ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Walsh and the Beefsteak

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Condolences to Mike and his family.

Today and tomorrow services for his mother-in-law who passed at the ripe old age of 97 will take place. Because of this Mike, who probably worked as hard as anyone to make tonight a success will not be in attendance as he gave his ticket away.

Anyone who knows or works with Mike knows he is an outstanding individual. All you need see is how he dotes over his handicapped daughter at every single SHU game. He even arranged it years ago to have her sit on the bench as a honorary captain in Walsh Gym for the women's team.

We'll all miss Mike tonight but for now we honor his family and his mother-in-law, may she RIP.

Condolences to Mike and his family.

Today and tomorrow services for his mother-in-law who passed at the ripe old age of 97 will take place. Because of this Mike, who probably worked as hard as anyone to make tonight a success will not be in attendance as he gave his ticket away.

Anyone who knows or works with Mike knows he is an outstanding individual. All you need see is how he dotes over his handicapped daughter at every single SHU game. He even arranged it years ago to have her sit on the bench as a honorary captain in Walsh Gym for the women's team.

We'll all miss Mike tonight but for now we honor his family and his mother-in-law, may she RIP.
Mike, my condolences to you and your entire family.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers!

My mother-in-law, Celia Hyde, was a long time resident of West Orange and lived to the ripe age of 97. Her daughters are both Seton Hall alumni. Mary Hyde Pfister, my sister-in-law, was a nursing school grad in 1983. Kathy Hyde Walsh, my wife, graduated from Seton Hall Law School in 1989.

One more reason for my loyalty to SHU!!!

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers!

My mother-in-law, Celia Hyde, was a long time resident of West Orange and lived to the ripe age of 97. Her daughters are both Seton Hall alumni. Mary Hyde Pfister, my sister-in-law, was a nursing school grad in 1983. Kathy Hyde Walsh, my wife, graduated from Seton Hall Law School in 1989.

One more reason for my loyalty to SHU!!!

So sorry for your loss. A life well lived for sure, may her memory be a blessing to you and your family.

Damn.

From Mike.....

Eight days after my mother-in-law passed, my 61 year old brother-in-law (Doug Pfister) passed. He died unexpectedly at home on Tuesday the 24th. My sister-in-law lost her mother and husband in an 8 day span. I was just getting caught up with Onward Setonia stuff, this will likely put me behind a bit.

I expect to be back on track by next Wednesday.

Damn.

From Mike.....

Eight days after my mother-in-law passed, my 61 year old brother-in-law (Doug Pfister) passed. He died unexpectedly at home on Tuesday the 24th. My sister-in-law lost her mother and husband in an 8 day span. I was just getting caught up with Onward Setonia stuff, this will likely put me behind a bit.

OMG Mike. So sorry for this awful news.

Reactions: walshtrips
Can't imagine how the wife feels. Losing your mom and then 'young' husband unexpectedly.

We have to realize how small our grievances are when you look into another's life.

Damn.

From Mike.....

Just terrible news. My condolences to Mike and his family on their loss.

Unfortunately this is a scenario I'm all too familiar with. There are multiple instances in my family of pairs of deaths in a very brief time frame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT