ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year Lets Play Big boy basketball

HallBall02

All World
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
We need players to play in their best position. Watching other teams 3's being taller and or stronger than our 4s and their 4s being taller and or stronger than our 5s all year....it has really stood out how our team is not in a position to win against top tier big east teams.

GUARDs: Should be interchangeable and must be able to dribble under pressure and get respect shooting the jumper. This is set barring unforeseen departures. GIbbs, Carrington, Whitehead only play 1 and 2 guard spots the entire season. No whitehead or Carrington at 3 please!

WING: Must be able to dribble a little and shoot well from outside or be able to dribble a little to slash in paint and score, quick enough to guard a quick 3, tall enough to rebound. Desi, Singh, play 3 spot. Desi at 3 is a no brainier to me, he already dribbles better than Fu Edwin. No business playing 4 in the big east. Need to prepare him to play quicker on D next year.

POWER FORWARD: Delgado, Nzei , Anthony play the 4 spot. Unless Anthony gains a ton of weight and muscles, he gets out muscled against 5s and not tall enough to get rebounds against tall lanky 4s. I like Anthony's effort but he is no 5.

CENTER: Ajou plays the 5 unless we get another center....ONLY center on team. If he is our only center he better play and play well bc playing delgado at the 5 is such a waste of his talent, much like playing whitehead at 3. We need a big center juco, transfer, foreigner, to slide the players to their rightful positions for next year. It's on Willard to realize this and spend all his recruiting hours to fill this hole. Delgado can play a little 5 but not the majority of time. We need a big 5 (or at least a big strong 4 delgados size) to get 10 to 20 minutes next year or we will be wasting our talent.

Where does Soffer and Ish play? These two guys are questionable and hopefully willard will tell them early so they can get a true postion. Soffer maybe a 3 if he bulks up or a 2 if he gets quicker and better at dribbling. ish is between a 3 and 4 so it all depends on offseason and what he does, I think playing the 3 would be ideal if he gets better at dribbling but he may slide to 4 if he bulks up.

You guys agree?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT