ADVERTISEMENT

Next 5 games

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
no brainer the next 5 games present an opportunity to make or brake the season. Gotta think we wont win them all or lose them all. what is everyone feeling? im guessing we go 2-3, which imo is a good result considering the competition. think our turnovers will catch up for a few games.

5-0: im dreaming, talking about tournament lock and what seeding we would be
4-1: still dreaming and setting yourself and strong tournament resume for an 8/9 seed (at the moment)
3-2: great result and and will likely see us on every mock bracket
2-3: still a good result imo and stay on the same trajectory
1-4: this will be disappointing and set the team up for must win situations ahead.
0-5: lost all momentum

Reactions: TomD82
I have no expectation to go 5-0. If they did that would be 9 in a row and we’d be a top 10 team and one of the hottest in the country. Just go 1-0 in next game. Hopefully Sha is preaching that games 2,3,4,5 won’t matter is we don’t win game 1.

St. John's and Creighton at home is a tough stretch. Creighton is another team that has owned us of late and you can rest assured Pitino's hair will be on fire for that game Tuesday night.

Reactions: SHUSA
St Johns just had a good look and multiple follow-up chances to win at the end. Looks like a foul should have been called on the final attempt which would have given them the chance to tie or win. But end of game whistles during end of game scrambles like that do often get swallowed.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Going 3-2 over the next 5 is a must. Anything over that and we’re sitting in the 15-20 range of the top 25

Reactions: Piratz
St Johns just had a good look and multiple follow-up chances to win at the end. Looks like a foul should have been called on the final attempt which would have given them the chance to tie or win. But end of game whistles during end of game scrambles like that do often get swallowed.
fantastic lol. thats like the one result that would have pitinos team coming out at 150% on tuesday

fantastic lol. thats like the one result that would have pitinos team coming out at 150% on tuesday
I’m just thankful that the scheduling Gods gave st John’s a road game today for the short turn around on Tuesday.

I’m just thankful that the scheduling Gods gave st John’s a road game today for the short turn around on Tuesday.
omaha is the farthest travel i believe. something tells me neither coach is coming in with excuses, but looking at this is a major opportunity. and when going through the schedule i realize whats always been in plain sight, this conference has a ton of great coaches.

Skies the limit, let's focus on the St. John's matchup, like other's have stated, one game at a time! I want this Johnnies game bad!
Send slick rick back to Queens with his tail between his legs!
:cool:

Reactions: catholicman
We certainly wouldn’t have gotten that call.

no brainer the next 5 games present an opportunity to make or brake the season. Gotta think we wont win them all or lose them all. what is everyone feeling? im guessing we go 2-3, which imo is a good result considering the competition. think our turnovers will catch up for a few games.

4-1: still dreaming and setting yourself and strong tournament resume for an 8/9 seed (at the moment)
1-4: this will be disappointing and set the team up for must win situations ahead.
Like 3-2 ! Anything more would be great!

Like 3-2 ! Anything more would be great!
providence looks down bad since hopkins went down. cant count any chickens, but if we win one it would be this.

where does the third win come from? SJU and #22 creighton at home. those teams see to be pretty much playing the same right now. Marquette on the road?

This game is the ultimate acid test for the theory that Seton Hall owns St. John's on this side of the Hudson. That has happened most of the time this century, as @dehere23 and I have mentioned over the years. Now SJU has Pitino but SH is the hottest team in the league and in first place. Should be fun.

Reactions: Piratz
This game is the ultimate acid test for the theory that Seton Hall owns St. John's on this side of the Hudson. That has happened most of the time this century, as @dehere23 and I have mentioned over the years. Now SJU has Pitino but SH is the hottest team in the league and in first place. Should be fun.
That ownership did include the one controversial game with the late out of bounds screw up and Shavar Reynolds heroics.

That was some environment.

Reactions: TheHall87
That ownership did include the one controversial game with the late out of bounds screw up and Shavar Reynolds heroics.

That was some environment.
Even so, we were up most of that game by double digits I believe.

The game at Walsh during Covid was a different story.

Even so, we were up most of that game by double digits I believe.

The game at Walsh during Covid was a different story.
Let’s not talk about Walsh.

Yeah, we were up in that game. It was super exciting. That ending fiasco was nuts but only got us the chance. Shavar freaken Reynolds still had to hit that shot.

Imagine they won both home games this week? Seton Hall would be 7-1 and already have posted wins over Connecticut, Marquette, Creighton, and St. John's. 👀

Free throws. Keep hitting those free throws and tight losses turn into wins. Whatever Sha did this offseason to change the fundamentals culture has already paid massive dividends. If we don’t shoot a high percentage from the line, we don’t win these games. Simple as that.

Next two will be a test for Jaden and EHE, facing Kalkbrenner and Soriano, two of the best 5’s in the BE. If Sha sticks with no-help tactic they will have to play well positioned D.

Last edited:
Next two will be a test for Jaden and EHE, facing Kalkbrenner and Soriano, two of the best 5’s in the BE.
seems like hes always in a battle vs a competent big. Ighadaro, Oduro, karaban, clingan, all could have been matchup nightmares and bediako/ehe have hung in there

Reactions: LBP43
Next two will be a test for Jaden and EHE, facing Kalkbrenner and Soriano, two of the best 5’s in the BE.
I hope we can get Tubek
seems like hes always in a battle vs a competent big. Ighadaro, Oduro, karaban, clingan, all could have been matchup nightmares and bediako/ehe have hung in there
Would love to have Tubek available as well.

I feel like Creighton has embarrassed us more than once in recent years (I don't have the memory many on this board so for particular games and outcomes). Something I've liked from this current run is that we're beating teams that play different styles, not just getting wins against a category of teams where we match up well. Taking down Creighton would continue that diversity.

scratch 1-4: dissappointing off the list and this stretch is already positive in my opinion. i dont think we'll end the season #1 in the big east and are gonna lose our share. but losing any of the next 3 wont hurt us in the long run.

and win one of the next 3? gotta think were on everyones mock bracket at that point.

Reactions: Fatpirate21
scratch 1-4: dissappointing off the list and this stretch is already positive in my opinion. i dont think we'll end the season #1 in the big east and are gonna lose our share. but losing any of the next 3 wont hurt us in the long run.

and win one of the next 3? gotta think were on everyones mock bracket at that point.

No letdowns, especially at home. We've already beaten 3 of the top 5/6 teams in the league at home. Another visits our house on Saturday. Send them home with a L. To win a conference title, you must protect home court against teams you're better than, and sprinkle in upsets over some of the big dogs. Seton Hall is following that formula so far.

Kadary EASILY could’ve been called for an offensive foul at the end of our game today on his layup to seal the game, but no whistle was blown. Stop with the refs nonsense
I’m not complaining, just explaining. There is zero chance that end of game last shot we are getting a call to put us on the line to win the game. ZERO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT