ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA East Regional 2025

Bluebeard

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
In the 1980-90's season ticket holders were always offered tickets before the general public. Do we even get any priority or just have buy them like the general public.

In the 1980-90's season ticket holders were always offered tickets before the general public. Do we even get any priority or just have buy them like the general public.
In past years we hosted at Meadowlands and Rock season ticket holders usually received something a time of renewal /payment for NCAA tickets if interested. Since we have not seen anything as of now, I would say we are not going to get any special access.

Isn’t it only when we are the host team? I recall Ru being the host one year at Pru. And I make be mistaken but somewhere on the floor was a block R.

I had season tickets in 92 and 93. They were owned by a friend of a friend. The guy (a non shu fan from jc and bob hurley sr hater btw) kept the ncaa tickets. His friends lead the boos danny got from the second he stepped on the court.

I had season tickets in 92 and 93. They were owned by a friend of a friend. The guy (a non shu fan from jc and bob hurley sr hater btw) kept the ncaa tickets. His friends lead the boos danny got from the second he stepped on the court.
I sat upstairs first row those years in section 236 I have a feeling you were in section 125 as there were idiots screaming against Danny every game , most of the game. I never understood it.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I sat upstairs first row those years in section 236 I have a feeling you were in section 125 as there were idiots screaming against Danny every game , most of the game. I never understood it.
I dont remember the section number. We were across from our bench lower level. Gordie winchesters mom sat a few rows behind us. The first time dan stepped on the court they booed like crazy. Was told by my friend who knew them that they hated bob sr.

I dont remember the section number. We were across from our bench lower level. Gordie winchesters mom sat a few rows behind us. The first time dan stepped on the court they booed like crazy. Was told by my friend who knew them that they hated bob sr.
I was across from the bench, I’m sure it was the same guys.

Isn’t it only when we are the host team? I recall Ru being the host one year at Pru. And I make be mistaken but somewhere on the floor was a block R.
I think you are mistaken.

It’s only been in Newark once, and I got tickets.

I think you are mistaken.

It’s only been in Newark once, and I got tickets.
Seton Hall was the host school in 2011, the last (and only) time the Prudential Center was an NCAA Tournament site. I was able to purchase four in the lower bowl through the school.

As I recall, that was a Joe Quinlan get thanks to his time working for the NCAA.

RU often hosted the events at the Meadowlands but Seton Hall fans could usually get tickets through the school. I believe the last time the Meadowlands hosted was 2008 which was the year of the block R.

Reactions: metalpirate07
Seton Hall was the host school in 2011, the last (and only) time the Prudential Center was an NCAA Tournament site. I was able to purchase four in the lower bowl through the school.

As I recall, that was a Joe Quinlan get thanks to his time working for the NCAA.

RU often hosted the events at the Meadowlands but Seton Hall fans could usually get tickets through the school. I believe the last time the Meadowlands hosted was 2008 which was the year of the block R.

I believe the Rutgers host year was the 2007 East Regional (won by Georgetown) at the Meadowlands. I had season tickets in 2009-10 before I had to give them up for a few years for financial reasons, and since I was an STH that year (at the lowest tier as a recent grad, mind you) I got the opportunity to buy 2011 East Regional tickets at a highly discounted rate about a year in advance. Unfortunately, that weekend in March 2011 ended up being my cousin's wedding in Texas so I sold the tickets at face value to a friend who took his uncle and had an amazing time. That year was Jimmy Butler Marquette, Ohio State, and Kentucky at the East Regional I believe?
Then the NCAA got on their high horse about gambling and stopped hosting NCAA tournament events in NJ for every sport for about a decade until they got shredded by SCOTUS and sports betting was legalized everywhere so NJ was added back to the rotation. The NCAA was so petty about NJ trying to legalize AC Sports betting they even yanked a D3 lacrosse regional from Montclair State around the same time they blackballed Prudental Center.

In retrospect, the fact that I was able to buy NCAA Regional tickets in 2010 at the recent grad tier is amazing and would probably never happen today, and I'm sure if advance tickets are made available for Pirate STH's, it will be at the same Big Buck$ tiers that you have to be at to buy BET tickets through the school if not higher. Everything is paywalled to middle finger the fans who have the least, but this is far from exclusive to SHU and appears to be just the way of the sports world these days unfortunately.

I believe the Rutgers host year was the 2007 East Regional (won by Georgetown) at the Meadowlands. I had season tickets in 2009-10 before I had to give them up for a few years for financial reasons, and since I was an STH that year (at the lowest tier as a recent grad, mind you) I got the opportunity to buy 2011 East Regional tickets at a highly discounted rate about a year in advance. Unfortunately, that weekend in March 2011 ended up being my cousin's wedding in Texas so I sold the tickets at face value to a friend who took his uncle and had an amazing time. That year was Jimmy Butler Marquette, Ohio State, and Kentucky at the East Regional I believe?
Then the NCAA got on their high horse about gambling and stopped hosting NCAA tournament events in NJ for every sport for about a decade until they got shredded by SCOTUS and sports betting was legalized everywhere so NJ was added back to the rotation. The NCAA was so petty about NJ trying to legalize AC Sports betting they even yanked a D3 lacrosse regional from Montclair State around the same time they blackballed Prudental Center.

In retrospect, the fact that I was able to buy NCAA Regional tickets in 2010 at the recent grad tier is amazing and would probably never happen today, and I'm sure if advance tickets are made available for Pirate STH's, it will be at the same Big Buck$ tiers that you have to be at to buy BET tickets through the school if not higher. Everything is paywalled to middle finger the fans who have the least, but this is far from exclusive to SHU and appears to be just the way of the sports world these days unfortunately.
You're correct it was 2007. I remember not being able to go to the Sunday finals because I needed to be in Orlando on business starting Monday AM.

2011 was Marquette, OSU, Kentucky and UNC with UK beating UNC in the regional final.

Seton Hall is the host school.
Many years ago, there was a rule that if you were the host institution, you could not compete at that location. I don't know if it is the case now.

If it is the case, there would be incentive was incentive to make NJIT the host institution.

Many years ago, there was a rule that if you were the host institution, you could not compete at that location. I don't know if it is the case now.

If it is the case, there would be incentive was incentive to make NJIT the host institution.
The rule doesn’t have to do with who the host institution is, but is based on number of home games you play at the venue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT