ADVERTISEMENT

Manti Te'o documentary

SHUMAN

All Big East
Jun 4, 2001
Check out the Netflix documentary "Untold" series on Manti Te'o "girlfriend who didn't exist". I must admit when news first broke 10 years ago I thought Manti was either complicit or a complete moron. The film does good job laying out the details and with this context and interviews with all the key parties, you really feel sorry for how much crap Manti had to take. His attitude even now is inspirational.

I still think he was a moron. Sorry, but if you haven't "seen" your "girlfriend" in that length of time, other than a still photo, you should know better. I don't care if catfishing wasn't well known back then. There were way too many excuses for anyone to believe something wasn't wrong or suspicious of the situation.

I just watched it. my reaction is the same as when it happened. I truly feel bad for the guy. However, i can’t get over the fact that he was so stupid to have this done to him.
How does an out going athlete at Notre Dame not have hundreds of women around him?
Why would a guy like that waste his time on a girl he never met and consider her a girlfriend?

i get the fantasy is always better than reality. But this is over three year span. You would think that during that time he Would have got bored of not meeting her. Finally, in three years, this guy did not have real girl friends at Notre Dame?

I just watched it. my reaction is the same as when it happened. I truly feel bad for the guy. However, i can’t get over the fact that he was so stupid to have this done to him.
How does an out going athlete at Notre Dame not have hundreds of women around him?
Why would a guy like that waste his time on a girl he never met and consider her a girlfriend?

i get the fantasy is always better than reality. But this is over three year span. You would think that during that time he Would have got bored of not meeting her. Finally, in three years, this guy did not have real girl friends at Notre Dame?
I agree with you, but you’re looking at this through your lens. Social media and rapidly evolving norms have created relationship dynamics that you or me would’ve never thought possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT