ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA basketball 2024-25 roster moves, transfers, recruits

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Seton Hall Pirates

Departed or expected to depart: Kadary Richmond (15.7 PPG), Al-Amir Dawes (15.0 PPG), Dre Davis (15.0 PPG), Dylan Addae-Wusu (8.6 PPG), Jaden Bediako (8.1 PPG), Elijah Hutchins-Everett (3.5 PPG), Jaquan Sanders (2.7 PPG), Malachi Brown (1.3 PPG), Arda Ozdogan (0.7 PPG), Sadraque NgaNga (1.1 PPG), JaQuan Harris

In limbo: None

Expected to return: Isaiah Coleman (5.4 PPG), David Tubek (0.8 PPG)

Incoming transfers: Scotty Middleton (4.4 PPG at Ohio State), Prince Aligbe (4.7 PPG at Boston College), Gus Yalden (redshirt at Wisconsin)

Incoming freshmen: Godswill Erheriene (four-star), Jahseem Felton (three-star)

Head coach: Shaheen Holloway

With all the discussion about who's out, who we got coming in, and who we think might still be coming in, I post this as a gesture of gratitude to Isiah Coleman and David Tubek, the only two scholarship players as of now returning next year. Not only is it a reflection on them and their dedication to Seton Hall, but validation from Coach Sha that they are valued members of the program. Welcome back!

Sha - time to give Coleman the keys! Kid has great athleticism and gets out into the open floor with ease. We are going to see some big time fast break dunks from him this year. Love his confidence in his 3 point shot and with a little ball handling improvement this kid has the looks of an all conference player

Reactions: mspaeth
Sha - time to give Coleman the keys! Kid has great athleticism and gets out into the open floor with ease. We are going to see some big time fast break dunks from him this year. Love his confidence in his 3 point shot and with a little ball handling improvement this kid has the looks of an all conference player
Fast break dunks are not an offense, and while I expect Coleman to be improved, handing the keys to a sophomore that was inconsistent as a freshman…be prepared for some struggles.

Reactions: shupat08
Coleman did hit several important 3s
What happened to our former walkon who was given a ship last year?

All 13 players were on scholarship last season below. The only walkon is #41, David Gabriel. He was not on scholarship.

resize

All 13 players were on scholarship last season below. The only walkon is #41, David Gabriel. He was not on scholarship.

resize
I wonder if Gabriel got some NIL $..... I mean, they all get something don't they? Just a taste, maybe? What about the other sports and NIL? This is too crazy for me.

I wonder if Gabriel got some NIL $..... I mean, they all get something don't they? Just a taste, maybe? What about the other sports and NIL? This is too crazy for me.
They are lucky that they get their name on the back of the jersey.

Fast break dunks are not an offense, and while I expect Coleman to be improved, handing the keys to a sophomore that was inconsistent as a freshman…be prepared for some struggles.
Fast breaks are just a part of his offense. He cuts to the basket, hit threes and makes great hustle plays like offensive rebounding and towards the end of the season showed a calm demeanor with improved ball handling. Who else is getting the keys? Wusu? Middleton?

Fast breaks are just a part of his offense. He cuts to the basket, hit threes and makes great hustle plays like offensive rebounding and towards the end of the season showed a calm demeanor with improved ball handling. Who else is getting the keys? Wusu? Middleton?
I love Coleman’s game, and he’s going to have a well deserved much bigger role but he’s got to improve a lot to be the leading scorer on a successful team. Let’s wait and see who else gets here.

Agreed on waiting to see who we fill the roster with. But one thing that is apparent - Coleman did not enter the transfer portal for a reason.

Sha got one of his best promising young players to stay. That comes with promises.

Coleman is going to be rewarded for his loyalty and receive opportunities based on both restraint in the previous season as a 6th man and potential for the future. Don’t be surprised if he elevates his game substantially.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Agreed on waiting to see who we fill the roster with. But one thing that is apparent - Coleman did not enter the transfer portal for a reason.

Sha got one of his best promising young players to stay. That comes with promises.

Coleman is going to be rewarded for his loyalty and receive opportunities based on both restraint in the previous season as a 6th man and potential for the future. Don’t be surprised if he elevates his game substantially.
Coleman will start and have a prominent role but right now (assuming Posh).

C-TBD/Gus Bus
PF-Prince/Tubek
SF-Wusu/Middleton
2G-Coleman
PG-Alexander/Felton

9 man rotation. If Scotty starts like finished last year, he may start over Wusu, but unlikely. Need that five.

Coleman will start and have a prominent role but right now (assuming Posh).

C-TBD/Gus Bus
PF-Prince/Tubek
SF-Wusu/Middleton
2G-Coleman
PG-Alexander/Felton

9 man rotation. If Scotty starts like finished last year, he may start over Wusu, but unlikely. Need that five.
Are we really assuming Posh? Lol

What a wild saga

Reactions: HALL85 and Halldan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT