ADVERTISEMENT

lots of stuff

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
Huge win - and off to Indi -- hoping that we have a good crowd and get local support from Butler fans - support the Big East!

Team - great team effort without Coleman and EHE

Lots of news - Sha getting an extension (??!!), Barrett joining the staff, hopefully more $ for asst coaches. Appears the NIL is getting competetive !

Question on KR and Dre -- what is the time frame to test the NBA waters? How does Sha manage that with adding transfers if they decide to go to the NBA or not return ?

Ton of fan support for Sha - guys from St. Peters there, J Robinson, MTE, J Walker , M Nenzi, Coach B and Lauren and I am assure many others!! King Rice from Monmouth as well

IF the NIL money is somewhere around 1 -1.5 million, I say $300,000 for Khadary and $200,000 for Dre. This leaves enough to get a big time transfer and the spread the rest of the money to the rest of the team.

IF the NIL money is somewhere around 1 -1.5 million, I say $300,000 for Khadary and $200,000 for Dre. This leaves enough to get a big time transfer and the spread the rest of the money to the rest of the team.
numbers may be closer to 2M and hopefully the $$$ is coming in a little faster now with this NIT run !

well if Khadary is allegedly being offered or accepted if you believe Jeff from Point Pleasant 750k from St. Johns then not sure the 300k will be enough.

Dre needs to get some $$$ and would imagine that Coleman will look to " re negiotiate" since I am sure some schools have been contacting him. Wasu may return so some $$ needed there as well. Freshman coming in get some $$ as well. Then $$ for a transfers -

Reactions: Piratz
numbers may be closer to 2M and hopefully the $$$ is coming in a little faster now with this NIT run !

well if Khadary is allegedly being offered or accepted if you believe Jeff from Point Pleasant 750k from St. Johns then not sure the 300k will be enough.

Dre needs to get some $$$ and would imagine that Coleman will look to " re negiotiate" since I am sure some schools have been contacting him. Wasu may return so some $$ needed there as well. Freshman coming in get some $$ as well. Then $$ for a transfers -
wait, teams can reach out to players who aren’t in the portal? You can recruit players on other teams? You can’t even do that in the professional league without being charged with tampering. If a player takes NIL they should have to sign a contract. If they want the money and to be big boys they should live up to their commitments.

• Love
Reactions: silkcitypirate

I’ll just say this. The rumored number for Tyrese to leave to go to Florida as a super senior was $300,000.

Does anyone believe that Kadary, who will also be a super senior coming off a 1st team All Big East campaign, won’t command way more than that?

This is my biggest fear in the new NIL environment, if a player takes a significant jump in their development or performs at an All BE type level, that could be the last season you get to see that player in Pirate Blue.

Jeremy Hazell will be the last 2,000 point scorer EVER at Seton Hall.

True or false?

I’ll just say this. The rumored number for Tyrese to leave to go to Florida as a super senior was $300,000.

Does anyone believe that Kadary, who will also be a super senior coming off a 1st team All Big East campaign, won’t command way more than that?

This is my biggest fear in the new NIL environment, if a player takes a significant jump in their development or performs at an All BE type level, that could be the last season you get to see that player in Pirate Blue.
The minimum for Kadary is $350k. Likely closer to 500.

Reactions: chickenbox
I hate to say it but the only way to survive the current landscape is to have the next man up mentality. Wish them well, thank them for their contribution & find an adequate replacement. Hate NIL but the portal has been very good to us so far.

If I was Kadary the money would be one thing but the development would be another.

He has got to seen how much he has grown in just 2 years with Sha. To be honest I think he kind of digressed in the post season. Its really been the collective unit that has really shined thus far with MVP being Dawes. That is not a shot at him, I just think there is more untapped potential there.

Trying to pro is one thing but if he comes back to another school for NIL money makes no sense to me.

The scout says the motor isn't there all the time and his shot is not consistent. Going to another school with one more year eligibility is just too risky. He would have to learn a new system, coaching style, plays, environment and get used to new players. If he stays all this is second nature and he can focus on what he needs to actually improve on his shot. You aren't going to find many coaches in the country that are going to get you motivated like Sha. Plus fi they do bring on Barrett you are talking elite level PG knowledge at your fingertips.

So I guess the question is what is that level of education worth to him?

Reactions: catholicman
The minimum for Kadary is $350k. Likely closer to 500.
Assume it's $500K (and that we could afford that), RIchmond is a unique talent and a PG that has true NIL value in connection with the owners of the Prudential Center for that final year. And quite frankly, I don't think other players would begrudge Kadary getting that kind of money as they know what he brings to the table.

I could probably put together a pretty compelling PowerPoint for Josh Harris that could justify the $500,000 investment to have him play one more year in Newark and what that would mean for box office and concessions.

But if I'm Richmond, I also want to make the NCAA as a 1-3 seed, so adding to the roster will be important as well.

I would like the joke to start with "Three Point Guards walk into a bar (Sha, Dre and Kooks)......

Reactions: Gohall129
Assume it's $500K (and that we could afford that), RIchmond is a unique talent and a PG that has true NIL value in connection with the owners of the Prudential Center for that final year. And quite frankly, I don't think other players would begrudge Kadary getting that kind of money as they know what he brings to the table.

I could probably put together a pretty compelling PowerPoint for Josh Harris that could justify the $500,000 investment to have him play one more year in Newark and what that would mean for box office and concessions.

But if I'm Richmond, I also want to make the NCAA as a 1-3 seed, so adding to the roster will be important as well.

I would like the joke to start with "Three Point Guards walk into a bar (Sha, Dre and Kooks)......
Can you have the PowerPoint done by Tuesday? I’ll find Josh’s home address and will meet you there Wednesday at 5:30pm

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips

Being that they play in a pro arena I am not sure why they would not want to invest in their product. Are there rules against this? Why is this not happening already?

The players feed ticket sales the ticket sales pay the arena the arena should pay the players. Its essentially what a pro team would do with Seton Hall being the proxy.

Being that they play in a pro arena I am not sure why they would not want to invest in their product. Are there rules against this? Why is this not happening already?

The players feed ticket sales the ticket sales pay the arena the arena should pay the players. Its essentially what a pro team would do with Seton Hall being the proxy.
Maybe it is or isn't happening...maybe they are trying to figure out the model. I don't see how there are rules against it as it is essentially NIL....paying a player for delivering value. In this case Josh Harris (owner of the Pru Center) pays a player like Richmond (who adds value in the form of more income to the arena) by agreeing to certain promotional duties.

Maybe it is or isn't happening...maybe they are trying to figure out the model. I don't see how there are rules against it as it is essentially NIL....paying a player for delivering value. In this case Josh Harris (owner of the Pru Center) pays a player like Richmond (who adds value in the form of more income to the arena) by agreeing to certain promotional duties.
i kind of think it might be happening already because we have seen a lot of players on NJ devils gear promotional work.

They just need ti amp it up.

That was classic Seinfeld....George Costanza (aka Jason Alexander) was a Livingston H.S. grad...

Reactions: walshtrips
Ton of fan support for Sha - guys from St. Peters there, J Robinson, MTE, J Walker , M Nenzi, Coach B and Lauren and I am assure many others!! King Rice from Monmouth as well
Sounds like a lot of freebies. In another post, someone reported seeing Posh in the crowd...... too.

If I was Kadary the money would be one thing but the development would be another.

He has got to seen how much he has grown in just 2 years with Sha. To be honest I think he kind of digressed in the post season. Its really been the collective unit that has really shined thus far with MVP being Dawes. That is not a shot at him, I just think there is more untapped potential there.

Trying to pro is one thing but if he comes back to another school for NIL money makes no sense to me.

The scout says the motor isn't there all the time and his shot is not consistent. Going to another school with one more year eligibility is just too risky. He would have to learn a new system, coaching style, plays, environment and get used to new players. If he stays all this is second nature and he can focus on what he needs to actually improve on his shot. You aren't going to find many coaches in the country that are going to get you motivated like Sha. Plus fi they do bring on Barrett you are talking elite level PG knowledge at your fingertips.

So I guess the question is what is that level of education worth to him?
Um…don’t agree.
First game, was he “super”? No. But the team was dragging still smarting from the ncaa snub.

Since then? He’s been very very good…including last game where I believe he had a hand in 21 straight points. 15 assists.

Nah.. I’m not buying.
Bring him back next year please!

Reactions: Section112
I hate to say it but the only way to survive the current landscape is to have the next man up mentality. Wish them well, thank them for their contribution & find an adequate replacement. Hate NIL but the portal has been very good to us so far.
Yep you need to pay attention to the rosters of the mid majors to see who you can pull out, you know, Rutgers, Syracuse…

And what does europe say?
He needs a shooting coach 2 weeks after season ends
Great point. The list of guys that improved their shooting massively after college is long, it makes you wonder about the difference in player development at the pro/overseas level vs in college.

Danny Green. Countless College Bigs that now shoot 3's in NBA like the Lopez twins, Julius Randle. Rui Hachimura.

If anything, Richmond in a return to SHU (a tough ask, I think odds are low) he needs to also take to heart becoming a defensive stopper and leader, set the goal and mentality to become the Big East Defensive POY and let the rest fall where it does, that's where he can max out his value, because they will take a guy to G-League that has a questionable shot.

G-League games are basically 3pt shooting contests, a basketball version of a dog breeder, vs the natural process of practicing shooting but not shooting much in games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT