ADVERTISEMENT

New Jersey star Jaiden Glover the latest St. John’s coup for Rick Pitino

Seven months later, the basketball world looks a lot different. After hearing what Pitino said about his current team and seeing how his friend Simeon Wilcher has been used this year, I wonder what Jaiden Glover is thinking today.

Seven months later, the basketball world looks a lot different. After hearing what Pitino said about his current team and seeing how his friend Simeon Wilcher has been used this year, I wonder what Jaiden Glover is thinking today.
When he brings in better recruits to replace the guys there now my guess will be thank you.

Pitino is human. Not someone you’d want marrying your sister but human. Every reason to think his best days are behind him. And what you saw in his presser is Pitino. He let his assistants take the fall at Louisville as if he didn’t know. So he gets a failure to supervise slap on the wrist.

Not a good guy.

Last edited:
Pitino is human. Not someone you’d want marrying your sister but human. Every reason to think his best days are behind him. And what you saw in his presser is Pitino. He let his assistants take the fall at Louisville as if he didn’t know. So he gets a failure to supervise slap on the wrist.

Not a good guy.
He can coach my team any day.

You’re missing the point. Glover will thank him for getting better players to play with.
Don’t think I missed the point. We’ll see how he does incorporating 8-9 new players with his unathletic core that he just shit on.

He’s a Hall of Fame coach. And maybe, just maybe, he’s slipping. Happens to the best of them, unless they retire a moment early.

I have to think that Pitino's stubborn side is getting the best of him. How about adapting to your current roster's talent skill until you get your kind of players. Soriano was 2nd team all big east last year & now all of a sudden he sucks? Dingle was Ivy League player of the year. RJ Lewis as A10 Rookie of the year. Time for Rick to look in the mirror. Based on the talent of his current roster, he failed miserably.

I think maybe SJU is a case study on how to do NIL wrong. You don't need 13 good players to have a good team. You just need one or two really good players and the right complementary pieces around them. It's not easy to ask guys like Dingle and Ledlum (who have been high usage scorers their whole careers) to become role player hustle guys overnight. Or to reduce Soriano's role in the offense. Or to completely bench a kid like Wilcher because he's behind a shooter who played a role for last year's national champ.

SJU has no clearly defined roles, rotations, chemistry, etc. It's just a bunch of good players hunting offense. Contrast that with Seton Hall -- a team with wayyyyyyy less talent -- it's pretty clear who our lead dogs are and what is expected of everyone else.

Your comment reminded so much of what a former SHU coach said about Pat Auda. We love him because he doesn't need the ball in his hands to make a major impact.

I remember what Herb Pope once said to me. Put Patrik on my team and we'll beat you. Put Patrik on the other team and they'll beat us.

Don’t think I missed the point. We’ll see how he does incorporating 8-9 new players with his unathletic core that he just shit on.

He’s a Hall of Fame coach. And maybe, just maybe, he’s slipping. Happens to the best of them, unless they retire a moment early.
He won’t. The unathletic core will be jettisoned.

You sound like a Pitino lackey. No surprise, since you routinely sh*t on our program, players and coaches.
Who do I crap on other than the former coach? Only player I’ve commented on has been Wusu.

I gave an accurate assessment. He plays hard, great energy on defense but an offensive nightmare. My criticism of Dawes early in the season was warranted. He was regularly throwing up wild 3’s on step backs. Since then he’s been sticking up catch and shoot or coming around a screen to take open looks. He’s been much better since doing that. He’s still terrible with double teams and turnovers but has been a big contributor to our success latter half of the season.

As far as Pitino, I’m not a lackey but would absolutely have him coach my team tomorrow. Love Sha but that’s a HOF coach who would bring 4&5 star talent to SHU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT