ADVERTISEMENT

Livingston Mall Ghost Town

rcodey

Junior
Gold Member
May 6, 2006
I was in the Livingston Mall this afternoon and also a week before Christmas. I could literally drive a car down the walkway. Storefront after storefront closed and most restaurants in the food court are also closed . Escalators not working and parking lot riddled with potholes including some big ones . Only a matter time before the Mall is closed especially if Macy's leaves . It will never happen but I always thought that location would be good for an arena/concert venue between 8 to 10,000 capacity. Most likely it gets sold and becomes a residential/commercial development.

E-commerce has killed the mall. On a positive side, though, it has created the opportunity for downtown redevelopment with boutique type stores that offer an experience.

I do all of my clothes shopping online. If I never have to walk into another mall for the rest of my life that’s fine with me.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
only the big malls will remain. which is maybe how it should be. stinks that teenagers will miss out on that part of life.

Willowbrook still seems to be going strong. Always packed anytime I drive by that area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT