ADVERTISEMENT

Mocks

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
I think anyone who is an NFL fan loves the mock drafts, leading up to the real thing.

Few IMO do it better than ESPN+. It's a pay site so I have to respect that but moving forward ESPN does report on their TV programing the info the day after.

For here I will just post the link and the Jet/Giant info.

Mel Kiper Jr.Football analyst
March 22

4. New York Jets

Drake London, WR, USC

The Jets have had a nice start to free agency, filling voids at tight end (C.J. Uzomah and Tyler Conklin), safety (Jordan Whitehead), cornerback (D.J. Reed) and guard (Laken Tomlinson). They haven't yet added an outside wide receiver to help Zach Wilson, though, which means they could be eyeing one with either of their top-10 picks. They could get their choice of the best receiver in the class here, and really, if they want to take one, there's no need to wait.

London, 6-foot-4 and my top-ranked wideout, had 88 catches for 1,084 yards in eight games in 2021 before a broken right ankle ended his season. He can be a weapon in the red zone. With London and Corey Davis on the outside and Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios working out of the slot, New York would have a young and talented receiving corps for Wilson's second season.

5. New York Giants

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

The Giants, the other team with two top-10 picks, haven't been as active in free agency as new general manager Joe Schoen gets the team back into decent salary-cap shape. That doesn't mean they don't have needs, though, particularly at edge rusher and offensive tackle. With the way the board has fallen in this projection, they can get Day 1 starters at both spots.

Neal is a massive tackle who can overpower defenders in the run game and move his feet as a pass-protector. Andrew Thomas, the No. 4 pick in the 2020 draft, looked much better in Year 2 and could stay at left tackle, pushing Neal to the right side. Neal also played some guard at Alabama, and he could be great there too. This is a big season for quarterback Daniel Jones, so the Giants have to keep him upright.

7. New York Giants (via CHI)​

Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

This pick is logical for the team and for the prospect. The Giants' top pass-rusher last season was rookie Azeez Ojulari, who led the team with eight sacks, and they have to improve on the edge. This is their best chance to add a young, talented defensive end. They can afford to use this pick on Thibodeaux, who has a high ceiling but was inconsistent in 2021.

If Thibodeaux puts it all together, you're talking about All-Pro-level talent. But if he doesn't build out secondary moves and can't improve his all-around game, he could struggle. He has the type of physical traits NFL teams love, but taking that guy in the top 10 is risky. If New York passes on Thibodeaux, keep an eye on cornerback or linebacker with this pick.

10. New York Jets (via SEA)​

Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

I think the Jets would be thrilled to get a shutdown corner with their second Round 1 pick, improving a secondary that allowed quarterbacks to put up a 53.5 QBR last season, which ranked 31st in the league. Signing D.J. Reed will help, but I still see cornerback as a need. They also need a safety, but I don't have another one with a first-round grade after Kyle Hamilton.

Gardner is a shutdown corner with outstanding tools. He showed in the College Football Playoff against Alabama that he can hold his own against elite talent. I'm a huge fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News