ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty Cornhuskers

RU is stuck with Schiano as to fire him and eat the reminder of his $32 million , 8 year contract would not only add to the deficit the program is running up but generate more unwanted attention on what a financial disaster the football program is . The power brokers at RU wanted Schiano and now they’re stuck with him.

Typical Schiano / RU move. I question Pat Hobbs in all this. What is he doing about their run away "football program"... more like football clown show
I don’t think Hobbs is making the calls on the football program and just goes along with what Schiano wants. Hobbs strength is his ability to keep tapping the Money pipeline from Trenton .

RU is stuck with Schiano as to fire him and eat the reminder of his $32 million , 8 year contract would not only add to the deficit the program is running up but generate more unwanted attention on what a financial disaster the football program is . The power brokers at RU wanted Schiano and now they’re stuck with him.
Exactly. Their recruiting is poor. I don’t see how RU wins at a high clip over the next 3-4 years. That said, they may be perfectly satisfied with a 500 conference record which is realistic under Schiano.

Exactly. Their recruiting is poor. I don’t see how RU wins at a high clip over the next 3-4 years. That said, they may be perfectly satisfied with a 500 conference record which is realistic under Schiano.
Their ceiling is a .500 conference season and an inconsequential bowl. If Schiano delivers that once every three years, he has a job for life.

RU having a .500 conference record is pie in the sky, they will likely end up 1-8 or 0-9 this season.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Their ceiling is a .500 conference season and an inconsequential bowl. If Schiano delivers that once every three years, he has a job for life.
It's tricky, since they don't play five nonconference games anymore like they used to in the Big East. Schiano was able to practically schedule himself bowl eligibility then, even in years when they struggled a bit in the league. Now, he's only got three opportunities before the Big Ten season starts, so at best, he gets halfway there. He's got 0-9 talent this year, but the fact that there are more than a couple bad teams in the league gives him a chance (even if he's 0-2 against them so far).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT