ADVERTISEMENT

Maui here we come

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

resize

South Orange, N.J. -- Seton Hall men's basketball is set to participate in the 2025 Maui Invitational. The 42nd edition of the prestigious tournament will be played Nov. 24-26, 2025 at the historic Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, Hawaii.

This will be the Pirates' second Maui Invitational appearances and their first since 2001. The Hall go up against a competitive field that includes Baylor, NC State, Oregon, Texas, UNLV, USC and Chaminade, the annual host school.

Seton Hall is coming off of a historic 2023-24 season that saw them go 25-12 overall, 13-7 in the BIG EAST and win the 2024 National Invitation Tournament. The Pirates' 25 victories were tied for the fourth-most in school history and their most wins in a single season since 2015-16. Despite being picked to finish ninth out of 11 teams in the BIG EAST's preseason coaches poll, Holloway led The Hall to a 13-7 mark in conference play and a fourth-place finish in the league standings.

New practice facility should be opened, most likely more NIL $$$ and playing in the 2025 Maui Tournament - great selling points to possible recruits.

I was there a month ago and old town Lahaina is just beginning clearing out damaged buildings, and I thought 2026 would be when downtown would be back open for business. Up by Kapalua is still nice as well as the West side of the island by Wailea is where I go to anyway as it always has the best restaurants.

I was there a month ago and old town Lahaina is just beginning clearing out damaged buildings, and I thought 2026 would be when downtown would be back open for business. Up by Kapalua is still nice as well as the West side of the island by Wailea is where I go to anyway as it always has the best restaurants.
Going to be slow going

I was there late February- early March. Still has a way to go but hopefully by next year Lahaina will be open.

I'm surprised they would choose to go to Maui. Last year the travel across the country took a toll on the team so much so that they missed practice time. Also not a fan of playing three games but will be good exposure for the SHU brand.

Everything still totally trashed when I was there a few months ago
On YouTube there is a Maui real state guy who does drone videos of the progress every couple of weeks. Things are moving steadily but this is not a speedy recovery situation. It’s actually a fascinating watch if you have any familiarity with the area.

I'm surprised they would choose to go to Maui. Last year the travel across the country took a toll on the team so much so that they missed practice time. Also not a fan of playing three games but will be good exposure for the SHU brand.
Among the early season MTEs, Maui is still one of the top tier events. Yes, the travel is a hassle but as you point out it's good exposure -- and it will be good competition (as long as we avoid Chaminade).

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
The first thing I thought when I saw the field was that top teams probably said no to the tournament. Either way it is very good exposure. And Maui is still a great place to go.

Manga'a best game by far...played against very good centers.
Great news IMO!

Ah, the famous Charles Manga game against Duke in 2001. Desmond Herod too if I recall.

Heartbreaking loss.
Manga's best game...played great against Boozer and 2 other bigs.

Reactions: Flnj86
What’s more important to our program , playing in a tournament where you pick up a million dollar check or playing in one of the prestigious tournaments. Right now money comes first to me.
The answer to all your questions is money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT