ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Men’s Soccer Tournament question

SHUisNJsTeam

All World
Jan 2, 2005
Just checking the online bracket to see how things are going (Georgetown currently playing - 1-0 vs High Point) and noticed the American-Jacksonville game ended in a 3-3 tie. On the bracket, Jacksonville advances to play #1 seed Clemson. My question is, how the hell did they determine that? Why no sudden death or PK’s to determine a true winner?

Just checking the online bracket to see how things are going (Georgetown currently playing - 1-0 vs High Point) and noticed the American-Jacksonville game ended in a 3-3 tie. On the bracket, Jacksonville advances to play #1 seed Clemson. My question is, how the hell did they determine that? Why no sudden death or PK’s to determine a true winner?
box score says it went to PKs

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

Any game settled via PKs goes down as a tie

Possible games of interest...
Georgetown advances with a 2-0 win
Marquette currently in 0-0 OT with LMU
Locally Fordham knocked out by Marshall

Yeah, penalties are used to determine who advances, but they're not actually considered part of the match, which remains officially considered a draw.

Oregon State-Virginia Tech to OT tied 1-1. Pirates will face the winner if/when they advance tonight.

Watching on YouTube on my Roku tv. Go Hall!

playing better than AF so far but 0-0. AF waking up a little but weak in the midfield.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Seton hall getting chances but can’t convert yet. I hope it’s not one of those games where one team dominates but other scores with cheap goal.

If AF scores first it’ll be demoralizing. We are dominating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT