ADVERTISEMENT

"Matt Loughlin - Mike McBride Podcast - What would you like to ask?"

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
As I noted in another thread this morning I have been workings on setting up a podcast interview with Matt Loughlin and Mike McBride. The school just reached out to me to note they will set it up.

Post your questions here for Mike and I will pass them on to Matt and hopefully he will use a good deal of them.

Dan - thanks for your hard work and dedication! I will post a question if nobody else tackles the topic that I feel is most important.

Reactions: Halldan1
When will personalized Jerseys be available for purchase?

What is the marketing plan to emphasize to the fan base how important contributing to NIL is to the success of the athletic programs. Many fans are not aware how much money it can take to build a competitive team.

In your opinion how much is necessary to field a competitive team?

Where do you think our NIL is compared to our big East peers and is it possible for us to be at least near the mid tier.

I don't have any specific questions, but I would just stress the importance of being brutally honest. Education is key. The average fan needs to understand how NIL is being used as a fan-funded recruiting/retention tool to buy the best players available. The message needs to be clear - $XX is needed to compete for BigEast championships.

How do you explain to potential donors which fund to give to? Pirate Blue versus Onward Setonia?

Any chance of a 50/50 raffle for Onward Setonia at home games?

Do you think that in the future schools will be required to pay the NIL as opposed to collectives?

True NIL is getting local businesses involved. Outside of Bunny's and the Frungillo Family, are we close to getting any NIL deals for our players with any local establishment?

We see players getting cars from local dealers and while I don't think that is realistic for SHU, it might be for a star( Kooks) for a year.

Are there plans for event around the country as there are many fans not in the Tri-State area?

How do you explain to potential donors which fund to give to? Pirate Blue versus Onward Setonia?
Any chance of a 50/50 raffle for Onward Setonia at home games?
Do you think that in the future
schools will be required to pay the NIL as opposed to collectives?
True NIL is getting local businesses involved. Outside of Bunny's and the Frungillo Family, are we close to getting any NIL deals for our players with any local establishment? We see players getting cars from local dealers and while I don't think that is realistic for SHU, it might be for a star( Kooks) for a year.
Are there plans for event around the country as there are many fans not in the Tri-State area?
A raffle is in the works, not a 50/50. We have to obtain licenses from NJ and South Orange to run a raffle legally. We have the NJ license and we're waiting for South Orange, we hope to get the green light from South Orange early next week. We wanted to initiate the raffle last night, but NJ took 60 days to approve our license and we couldn't go to SO until NJ approved.

These processes will be much smoother as time goes on.

The raffle prizes aren't set in stone, but it might be a $50K grand prize and other lesser prizes.

Please keep this info on the Trove!

Who is our next recruit and when will he sign? 😂

I’d like to hear more about how the NIL money is distributed. Who makes the strategic choices? Who sets the budget? Maybe this has already been addressed somewhere, idk.

I hope we give what we can. I dont need to be intimate with what we are doing. I trust they know better than me. But i hope the message to those not in the know is clear and easy to follow- we need your help. Increase the number of donors

Comment on both your vision and on future events.

Why do you feel both you and Seton Hall will succeed as regards the NIL?

How important is accessibility to the pertinent NIL info and what are you doing to improve on that?

Are you engaging financially capable non donors in the professional and athletic fields and what has been the response if so?

Later today I will be moving this thread to the free board.

I just wanted Trove members to get first crack at the questions.

What is the plan to take advantage or continue to utlize the marketing opportunities that NYC provides. Outside of the school how do we get large scale corporations involved to push our NIL strategy.

How do we get folks with a larger pedigree involved..... Adrian Griffin, Arturas K, Samuel Dalembert?

OK, just transferred this to the free board.

Ask away......

What is the plan to take advantage or continue to utlize the marketing opportunities that NYC provides. Outside of the school how do we get large scale corporations involved to push our NIL strategy.

How do we get folks with a larger pedigree involved..... Adrian Griffin, Arturas K, Samuel Dalembert?
That level pedigree doesn't move a needle.

You need a George Kurtz level guy.

I need the questions no later than 4PM today.

The interview is set for early tomorrow.

Question really is will Loughlin actually be allowed to ask a tough question. His interviews with Willard and players were a little soft.

Reactions: shupat08
Thanks everyone. The interview will take place tomorrow and the questions above will be used.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT