ADVERTISEMENT

Mamu Getting Some PT(not Pine Time)

Hall-O-Daze

All Big East
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
Bad day for Seton Hall, but some good news on the NBA front involving Mamu.

With Wembamyama out with an ankle injury, Mamu came off the bench to play 15 minutes in what is certainly his best individual game of the season. In a blowout loss to the Mavs, Mamu had 14 points(4-6 FG, 5-6 FT) 5 boards, 3 assists and a block. They were Garbage Time minutes, to be sure, but it looks like he took advantage of the opportunity. Good for him!

Mamu continues to do us proud at the next level.

I noticed the other day he's making north of 2 million. That's hard to walk away from, but man he needs to get minutes and being behind Wembamyama make him that much more unlikely to see the court.

I noticed the other day he's making north of 2 million. That's hard to walk away form, but man he needs to get minutes and being behind Wembamyama make him that much more unlikely to see the court.
I mean he has a fully guranteed 1 year deal and then he is RFA.

The Spurs getting that number one pick really stunted his playing time. It was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Mamu. Otherwise he would probably be getting a dozen minutes a game, easy.
He signed this deal in July, he and his agent knew what pick the spurs would have and who the pick would be

Reactions: JRSlim2284
This is as much about getting paid and getting years in the NBA pension system. Mamu winning on both fronts. If he cannot long term stick in NBA, he will do very well overseas. NBA has great players on every team. He needs to work, bide his time and get chance. As much timing and luck of the draw on his current situation.

Reactions: chickenbox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT