeah, that’s the way we play 64. It was at peak execution vs Butler. Ball into Delgado, space Khadeen and Desi, wait for the double on Angel , kick out for 3 or drive if the double comes; Angel goes to the hoop if no double. Doesn’t flow like Nova, Creighton or Marquette but it’s effective.

As much as I dislike him what we are missing is a guy like rousey. I can't recall any mistakes he made . He schooled us
Can you please explain yourself?

In what way are we missing a guy like rousey.

Speaking to the no mistakes
..rousey 3.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers per game...KC 4.1 to 2.2 turnovers per game. advantage guy currently on our team.
Are you just focusing on last game.. well rousey has 3 assists to 2 turnovers. KC 7 assists to 2 turnovers.. advantage guy currently on our team.

Are you talking about his ability to score
Rousey had 31 against us at home on 18 shots.. KC had 29 @ butler the game before on 16 shots

Are you talking about 3pt shooting.
Rousey 41% during big east play KC 48%.

Are you talking about fg pct
Both shooting identical 42.8% fg pct in big east play.

Last edited:
KW is running an offensive system that fits the group he has. I read it on this board over and over and over and over again - this team is not going to run a flex offense predicated on cycling and back door cuts.

Hall Offense
a) inside out with Delgado
b) hand offs with either a corner turn or high pick and roll
c) Penetrate and kick

When Desi goes 1 v 1 to hit the winning bucket @Louisville, we say that KW puts his players in position to succeed. He misses that basket the board will be loaded with complaints about unimaginative offense and a poorly executed end game.

We can not have it both ways.

Lets enjoy this season.

Rowsey is not a prototype PG but he is very savvy. He is strong and shifty with the ball, NEVER gives up his dribble is a good at creating space to get his shot off. Howard is a very similar player and they play unselfishly.

I do think we take them at the Rock but the big difference in Marquette this year compared to this year is WoJo had them rebounding and playing defense. They have 3 athletic and long freshman who all gave us trouble on defense and the offensive glass. Marquette always has a high-powered offense but we could usually out-physical and out-tough them. Not this time. They were ready to play, we did not have energy and they whipped us at our own game.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT