ADVERTISEMENT

More NYC trouble

You’re not good at implying. I didn’t realize I had to give an opinion on every single post. It’s my opinion that important to you?

i’ll help you out here. IMO investment in infrastructure especially is important, something our political leaders should be working on the bipartisan matter and I support it. I also support being fiscally responsible and making those investments at the appropriate time.
I could care less about your opinion. Seems that you have an opinion on most issues but stay silent when Biden or the Dems actually do something that is good.

However, you indeed interjected your opinion on the issue by giving the “lol” comment. You complained about how bad infrastructure is in NYC. And you laugh at Biden's infrastructure bill. It is rather inconsistent. It is what Kneis and SHUSA pointed out in their posts.

Moreover, you are for infrastructure but with the qualifier at the "appropriate time." This bit of information could only mean that you thought that Biden's infrastructure bill was at the wrong time. Otherwise, this sentence has no meaning. You gave your opinion without actually giving an opinion. Sounds like you are practicing for political office.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I could care less about your opinion. Seems that you have an opinion on most issues but stay silent when Biden or the Dems actually do something that is good.

However, you indeed interjected your opinion on the issue by giving the “lol” comment. You complained about how bad infrastructure is in NYC. And you laugh at Biden's infrastructure bill. It is rather inconsistent. It is what Kneis and SHUSA pointed out in their posts.

Moreover, you are for infrastructure but with the qualifier at the "appropriate time." This bit of information could only mean that you thought that Biden's infrastructure bill was at the wrong time. Otherwise, this sentence has no meaning. You gave your opinion without actually giving an opinion. Sounds like you are practicing for political office.
The "lol" was because you are constantly trying to give Biden credit, despite his poor overall record and approval ratings.

I said "appropriate time" because that's something that we should discuss and it's certainly inbounds given the way inflation is soaring and being in a recession. You obviously don't understand how business and budgeting works. Or do you think we should just keep spending money with no thought about the implications?

The "lol" was because you are constantly trying to give Biden credit, despite his poor overall record and approval ratings.

I said "appropriate time" because that's something that we should discuss and it's certainly inbounds given the way inflation is soaring and being in a recession. You obviously don't understand how business and budgeting works. Or do you think we should just keep spending money with no thought about the implications?
I give Biden credit when he deserves it. Infrastructure was sorely needed and neglected. He got it done where others have failed. Thus, he deserves credit. Second, Biden has accomplished many good things and way more than his predecessor. i.e. CHIPS act, infrastructure, and getting medicare to negotiate drug prices. All excellent. However, you just want criticize the guy despite objective success.

When is the appropriate time? Should we wait until more bridges collapse because we should wait until we are in a surplus to fix it?? Spending on infrastructure means jobs. Lots of high paying jobs which then creates secondary and tertiary jobs. Which in turn creates revenue for taxes. It is the best money government can spend.

I give Biden credit when he deserves it. Infrastructure was sorely needed and neglected. He got it done where others have failed. Thus, he deserves credit. Second, Biden has accomplished many good things and way more than his predecessor. i.e. CHIPS act, infrastructure, and getting medicare to negotiate drug prices. All excellent. However, you just want criticize the guy despite objective success.

When is the appropriate time? Should we wait until more bridges collapse because we should wait until we are in a surplus to fix it?? Spending on infrastructure means jobs. Lots of high paying jobs which then creates secondary and tertiary jobs. Which in turn creates revenue for taxes. It is the best money government can spend.
Always back to whataboutism. Lol

Overall, how would you rate his two years as President?

Having the discussion about appropriate time is inbounds. You can ignore and use the standard talking points but that doesn’t change the fact about timing right now. IMO it’s fair to discuss whether you agree or not.

raccoon-cute.gif

when Hall 85 tries to backtrack his stances.

yaaaaaaawn. thread remains silent. maybe youre just lazy and havent gotten around to it yet.

nah, youre just exposed and have nothing to say.
Why are you interested in my opinion on the matter?

Reactions: shu09
Having the discussion about appropriate time is inbounds. You can ignore and use the standard talking points but that doesn’t change the fact about timing right now. IMO it’s fair to discuss whether you agree or not.

I'd like to fix these bridges, but have you seen inflation! Come on... It's never a bad time to invest in infrastructure.

You complained about roads and bridges. Cern commented that he was glad Biden got a infrastructure bill through that will directly impact those same roads and bridges and now you're suggesting it's a bad time?

This is you after the bill passed.
The infrastructure deal was good legislation and fortunately something that both parties can (and should support).

You thought it was something both parties should support when it passed. Now you want to talk about the timing of it?

Objective success? Sounds very subjective to me, given his approval numbers. Wait until the recession! Gonna get ugly.

Reactions: Abbo71
I'd like to fix these bridges, but have you seen inflation! Come on... It's never a bad time to invest in infrastructure.

You complained about roads and bridges. Cern commented that he was glad Biden got a infrastructure bill through that will directly impact those same roads and bridges and now you're suggesting it's a bad time?

This is you after the bill passed.

You thought it was something both parties should support when it passed. Now you want to talk about the timing of it?
I did support infrastructure legislation. Where did I say I didn’t?

Given the recession that we are in, the timing of it can be called into question.

Not a Biden fan but his approval numbers have rebounded sharply from their low.

Up 5- 10 points is significant, but still well below 50% in most polls

The Rudy that was mayor of NYC 20+ years ago does not exist any longer.

He's too busy trying to hijack our elections.

No kidding. I had hope for Adams, but his attitudes on policing are ridiculous, too (i.e. banning more than 2 cops at a time from talking to each other on the street). The city badly needs a return to the "broken window policing" policies of Giuliani and Kelly. It's a mess downtown like the 1970s all over again. Could not believe the graffiti when I visited a few weeks ago.

If the crime in NYC continues on its current path the public will eventually elect a mayor who will clean it up as they did in 1993.

I did support infrastructure legislation. Where did I say I didn’t?

Where you started talking about the timing of when it passed. As if presidents get multiple opportunities to pass bipartisan infrastructure legislation?

Just too hard for you to agree with Cern that, yes it is a good thing that infrastructure funding will go to the exact thing that you were just complaining about?

Reactions: cernjSHU
Where you started talking about the timing of when it passed. As if presidents get multiple opportunities to pass bipartisan infrastructure legislation?

Just too hard for you to agree with Cern that, yes it is a good thing that infrastructure funding will go to the exact thing that you were just complaining about?
smh...I did agree that infrastructure was a good thing.... Enjoy your pretzel.

Always back to whataboutism. Lol

Overall, how would you rate his two years as President?

Timing is now. Infrastructure spending cannot wait. That is an excuse that has been used for 20 years. No more. And it is not a discussion point.

I think Biden has done a pretty good job. I am not without my criticism of him like withdrawing from Afghanistan and he must do more at the border. But the legislation that has been passed has been excellent as I said before. How he has handled the Ukraine-Russian War has been A+. From getting NATO back together and standing strong to walking the fine line of helping Ukraine beat back Russia without the spread of us getting involved in a far wider war has been terrific. No easy task. HE is making this look so easy that no. one gives him credit for it. He has finally got OPEC to ramp up production and as you see gas prices are coming down.

The economy while no one is happy about inflation, it was something that was coming no mater who was President. This country is in far better position than any other country in the world as global inflation hits. If there is going to be a recession, so be it. Besides the pandemic recession, there hasn't been a recession since the Great Recession 2008. That is 14 years.

Reactions: Merge
Objective success? Sounds very subjective to me, given his approval numbers. Wait until the recession! Gonna get ugly.
Really? So Infrastructure, CHIPS Act, renegotiating medicare is bad objectively? Is that what you think?

And btw, broken windows theory is BS policing. NYC must reform bail reform - number one issue that NYC has.
Until that happens, you have a terrible situation. .

Oh, I didn't realize you get to end the discussion. Pretty funny.

Oh, I didn't realize you get to end the discussion. Pretty funny.
What is the alternative? Do not spend money on infrastructure and let roads, tunnels and bridges collapse? That is just silly. You complained about the crumbling infrastructure yourself and you now state this is really not the time? That is so disingenuous. Also, let's not forget about the power grid that needs an update. We see how good Texas's power grid is.

Reading comprehension is not your friend. I didn't say this is not the time. I said it's inbounds to question whether it is or is not given the recession and what further impact it may have on the people that actually have to pay for it. You see, I would rather us have a discussion than to just state "It's not a discussion point". I agree that we should be investing in infrastructure on an ongoing basis, but it's a political football for both parties.

Reading comprehension is not your friend.

https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com...ng+comprehension"&c[users]=HALL85&o=relevance

Dozens of posts complaining about other people's reading comprehension...

Maybe you should look inwards to try and understand why you have a difficult time getting people to understand you.

Maybe because rather than discuss if you agree with the infrastructure bill you'd rather talk about the timing of it... and not that you agree or disagree with the timing, but if the timing is an inbounds question or not?

Maybe you will get your point across better if you just say if you agree with the bill as it passed when it passed or not.

https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/search/17120/?page=2&q="reading+comprehension"&c[users]=HALL85&o=relevance

Dozens of posts complaining about other people's reading comprehension...

Maybe you should look inwards to try and understand why you have a difficult time getting people to understand you.

Maybe because rather than discuss if you agree with the infrastructure bill you'd rather talk about the timing of it... and not that you agree or disagree with the timing, but if the timing is an inbounds question or not?

Maybe you will get your point across better if you just say if you agree with the bill as it passed when it passed or not.
lol…maybe you shouldn’t constantly deflect.

I can’t help posters on an anonymous message board. When I have that issue in my career or personal life I’ll be sure to look inwardly.

Reading comprehension is not your friend. I didn't say this is not the time. I said it's inbounds to question whether it is or is not given the recession and what further impact it may have on the people that actually have to pay for it. You see, I would rather us have a discussion than to just state "It's not a discussion point". I agree that we should be investing in infrastructure on an ongoing basis, but it's a political football for both parties.
Hall85, I am pretty sure I understand just fine. I outright reject your proposition as I find it inane. the alternative is to do nothing and see it deteriorate further risking people's lives. That is a nonstarter and that is why I categorically reject your premise that it should be discussed. Not that I don't understand what you are saying, I say it is complete garbage subjectively and from an objective point of view.

I also discussed the economic benefits of infrastructure spending. You just can't agree with anything Biden has done that is why you got caught up in your hypocrisy. Instead of owning up to it, you want to try to insult everyone's intelligence. Perhaps you should look in the mirror when it comes to that.

Hall85, I am pretty sure I understand just fine. I outright reject your proposition as I find it inane. the alternative is to do nothing and see it deteriorate further risking people's lives. That is a nonstarter and that is why I categorically reject your premise that it should be discussed. Not that I don't understand what you are saying, I say it is complete garbage subjectively and from an objective point of view.

I also discussed the economic benefits of infrastructure spending. You just can't agree with anything Biden has done that is why you got caught up in your hypocrisy. Instead of owning up to it, you want to try to insult everyone's intelligence. Perhaps you should look in the mirror when it comes to that.
And I get accused of being in an ivory tower. Wow, can your head fit through the doorway? Too funny.

I will refrain from responding as you have "outright rejected my proposition". You must be fun at parties.

And I get accused of being in an ivory tower. Wow, can your head fit through the doorway? Too funny.

I will refrain from responding as you have "outright rejected my proposition". You must be fun at parties.
It is because your position is unsupportable. No ivory tower thinking on my part. It is just common sense that most people can understand.

It is because your position is unsupportable. No ivory tower thinking on my part. It is just common sense that most people can understand.

Should we spend money on helping Florida recover from this Hurricane?

I support funding disaster relief personally, but only when the time is right. Need to consider the context of the inflation rate...:rolleyes:

Should we spend money on helping Florida recover from this Hurricane?

I support funding disaster relief personally, but only when the time is right. Need to consider the context of the inflation rate...:rolleyes:
More deflection…at least you stay true to yourself….lol

Hall 85 playbook:
-reading comprehension
-whataboutism
-deflection
-played golf with (insert ceo name here)

Lazy is primed for the big leagues soon.

• Haha
FWIW, I was born in Brooklyn and when I was five we moved out to Long Island.

My dad was an NYPD detective.

Until I was about 10 all our vacations were at the police camp which was a resort in the in the Catskills that was owned by the NYPD.

That site has since been sold to a religious group.

If you are a hiker you should try hiking the Platte Clove ravine. It runs along the road that is closed during the winter because it's too steep. It's got a series of waterfalls that are just spectacular to experience.

Last edited:
Timing is now. Infrastructure spending cannot wait. That is an excuse that has been used for 20 years. No more. And it is not a discussion point.

I think Biden has done a pretty good job. I am not without my criticism of him like withdrawing from Afghanistan and he must do more at the border. But the legislation that has been passed has been excellent as I said before. How he has handled the Ukraine-Russian War has been A+. From getting NATO back together and standing strong to walking the fine line of helping Ukraine beat back Russia without the spread of us getting involved in a far wider war has been terrific. No easy task. HE is making this look so easy that no. one gives him credit for it. He has finally got OPEC to ramp up production and as you see gas prices are coming down.

The economy while no one is happy about inflation, it was something that was coming no mater who was President. This country is in far better position than any other country in the world as global inflation hits. If there is going to be a recession, so be it. Besides the pandemic recession, there hasn't been a recession since the Great Recession 2008. That is 14 years.
That’s your guy cern. Is Joe having lunch with Jim Florio today?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...resswoman-present-white-house-event-rcna49898

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT