ADVERTISEMENT

Mosley—Faithful Star at Seton Hall

shu67

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2021
New Jersey
This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems;

So you will see some typos etc. but an interesting read:

Reactions: King of S
Trove tidbit

By Zack Cziryak

Glenn Mosley was in a dark place with no hope.

Decades after a lengthy professional career in basketball and a decorated four-year stop at Seton Hall in South Orange, the Newark-native had “fallen off the cliff,” indulging in “stuff he shouldn’t indulge in,” thinking nobody cared about him. But when it mattered the most, he discovered that a lot of people do, in fact, care about and for Glenn Mosley.

A trip in July of last year to University Hospital for what he expected to be a standard abdominal issue upended Mosley’s life. A CAT scan revealed that he needed an open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, a procedure that saved him from the possibility of dropping dead “at any minute,” he said.

Following the seven-hour procedure, Mosley received visits from lots of people, many of them from his Seton Hall family including former teammate and Pirate great Greg Tynes, Chief of Staff Pat Lyons and Athletic Director Bryan Felt, as well as a former head coach turned national commentator.

All of a sudden, I look up and guess who's at my bed: Bill Raftery. I almost cried because I hadn't seen Raf in years,” he said.

While he walks with a cane and maintains a scar from his belly button to below his beltline that reminds him of what he went through, the outpouring of love in response to a life-threatening situation reminded Mosley of all he has and continues to be grateful for, which now includes being clean for over a year and counting.

"I wouldn't wish that on anybody, but I'm glad it happened. It saved my life,” he said of the procedure.

For a long time, basketball was Mosley’s life.................

Reactions: Belluno
Trove tidbit

By Zack Cziryak

Glenn Mosley was in a dark place with no hope.

Decades after a lengthy professional career in basketball and a decorated four-year stop at Seton Hall in South Orange, the Newark-native had “fallen off the cliff,” indulging in “stuff he shouldn’t indulge in,” thinking nobody cared about him. But when it mattered the most, he discovered that a lot of people do, in fact, care about and for Glenn Mosley.

A trip in July of last year to University Hospital for what he expected to be a standard abdominal issue upended Mosley’s life. A CAT scan revealed that he needed an open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, a procedure that saved him from the possibility of dropping dead “at any minute,” he said.

Following the seven-hour procedure, Mosley received visits from lots of people, many of them from his Seton Hall family including former teammate and Pirate great Greg Tynes, Chief of Staff Pat Lyons and Athletic Director Bryan Felt, as well as a former head coach turned national commentator.

All of a sudden, I look up and guess who's at my bed: Bill Raftery. I almost cried because I hadn't seen Raf in years,” he said.

While he walks with a cane and maintains a scar from his belly button to below his beltline that reminds him of what he went through, the outpouring of love in response to a life-threatening situation reminded Mosley of all he has and continues to be grateful for, which now includes being clean for over a year and counting.

"I wouldn't wish that on anybody, but I'm glad it happened. It saved my life,” he said of the procedure.

For a long time, basketball was Mosley’s life.................
Finally, something uplifting has occurred. It's really depressing coming to this site most of the time. Praying for your quick complete recovery, Glenn.

Reactions: PiratePride
This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems;

So you will see some typos etc. but an interesting read:

While I get it that the "digitized" version MIGHT have typos....but wow. That was hard to read...the content and substance was fine...the actual text? Not so much! Either facts were wrong...spelling was wrong...grammar was....awful...lol.

But I got the idea...

He was a great player. Never forget that a snake named Jim Delaney, a local boy and future Big 10 commissioner, made his bones on this case while working for the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT