ADVERTISEMENT

Naz Reid, Carey & Quinerly

Posted this a couple minutes ago but it says it's awaiting approval... ignore mine when it comes up lol

Naz Reid and Jahvon Quinerly both named their top schools tonight.

Reid: Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, Uconn, UNC, and Arizona

No St. John's or Cuse.

Quinerly: UCLA, Seton Hall, Stanford, Villanova, Kansas, Virginia, Arizona

Again, no St. John's which I think is surprising.

I don't think we are getting either because the blue bloods/sharks are circling. King is the guy I really want and think we can get. Of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't recruit these kids - we absolutely should be in it to win it. Just think King is more likely given the competition.

Win and we will land a few kids like these guys.

That's why a lot rides on Angel coming back

What I wanna know is this, the blue bloods were once not blue bloods DUKE used to be awful actually, how do you become a blue blood, gotta start somewhere right... and you do not need to be one of them anyways Villanova is on their level nobody calls them blue bloods but damn do they have a great program, so can we.........

Both of these guys are incredible and we probably don't have a strong chance for either. I think Naz will eventually get a Kentucky offer and Jay Wright is all over JQ.

BUT, the two of them are very close and play sooo well together for Sports U, maybe there's a chance Nazi will want to play with Jahvon. If that's so, Arizona, Kansas, UCLA and Seton Hall are the 4 on both lists. So let's pray they want to play together and stay on East coast and we are golden!

Going off what Fishjam said, I really don't think we have much of a chance at either player here.

If Kentucky gets a Reid offer he's gone and I think Quinerly (unfortunately) winds up at Nova.

As dehere said above, I really think Louis King could be the guy in this class. If we can lock him up in the fall, I think we could see some other dominos start to fall (Valdir).

Reactions: Seton75
C_6pIlEXsAE7-LJ.jpg

When will these kids want to stay home and be the "starter" instead of going away and competing for a position and possibly being recruited over? We may not be a final 4 team every year but we should be able to make the tournament every year with consistent recruiting. That allows us to be 1 or 2 big prospects away from advancing in the tournament

When will these kids want to stay home and be the "starter" instead of going away and competing for a position and possibly being recruited over? We may not be a final 4 team every year but we should be able to make the tournament every year with consistent recruiting. That allows us to be 1 or 2 big prospects away from advancing in the tournament

When the game atmosphere and campus life rival out of state schools. Unfortunately it doesn't. Jersey/New York fans are fickle and with the large amount of sporting options in the area it will always be tough to attract the casual fan.

Reactions: HallBall10
Win and we will land a few kids like these guys.

That's why a lot rides on Angel coming back
I disagree.

SHU has gone to back to back NCAA's, which is a sign they are winning.

Most kids will make their choice of college before the season starts so Angel's decision will have little effect on whether or not a kid chooses SHU.

I like the class SHU has coming in and I really like 2 of the players in it but, I think this year's recruiting is as critical a year as SHU has had in quite a long time. If they can land some top flight talent it has become a program, if not it is a school that had a nice run of seasons.

It is up to Willard and Co., to close these kids, no excuses.

I disagree.

SHU has gone to back to back NCAA's, which is a sign they are winning.

Most kids will make their choice of college before the season starts so Angel's decision will have little effect on whether or not a kid chooses SHU.

I like the class SHU has coming in and I really like 2 of the players in it but, I think this year's recruiting is as critical a year as SHU has had in quite a long time. If they can land some top flight talent it has become a program, if not it is a school that had a nice run of seasons.

It is up to Willard and Co., to close these kids, no excuses.

And because they have won, I believe SHU will land an outstanding class for 2018. Lots of mins available for some kids to walk into big roles.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
What I wanna know is this, the blue bloods were once not blue bloods DUKE used to be awful actually, how do you become a blue blood, gotta start somewhere right... and you do not need to be one of them anyways Villanova is on their level nobody calls them blue bloods but damn do they have a great program, so can we.........

I only go back to Art Heymann and Bob Verga in the '60's. When was Duke "awful actually"?

It's gotta be nice to have Reid as a plan F. From everything you read Bol is a lean to Kentucky. Like you said they will most likely get 1 of the other if not more

Jalen Carey has a Top 10.

The 6-foot-3, 170-pound point guard from the Playaz and Montclair (N.J.) Immaculate Conception is now listing Syracuse, Notre Dame, Kansas, Rutgers, Miami, Florida, Seton Hall, Indiana, UConn and Temple, per his high school coach Jimmy Salmon.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/08/jalen-carey-top-10/

Well, given the number of ships we will have to give...which could rise...I am hoping for a few early commits...as this would not be a year to have to sweat out Spring signees...

And, getting a very early verbal or two, say from Manuel and Carey....could go a long way to starting a stellar class...

Seems that way but plenty of other blue bloods on that list for Naz and as we know the longer he stays open the more schools come into the fray.

I never thought these kids would end up together as others speculated. Competition for all fierce but I still think Quinerly to Nova, King to the Hall, Luther to St Johns and Naz who knows

Kentucky has a few kids ahead of Reid that they like better then Reid.

And btw I Hope the ones we don't get End up in the conference. Would be great for the league and battles going forward

Seems that way but plenty of other blue bloods on that list for Naz and as we know the longer he stays open the more schools come into the fray.

I never thought these kids would end up together as others speculated. Competition for all fierce but I still think Quinerly to Nova, King to the Hall, Luther to St Johns and Naz who knows

Posted this a couple minutes ago but it says it's awaiting approval... ignore mine when it comes up lol

Naz Reid and Jahvon Quinerly both named their top schools tonight.

Reid: Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, Uconn, UNC, and Arizona

No St. John's or Cuse.

Quinerly: UCLA, Seton Hall, Stanford, Villanova, Kansas, Virginia, Arizona

Again, no St. John's which I think is surprising.

Bleacher Reports today said today that Quinerly has removed both SJU and Xavier from his list.

I'd bet ND for Luther

Yup as Artie said KY has kids they like more who knows if he lands there but if Cal wants him never bet against Cal. And Norm came east earlier in the spring specifically to see Naz and a few others.

Case closed.

If you're Jordan Walker and the Hall is recruiting your good friend Javon Quinerly, aren't you ALSO being recruited over?

Naz Reid and quinerly? Yes, I see the need. But I'm struggling to see where Carey fills a need. From everything I hear he is a great 2 guard but not a true pg. We arlready have 2 great players that fill that role on the team in Powell and Cale. Where is this kid going to play? Are we transitioning to a 3 guard offense with no true pg?

Don't get me wrong I'm all about bringing in the best possible talent in every class regardless of position. I'm just struggling to see why Carey would be considering a school that is stacked with underclassman at his position.

Good enough for fishjam, good enough for me. I trust the opinion of a few posters, and he is one of them.

Agreed. Remember what Fred Hill said when he first joined the staff , start winning and your recruiting will pick up.
I dont really buy that, and I submit our sr class as exhibit A, I submit dre, mte and eg as exhibit b, and the question marks pj was getting in his last class as exhibit c.

Most top kids want to play at consistently successful programs. We are not there yet, but on our way. Most good programs have more than 2 good guards.

Reactions: The SHUttle
I dont really buy that, and I submit our sr class as exhibit A, I submit dre, mte and eg as exhibit b, and the question marks pj was getting in his last class as exhibit c.

Our senior class was a class that falls under the category of "Let's make a deal";

Our senior class was a class that falls under the category of "Let's make a deal";
10 of the top 25 teams in the top class rankings did not make the NCAA Tourney last year, so much for the win and they will come argument, no?

10 of the top 25 teams in the top class rankings did not make the NCAA Tourney last year, so much for the win and they will come argument, no?

Not really. Recruiting is an inexact science. Also, you don't get a full picture of a top 25 class often times for years. If teams on that list make the tourney the next 2 years, is the class not succesful?

I would rather be able to recruit based on on court success than find those kids that want to build a program to success. You can do it, but selling tourney trips is easier in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT