ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Tracker:

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
  • ESPN.com
Philadelphia and Boston got the offseason dealing started with a swap of top-three draft picks. Which other picks and players will be on the move? We've got a rundown of the latest trades throughout the league:

June 20: Hawks send Dwight Howard to Hornets

i

Atlanta Hawks get:
C Miles Plumlee
G Marco Belinelli
2017 No. 41 overall pick

i
Charlotte Hornets get:
C Dwight Howard
2017 No. 31 overall pick

Analysis:
June 20: Sources: Lakers send Russell to Nets, land Lopez

i

Los Angeles Lakers get:
C Brook Lopez
2017 No. 27 overall pick

i
Brooklyn Nets get:
G D'Angelo Russell
C Timofey Mozgov

Analysis:
June 19: Sixers, Celtics swap top-3 picks

i

Philadelphia 76ers get:
2017 No. 1 overall pick

i
Boston Celtics
get:
2017 No. 3 overall pick
2018 Los Angeles Lakers first-round pick if No. 2-5 (otherwise the Sacramento Kings' 2019 first-round pick or the Sixers' 2019 first-round pick, whichever is more favorable, unless it is the No. 1 pick, in which case Boston gets the less favorable pick)

Analysis:
More trade coverage
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19690874/trade-tracker-2017-latest-deals

This is definitely the most fun I can recall leading up to a draft. It's going to make Thursday "must see tv."

Yeah, it's been crazy.

Top picks traded (#1,3, high level pick 76ers gave to Boston)
Former all stars traded (Howard, Lopez)
Recent top picks from 2015 (DRussell) and possibly Okafor and KP and could also be on the move
Current All-stars...George, Butler, Love could all be on the move.

I feel like the Pacers have to trade George or he'll get booed at home games next year. Will probably either go to a team that thinks they can contend next year or the Lakers who just don't want to wait to sign him next summer.

Free agency and the draft have become for most fans the best thing about the NBA.

I know some will disagree with me but super teams are ruining the league for everyone but the followers of those teams.

Chasing rings has become the most important thing in the NBA for the superstars who don't need to worry about money with all their outside endorsements.

When the second best player in the league joins a team that won 73 games in the prior season you have a major issue. And when the best player hunts around the league continuously trying to form his own super teams that issue is exacerbated.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Warriors did it the way they were supposed to. What exactly do you want teams to do? Not be as good as they can be? You draft well and then get a key free agent.

I just hate durant for being an absolute cheese coward. Thats my only issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT