ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Combine

So 69 invitations handed out - including the 3 invited but not attending - and 7 alternates.

No Delgado.

Wow, not even a mention.

Look, I love Angel, how could you not, He's done so much for the school. But to be truthful I don't see him playing at the next level re the NBA.

Still,to not even be mentioned for an invite? That is really surprising..

Reactions: mjs429
I want Angel in the NBA as much as the next person, but is there anything he can really improve on from a nba standpoint?

I believe his biggest weakness is his lack of athleticism. Can you really improve that in your senior year?

BTW - he should be the favorite for BE POY, right?

He needs more muscle and yes, I believe he can improve his offensive athleticism with more work.

You can work on agility and explosiveness. He won't transform, but it can be improved.

Reactions: Seton00
how abo
Wow, not even a mention.

Look, I love Angel, how could you not, He's done so much for the school. But to be truthful I don't see him playing at the next level re the NBA.

Still,to not even be mentioned for an invite? That is really surprising..
how about nigel hayes, bombed last yr not invited back

This isn't the final list. This is what's expected. Plus I read a second "combine" is being held too.

I think I remember they did this last year. It was a collection of teams that just held a mega workout with a group of players

He went to Kentucky. Pedigree. Tourney experience. Whatever biased reason you wanna use to justify your argument

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Angel too undersized to project as a nba 5 and not enough game to be a NBA 4.
sure he can't play center in the nba but he can be a rotation pf he has to turn his offensive weaknesses into strengths

He needs to AT LEAST continue to develop his midrange jumper and his passing.

Realistically, working on his ball handling and extending his range to the 3pt line probably doesn't hurt his chances of making the league either.

Definitely rooting for him

He needs to AT LEAST continue to develop his midrange jumper and his passing.

Realistically, working on his ball handling and extending his range to the 3pt line probably doesn't hurt his chances of making the league either.

Definitely rooting for him
from now until sept he should be working on face up range to 20 ft, post scoring over his right shoulder, calf muscle explosiveness

He needs more muscle and yes, I believe he can improve his offensive athleticism with more work.
I'll give you the athleticism part although I don't know how much he can improve it.. But more muscle? The kid is as strong as a bull. When we interview him after a game he looks like someone you could hit with a sledgehammer and he would laugh at you.

from now until sept he should be working on face up range to 20 ft, post scoring over his right shoulder, calf muscle explosiveness
My opinion FWIW...I don't want Angel touching the ball anywhere near 20 feet out. He should stay within 15 feet or so of the basket. He should continue to work on his footwork and left hand. That and be more consistent on his 12-15 foot jumper.

I'll let him pass a little on defense because I want him on the floor and not on the bench saddled with foul trouble.

Combine the above with what we already have and you're looking at one of the best college centers in the country.

Reactions: Bluebeard
I think his defensive ability at the next level was really exposed in the Arkansas game by a big who could step out and hit from the outside. Can he handle playing against the top 5's in the world? The 4's are too athletic for him.

I'm rooting for the kid...to come back and be an All-American, keep improving, then hopefully latching onto the right team if the NBA really is his goal. He has the making of a guy the Spurs could go after and use his skills while also improving his weaknesses.

I want Angel in the NBA as much as the next person, but is there anything he can really improve on from a nba standpoint?

I believe his biggest weakness is his lack of athleticism. Can you really improve that in your senior year?

BTW - he should be the favorite for BE POY, right?

Right now I think Brunson is the pre season POY
Doesn't mean he will get it

Both are good shouts. They're 1A & 1B. Bleuitt and Foster also return after making the 1st team.

My logic thinks Delgado gets it because he's the best player last year and would return as the same this year, whereas Brunson is now the man with Hart gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT