ADVERTISEMENT

Multiple transfers

The Crows Nest

All World
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Was it ever determined if all/high majority (> 80%) of second or greater transfers denied immediate eligibility this time around?

Knowing this as somewhat certain will help guide and assess future roster building.

Perhaps this is well known…I just recall reading individual snippets but not an overall assessment.

This is the glimmer of hope I have for Seton Hall in the current landscape of NIL.

We have historically been successful at bringing the local player back home on the first transfer (whether it be after their freshman or sophomore season). If the NCAA is consistent in denying the immediate waiver for a second transfer, that might deter an upperclassman who is thriving and developing in Sha’s system from leaving again.

The only loophole to this strategy is if the student can complete their undergraduate in three years and then use their fourth year of eligibility as a grad transfer. But that is a very challenging task to accomplish, especially if they have already transferred credits once.

Barring a player having an extra year of eligibility due to an injury waiver, you are also going to see the grad transfer predominantly go away as well.

And if I am not mistaken, this year’s senior class is the last remaining contingent of an extra year of Covid eligibility.

My biggest concern still lies with the retention of a HS recruit who has a successful / promising freshman or sophomore year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT