ADVERTISEMENT

New Setonian Article - Breakdown of Nyre Claims

Obviously a lot to be proven. But…beyond ugly.

And frankly, is it unbelievable?

I don’t think so…sadly.

Especially since Seton Hall is an old-school institution. Including making horrible business decisions to this day, as we can all attest…!

Seriously this sounds…awful
Well said….just awful and the fact that others were witnesses or potential parties to these claims is really a bad look.

On another related topic, who in their right mind would take the Presidents job given this alleged conduct?

And we pile on Pitino…people in glass houses?

Reactions: SHUMikechine
On another related topic, who in their right mind would take the President's job given this alleged conduct?
Not even a consideration. The list is long with many qualified candidates.

Well said….just awful and the fact that others were witnesses or potential parties to these claims is really a bad look.

On another related topic, who in their right mind would take the Presidents job given this alleged conduct?

And we pile on Pitino…people in glass houses?
As serious as Nyre's allegations are, they pale in comparison to Pitino's crimes, the worst of which involved murdering an innocent child to cover up his adultery. Need I mention him having full blown sex in public, something only mentally ill or demonically possessed persons do? Or his collaboration with a brothel to improve his recruiting?

If this lawsuit is true, Pitino is a saint compared to the Seton Hall BOR. This reads like typical NJ corruption. Hard to give money to a school run like this.

Reactions: SHURich
This is Nyre’s allegations. Unproven. Not subject to cross examination. Wait for the whole story to come out.

You can say anything in a complaint. It’s privileged. You can’t be sued if the allegations are untrue. Keep that in mind.

If this lawsuit is true, Pitino is a saint compared to the Seton Hall BOR. This reads like typical NJ corruption. Hard to give money to a school run like this.
A family member of mine has an FBI friend who said between New Jersey and Illinois, there is enough corruption to fill their workdays for ages to come. This story is all too fitting.

Not even a consideration. The list is long with many qualified candidates.
They are looking for a priest this time, which narrows the available pool greatly. The last two times they could not find a priest. Hopefully this long list of many qualified candidates has someone with a clue about fundraising along with experience at a P6 institution who isn’t just a yes man for the BOR.

They are looking for a priest this time, which narrows the available pool greatly. The last two times they could not find a priest. Hopefully this long list of many qualified candidates has someone with a clue about fundraising along with experience at a P6 institution who isn’t just a yes man for the BOR.
The last priest gave Dennis Kozlowski a free pass and hired Bobby. Well at least no one would be making passes at his wife. Not being a yes man … interesting.

The BORs and Nyre should be ashamed that this has gotten to this point. Neither Marino or the BORs or Nyre are doing what is best for SHU.
If Nyre’s claims are true, and from reading the lawsuit it would appear that there should be witnesses and paper trails available, how is Nyre at fault? Seems the university let a member of the BOR bully everyone with no repercussions whatsoever. Should Nyre just look the other way to protect the university if his wife is being sexually harassed!? I don’t think so.

Reactions: SHURich
The interim president has been very capable. The priest pool is slim for qualified candidates and they are looking there first. A professional president is the most important qualification whether a priest or a lay person.

Hilarious thread:

Things change. And not always for the good.

Nothing is ever cast in stone and a good hire, one that I truly believed in years ago has taken on a far different look.

I always try to put the best foot forward when dealing with the school, And the one expertise that Nyre had was his ability to fund raise. That never changed.

That said, there was a power struggle between Marino (who BTW has donated $1M to the school) and Nyre. I would urge everyone who feels the need to take sides without any info to wait and see how this plays out. Too many are shooting first and asking questions later. That's never a good tact.

As I have told you often in the past, exhibit patience and you might like what transpires.

Regardless of how many sides there are too many people with nothing but a written article or two are taking sides with very little information.

I obviously will hope that Marino and SHU come out on top. But I also understand that I have nowhere near enough info to state emphatically that will happen.

Thus I will wait for more details.

Regardless of how many sides there are too many people with nothing but a written article or two are taking sides with very little information.

I obviously will hope that Marino and SHU come out on top. But I also understand that I have nowhere near enough info to state emphatically that will happen.

Thus I will wait for more details.
The complete lawsuit is available online as well. That’s what I’m basing my thoughts on at this point as well as the article with Marino’s reaction (both are in these threads somewhere but I will repost them here if it helps).

Have you read the lawsuit? It ain’t painting a pretty picture of the BOR. However, like SPK says, there are three sides to every story.

Anyone can file a lawsuit as Nyre did. Just as anyone can post a rebuttal, as Marino did.

Neither you or I or privacy to any factual details so I think it prudent to wait to see how this all plays out as opposed to jumping to conclusions.

Seems the BOR may need a major overhaul after this.
Why do you believe the allegations? It alleges toxic stuff I’ll grant you that but it is also loaded with petty complaints. For his tenure to go off the rails in such a relatively short timeframe tells you he played a part in the fiasco.

Nope. The candidates are all in. SHU (unknown by me at the time) settled for the last two presidents. They will not settle again when choosing the next leader of the University.

Anyone can file a lawsuit as Nyre did. Just as anyone can post a rebuttal, as Marino did.

Neither you or I or privacy to any factual details so I think it prudent to wait to see how this all plays out as opposed to jumping to conclusions.
This is true, of course, and important to remember. I'm certainly interested in seeing how it plays out before digging my heels in on it.

But as we consume the initial messaging being proffered by both sides, it is fair to notice when one side comes off as more credible than the other, especially when it appears to be by a lot.

Nope. The candidates are all in. SHU (unknown by me at the time) settled for the last two presidents. They will not settle again when choosing the next leader of the University.
Dan, no offense, but until a candidate accepts the position, they are not “in”. That’s what an executive search process is all about.

Done this enough to see candidates kick the tires and turn down the job because of stuff like this at the last minute.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Dan, no offense, but until a candidate accepts the position, they are not “in”. That’s what an executive search process is all about.

Done this enough to see candidates kick the tires and turn down the job because of stuff like this at the last minute.
I say this without bravado but maybe I know more than you at this point from my connections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT