ADVERTISEMENT

Minutes

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Take a shot.

Here's mine. 40 minutes per position. Total 200 minutes.

PG

Garwey Dual 21 MPG
Zion Harmon 14 MPG
Chaunce Jenkins 5 MPG

2G

Chaunce Jenkins 13 MPG
Dylan Addae-Wusu 12 MPG
Scotty Middleton 9 MPG
Garwey Dual 3 MPG
Jahseem Felton 3 MPG

SF

Isaiah Coleman 23 MPG
Scotty Middleton 14 MPG
Dylan Addae-Wusu 3 MPG

PF

Prince Aligbe 18 MPG
David Tubek 11 MPG
Emmanuel Okorafor 6 MPG
Gus Yalden 5 MPG

C

Yacine Toumi 22 MPG
Gus Yalden 9 MPG
Emmanuel Okorafor 6 MPG
Godswill Erheriene 3 MPG

Projecting a lot of small ball with the quality wings and guards we have compared to front court.
Coleman 28
Middleton 28
Toumi 28
Dual 25
Jenkins 22
Wusu 22
Harmon 12
Yalden 10
Prince 8
Godswill 7
Okorafor 4
Tubek 3
Felton 3

PG: Jenkins 10, Harmon 22, Dual 8
SG: Wusu 10, Jenkins 14, Dual 16
SF: Middleton 24, Coleman 10, Wusu 6
PF: Aligbe 22, Coleman 10, Tubek 4, Wusu 4
C: Toumi 20, Yalden 12, Tubek 8

Starting: Jenkins Wusu Middleton Aligbe Toumi
Total Minutes:
Jenkins 24
Harmon 22
Wusu 20
Dual 24
Middleton 24
Coleman 20
Aligbe 22
Tubek 12
Toumi 20
Yalden 12
Redshirt/end of bench : Felton, Godswill Erheriene, Mbaye, Okorafor

Allocating 14 minutes at PF to Coleman and Wusu might be unpopular but i believe playing small best maximizes our talent.

PG: Jenkins 10, Harmon 22, Dual 8
SG: Wusu 10, Jenkins 14, Dual 16
SF: Middleton 24, Coleman 10, Wusu 6
PF: Aligbe 22, Coleman 10, Tubek 4, Wusu 4
C: Toumi 20, Yalden 12, Tubek 8

Starting: Jenkins Wusu Middleton Aligbe Toumi
Total Minutes:
Jenkins 24
Harmon 22
Wusu 20
Dual 24
Middleton 24
Coleman 20
Aligbe 22
Tubek 12
Toumi 20
Yalden 12
Redshirt/end of bench : Felton, Godswill Erheriene, Mbaye, Okorafor

Allocating 14 minutes at PF to Coleman and Wusu might be unpopular but i believe playing small best maximizes our talent.
Allocating 14 minutes per game to Coleman just means you think he can effectively do the job there. He's not getting 14 minutes per game there if he's getting eaten up. I'm kind of hoping he has a Jared Rhoden summer after his first year where you can see Jared spent much of the summer in the weight room. If Coleman has his body ready for tough physical play, it could only help us. I just think about Wrights 1st few years at Nova where he had Randy Foye out of necessity due to injuries defending the 4. Foye was tough as nails and not afraid to be physical knowing full well he'd take a few whacks. Getting that kind of toughness from Coleman would be huge and I don't care if he's only a sophomore that would be captain type on court leadership.

Allocating 14 minutes per game to Coleman just means you think he can effectively do the job there. He's not getting 14 minutes per game there if he's getting eaten up. I'm kind of hoping he has a Jared Rhoden summer after his first year where you can see Jared spent much of the summer in the weight room. If Coleman has his body ready for tough physical play, it could only help us. I just think about Wrights 1st few years at Nova where he had Randy Foye out of necessity due to injuries defending the 4. Foye was tough as nails and not afraid to be physical knowing full well he'd take a few whacks. Getting that kind of toughness from Coleman would be huge and I don't care if he's only a sophomore that would be captain type on court leadership.
And Dual is not “getting to the next level” at 8 minutes a game. (His plan, not my projection)

If we're playing four guards, expect that Addae-Wusu will be the player at the 4 most, if not all of the time.

He's the biggest (not tallest) and toughest of the group. He's also the one who is most likely to be able to withstand the physical pounding of players bigger than he is.

Early in the year when the competition is less you can get away with playing Addae-Wusu at the 4. But when you play quality D1 team putting 4 guards on the court without a dominant 5 will be a recipe for disaster.

I would much rather give my minutes to protype power forwards and let them develop chemistry with their teammates.

The roster is obviously top heavy with swings and guards, so that is going to be a good problem for Holloway. But the backside is some players are going to be unhappy with their PT.

Here is my wish list for starting 5:

Tubek at the 3 small forward
Yalden at the 4 power forward
Coleman at the 2 shooting guard
Felton at the 1 guard playing the KR role
Center is up for grabs: Yacine Toumi, Emmanuel Okorafor, Godswill Erheriene

Wusu and everyone else not starting are the subs as the game dictates.

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
Here is my wish list for starting 5:

Tubek at the 3 small forward
Yalden at the 4 power forward
Coleman at the 2 shooting guard
Felton at the 1 guard playing the KR role
Center is up for grabs: Yacine Toumi, Emmanuel Okorafor, Godswill Erheriene

Wusu and everyone else not starting are the subs as the game dictates.
Not sure if this is satire or not but there is no world where Tubek, Felton, or Yalden start unless they are the best practice players ever.

Reactions: HALL85 and shupat08
Felton would shock me if he starts with the deep backcourt the Pirates have.

I don't see Tubek starting, but if he does it won't be at the 3.

Yalden is intriguing because he can play the 4 or 5. But sight unseen at this stage I believe we have better alternatives.

All three players have game, but they are young and inexperienced.

Jenkins 28
Middleton 24
Coleman 22
Wusu 20
Toumi 19
Dual 18
Aligbe 17
Harmon 16
Yalden 10
Felton 8
Okorafor 8
Tubek 6
Godswill 4

Jenkins 28
Middleton 24
Coleman 22
Wusu 20
Dual 18
Aligbe 17
Toumi 19
Harmon 16
Yalden 10
Tubek 6
Felton 8
Okorafor 8
Godswill 4
This is not a bad breakdown.

I would take 5 minutes from Jenkins and switch them to Dual. That would give them each 23 minutes.

Overall I would see all of these minutes allocations that we are theorizing on as pertaining to the out of Conference portion of the schedule. Especially the cupcakes.

Once the BE starts we all know that 13 guys aren't seeing the court. Hopefully a top 10 will emerge and Sha can play his 40 minutes of pressure D.

Felton would shock me if he starts with the deep backcourt the Pirates have.

I don't see Tubek starting, but if he does it won't be at the 3.

Yalden is intriguing because he can play the 4 or 5. But sight unseen at this stage I believe we have better alternatives.

All three players have game, but they are young and inexperienced.
It was a wish list and very likely not gonna happen. Tubek missed a lot because of injuries but I picked him to start because he has a year under his belt with Sha and his system. Did not shoot enough to draw any conclusions but his free throw shooting was very good and lord knows you want starters who can make free throws plus he did not hesitate to shoot threes but here again 2 of 8 is a very small sample. He did shoot over 40% from deep in HS so why not at the 3? He has a great frame and was also a terrific HS rebounder.

Coleman gets to start because he played a lot for Sha last year and knows the system and what is expected and showed us great ability.

Yalden at the 4 is a no brainer as he is a not only a big body but can rebound and score. I would not waste him at the center position. We have bigs who can play center and rebound, defend and have probably limited offense which harkens back to the days when we had 2 7 foot centers who only could dunk but we had a 6'10" forward who played along side them and could score the ball ie Sandro.

This is not a bad breakdown.

I would take 5 minutes from Jenkins and switch them to Dual. That would give them each 23 minutes.

Overall I would see all of these minutes allocations that we are theorizing on as pertaining to the out of Conference portion of the schedule. Especially the cupcakes.

Once the BE starts we all know that 13 guys aren't seeing the court. Hopefully a top 10 will emerge and Sha can play his 40 minutes of pressure D.
Pressure "D" will not work very well if you can't score the ball. You need a starting 5 and rotation of kids who not only play "D" but can also make shots. Play team ball etc.. This means making free throws, 3 pointers and deuces.

You can't have kids in the game who have no clue how to create shots and make them. Practice will show Sha who can score the ball and play decent "D" to merit starting.

I suspect some kids will be on the bench and be a sub because they don't do both aspects of the game very well.

The upcoming practices will reveal who has starter stuff.

If ya wanna score the ball, then you'll want Middleton in your starting lineup. From all reports he will be our best pure shooter.

The question is which player or players step up to a place where they really need to be on the court most of the time?

If Dual is getting 18 minutes a game he might be out the door by late January instead of late March or April.

If ya wanna score the ball, then you'll want Middleton in your starting lineup. From all reports he will be our best pure shooter.
Yes I would like him in the starting lineup but reports and stuff on paper are just that. He will start if he produces in practice and not what is on reports. Same for every kid on the roster. Reputation and past performance does not put you on the staring five. I'm sure any coach would feel the same.

Reactions: hallball
Rhoden would out hustle everyone for rebounds and loose balls, and Willard rewarded him with minutes. Those minutes greatly benefited his development his freshman year and was allowed to play through mistakes.
He is a great example of how playing at SHU for 4 years with a lot of hard work got him to this level.

True, but as we have seen it’s about how you play in college more than your high school rating. Rhoden is a prime example.
No doubt. But this is a kid who played 19 minutes a game as a freshman on a Providence team that was on the bubble and had a 1st round pick and solid experienced veteran in the backcourt. And who had one foot out the door already despite averaging 3 points and 1 assist, or whatever it was, over those 19 minutes per game.

As far as the backcourt Sha has a lot to work with. So, yea I can see Dual elevating and moving closer to 25-30 minutes a game. Lots of untapped potential. I think Felton can become “that guy” at some point. Plus, Harmon has that second chance in his college career. As I stated already, I think Sha plays Jenkins the most minutes.

Yes I would like him in the starting lineup but reports and stuff on paper are just that. He will start if he produces in practice and not what is on reports. Same for every kid on the roster. Reputation and past performance does not put you on the staring five. I'm sure any coach would feel the same.
When asked who will start we all could say the five guys who shaheen thinks should start. But that is kinda boring, so we give opinions. Ill be shocked if Middleton. Dual and coleman dont start.

I have been shocked before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT