ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA vendetta against Seton Hall continues

Question for the board: Did anyone here actually cancel plans to attend or otherwise would have attended if the school offered tickets? (i.e. received an allotment)

The NCAA should have offered tickets to the four schools but is it actually even impacting anyone from Seton Hall? Or are we complaining for the sake of complaining?

Reactions: TheHall87
Not sure it's been brought up, but can someone explain why we are the late game? Doesn't it make more sense for the East teams play first so UTAH fans can actually watch their team? It's like a 4PM start time for their game.
ESPN as the TV partner likely has the choice to determine which games goes when. I'm sure they believe it's better for them to have Utah-Indiana State as the first game.

As it is we're probably talking fewer than one million viewers and no better than half that for ESPN2.

The horrible ticket situation and late tip on ESPN 2 vs earlier tip on ESPN is different than getting the 3 home games we deserved. They didn't have an option of not giving us the 1 seed... but I'm sure they tried.
So you actually believe that the Ncaa Folks sit in a room and plot on how to screw Seton Hall and the BE? One guy says, I have a great idea let's sell all the tickets and give them the late start time.

I believe we had one when Nyre first joined us with a $100 million goal. Again, let’s all look in the mirror and donate
😂😂😂😂😂 I must have missed the marketing on this one! Also, $100 million for a capital campaign for a university such as ours would be an embarrassingly low goal.

your view is a metaphor for our problem. Our alums don’t give and they blame the administration for not asking enough or the right way or any number of other excuses. You appreciate and want to support SHU? Give
Oh, and FYI, I do donate! If I waited for them to ask I would have saved a lot of money!

Reactions: HallX2
Mcdonalds games are also Tuesday espn is rights holder thus why the 2nd semi is on espn2

Agree with that, but you can't claim they are screwing you if you get what you deserve.
You don’t think Georgia and Utah deserved an allotment of tickets like SHU did as well? Point is, no team got what it deserved.

Every complaint isn’t always mindless bitching. But I guess it’s slow over there.

😂😂😂😂😂 I must have missed the marketing on this one! Also, $100 million for a capital campaign for a university such as ours would be an embarrassingly low goal.
i came across on Forbes a listing and ranking that measures on a 1-10 scale a number of elements of billionaires. Two that stick out were how self made were they and what was their philanthropy level. One with ties to us was 8 on the self made factor and 1 on philanthropy. Just interesting, that’s all.

Hinson as an RU poster tries so hard to kind of show some impartiality, but usually shows his true side. He hasn't posted here since their W and suddenly shows up to tell us we’re not being screwed even though all tickets went to Indiana state. Nice try, now go away.
Indiana state didn’t get an allocation either.

Nothing stopped SHU fans from buying early, before beating UNLV.

All 4 teams should have gotten an allotment.

Reactions: Bluebeard
So you actually believe that the Ncaa Folks sit in a room and plot on how to screw Seton Hall and the BE? One guy says, I have a great idea let's sell all the tickets and give them the late start time.
Yup. Q told me that it's true.

By the way, it's less about conspiracy theories than it is about incompetence. But you believe what you want, I guess.

You don’t think Georgia and Utah deserved an allotment of tickets like SHU did as well? Point is, no team got what it deserved.

Every complaint isn’t always mindless bitching. But I guess it’s slow over there.
Slow? Our entire roster is leaving. My point was, you deserved a #1 seed and got one. That comes with three home games. If there really was an anti SHU agenda you would not have received the top seed you deserved. As for the tickets, it just incompetence and not someone trying to screw Seton Hall.

Reactions: da0987 and shu09
Slow? Our entire roster is leaving. My point was, you deserved a #1 seed and got one. That comes with three home games. If there really was an anti SHU agenda you would not have received the top seed you deserved. As for the tickets, it just incompetence and not someone trying to screw Seton Hall.
I didn’t say there was an anti-SHU agenda. I said they did a terrible job allotting participating schools tickets. They didn’t.

Not once did I say they screwed SHU. I have never seen a tournament including holiday MTE where the participating schools didn’t have to pick up an allocation whether they had enough fans or not.

500 tickets could have been reLeased to each school and the other 7,000 sold general public. SHU received a handful of tickets for family. Same as Utah, ISU and Georgia.

They didn’t screw SHU. They screwed each school and ISU overcame it by jumping on tickets.

They didn't have a choice on the 1 seed. They had choices on about all the other decisions that seem to go against us. The NCAA never does us any favors... always seem to go the other way, in fact.

Maybe we should start a football team.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I didn’t say there was an anti-SHU agenda. I said they did a terrible job allotting participating schools tickets. They didn’t.

Not once did I say they screwed SHU. I have never seen a tournament including holiday MTE where the participating schools didn’t have to pick up an allocation whether they had enough fans or not.

500 tickets could have been reLeased to each school and the other 7,000 sold general public. SHU received a handful of tickets for family. Same as Utah, ISU and Georgia.

They didn’t screw SHU. They screwed each school and ISU overcame it by jumping on tickets.
I don’t think he was calling out you, but rather the title of the thread.

Seton Hall just got in a small allotment of tickets. Small enough that it probably only covers friends, family and major boosters.

The school isn't happy, obviously. But there is nothing they can do.
Get those "Seton Hall Against Everybody" shirts moving on Onward Setonia. That will jolt the coffers.

Reactions: HALL85 and TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT