ADVERTISEMENT

My guess is St John's will be arrogant enough.....

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
To focus on the biggest name possible like Mullin, Mark Jackson, Pitino and will make a Hurley part if their B list. Just my opinion.

they know they are not going to get Pitino. Maybe his son. But that's not arrogant. That's at least thinking big to try to re create their brand and never know they may get fortunate. If not then they go to plan B. Give them credit. I am by no means a SJU fan but with me its the fact that you try to get and do the best that you can. Whether its SJU ALABAMA DEPAUL ETC. It shows that they care and recognize the importance of their program. At SHU so far we sit on our hands and its always wait until next year. FR. HARRINGTON at SJU realizes how much it means for them to not only win but win big. LAVIN 2 NCAAS and 1 NIT in 4 years. 1 year didn't even coach due to illness. Cant say the same about DR. ESTEBAN or the others BOR LYONS ETC. Kept reading don't worry Lyons will do whats necessary to improve the program when the time comes. Saw this more than once during the season. Well the season for us is long over with an embarrassing loss to Marquette. I hink people who get supposed inside info from SOURCES wel its mainly either BS and or just talk in order to appease the fans. Big talk then as time goes by nothing happens. We have a great chance NOW to right the ship. But unfortunately forget it. hope im wrong. OH the people who give us the SUPPOSSED INSIDE INFO I believe what they are relaying but the people giving it to them are just talkers. Good for SJU. shoot for the moon. Maybe if we are embarrassed enough then that's what it will take for this school to do something.

Pirate hall
Fr. Harrington is no longer the President at SJU. , they now have a lay President who began his tenure this past Sept..

Originally posted by Hall91:
To focus on the biggest name possible like Mullin, Mark Jackson, Pitino and will make a Hurley part if their B list. Just my opinion.
I think you might be right.

I would love to have a Hurley here at SHU, but do you really can a Steve Lavin to bring onboard Danny Hurley?

sorry for the misinfo but im sure I heard francesa about 2 weeks ago mention FR. HARRINGTON maybe not as PRES. but as maybe someone who still has a lot of interest in the school and since he has been there so long may be at least asked for some sort of an opinion on this situation. Do you know anything about their new PRES.? He may be more aggressive towards getting their program back to where they were. But thanks for telling me. appreciate it.

Pirate hall
All I can tell you about their new president Coronado "Bobby" Gempesaw is that , like our own president , is that he's originally from the Phillipines and before accepting the position at St. John's he was the Provost at Miami of Ohio.

Fwiw francesa goes out of his way to say that he no longer had any connections at sju. Wonder what he did to burn that bridge.

What did Francessa do to burn the bridge? He started a scholarship at SJU in his name and never funded it. He's a huge turd, and while hes a SJU grad SJU wants nothing to do with him after that. Disgrace.

Don't see them going to Manhattan again. Cluess might be more attractive than Massielo, esp. after the diploma issue last spring. Mullin is a huge gamble and an AD might be anxious about Jackson after his run at Golden State.

Originally posted by SJUBall:
What did Francessa do to burn the bridge? He started a scholarship at SJU in his name and never funded it. He's a huge turd, and while hes a SJU grad SJU wants nothing to do with him after that. Disgrace.
That's quite a jackass move by him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT