ADVERTISEMENT

Look who visited Seton Hall, not Portnoy!

Portnoy is a shady character and barstool is a reprehensible platform
What is wrong with Portnoy? You don’t agree with his pizza reviews? I don’t know much about barstool besides the pizza reviews. But helped a lot of pizza places during the pandemic from going under and that should be applauded.

I am unaware of anything else that would say he is shady.

Portnoy is a shady character and barstool is a reprehensible platform
Portnoy just made a ton of $ for Bunny’s a family owned business who does right by our school.

Portnoy raised $1.5M for Jonathan Diller’s wife and 1 year old son after your policies led to his killing. $750k of which was Dave’s money.

Portnoy raised a ton of money for small businesses when the government nearly bled them out.

Regardless of how much of an a-hole Dave is. You’re wrong. And honestly this commentary is pathetic. Look at yourself in the mirror.

Last edited:
Portnoy is an influencer. He's crass, and an unrepentant gambler, but I don't know about his character. I saw Frank the Tank up close at Bunny's the night of the NIT championship, and wasn't impressed, but I'm probably not the right demographic to follow shock-jock stooges.

Reactions: Piratz and BabyBlue
Dave Portnoy, originally had advertisers going back 20 years when barstool was a printed out handout that included offshore betting sites that operated in the United States illegally. Used placement of women in bikins on the front of his publication. He is previously against unions and tweeted he would fire any employee on the spot who sought advice on forming a union. He ended up agreeing with an informal settlement with NLRB. He has previously glorified and normalized rape culture. About 4 years ago older videos resurfaced that showed him freely using the N word and joking about blackface. He has had ignorant incidents with the NFL which has included fabricating sanctioned press passes and trespassing on official league events without credential clearance. He has had past incidents of unprovoked online attacks including sexual harrassment comments and prior sexual assault allegations.

As for the platform, it is a celebration of bro culture and a combination of uninformed sports commentary that meets a frat house orbit lifestyle. I personally have no interest in it.

As for his personal philanthropy, I applaud that. However, those actions don't eliminate all of the above. However, many here are into a Money Washing or Making Right culture. It is quite obvious on the NIL threads and roster build discussions.

Dave Portnoy, originally had advertisers going back 20 years when barstool was a printed out handout that included offshore betting sites that operated in the United States illegally. Used placement of women in bikins on the front of his publication. He is previously against unions and tweeted he would fire any employee on the spot who sought advice on forming a union. He ended up agreeing with an informal settlement with NLRB. He has previously glorified and normalized rape culture. About 4 years ago older videos resurfaced that showed him freely using the N word and joking about blackface. He has had ignorant incidents with the NFL which has included fabricating sanctioned press passes and trespassing on official league events without credential clearance. He has had past incidents of unprovoked online attacks including sexual harrassment comments and prior sexual assault allegations.

As for the platform, it is a celebration of bro culture and a combination of uninformed sports commentary that meets a frat house orbit lifestyle. I personally have no interest in it.

As for his personal philanthropy, I applaud that. However, those actions don't eliminate all of the above. However, many here are into a Money Washing or Making Right culture. It is quite obvious on the NIL threads and roster build discussions.

I mean... Didn't you post a clip from Howard Stern last week?

Is he any different than what you just described above?

I don't agree with his Pizza reviews (7.1 star tavern and 8.3 Bunny's? for example) but they are fun to watch.

Clearly many haven’t followed the thread title which states…..”not portnoy”. The thread is about Osobar’s visit. Stay focused on the positive vibe!
Was he even here yesterday or was that a dated review?

I mean... Didn't you post a clip from Howard Stern last week?

Is he any different than what you just described above?

I don't agree with his Pizza reviews (7.1 star tavern and 8.3 Bunny's? for example) but they are fun to watch.
You know the answer to your question. Look at who Howard Stern was promoting in that clip. Find out which so called news network Portnoy goes on. I can go into much greater detail but that is for LOTS, not here.

Portnoy is incredibly successful and he knows his market (which is huge), and why he will never feature Dylan Mulvaney either…lol.

I follow Barstool for the pizza reviews and some of the content is entertaining (and politically incorrect). Stern was the “shock jock” (remember, he was fired from his Washington DC gig for calling Air Florida the day after the plane crash in the Potomac asking customer service what the fare was from National Airport to the 15th St. bridge) , but he’s now the suck-up jock.

Reactions: Section112
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT