ADVERTISEMENT

NIL: Poll 2

Would you be more inclined to support NIL if Hall Ball and Hall Hands on Deck were working together?

• Yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MontclairPirate

Gold Member
May 21, 2014
The founding members of Hall Hands on Deck (HHOD) will be meeting with Mike McBride, to see how Hall Ball Events and Hall Hands on Deck can work together in support of NIL, coach Sha and our athletes. We're hoping to build a unified framework that maximizes the support of our fans, alumni and the entire Seton Hall community. In preparation for our meeting, we're seeking your responses to our poll. We appreciate your feedback!

Not sure why there are negative votes. Unless they are coming from those that simply will not support any form of NIL. Would be very curious to see responses.

Not sure why there are negative votes. Unless they are coming from those that simply will not support any form of NIL. Would be very curious to see responses.
Wouldn’t you think that answers your question? The way the question is worded, if you’re not inclined to pay players, would merging the efforts impact your decision?

Reactions: shu09
That would be the obvious answer for most. But I'm sure there are some things that are not obvious and that was the reason for the poll. To get feedback to see if anything can be improved upon.

Voted yes to help make the case, because I do think it's in Seton Hall's best interest for them to work together, but I think the benefit lies elsewhere. I can't imagine many people are aware of both but choose to donate to neither just because they aren't working together.

Reactions: walshtrips
After the meeting between Mike McBride and Mike Walsh, which I hope goes well, we are going to interview them as well as Mike Frungillo to

1. Get the word out.

and

2. To answer any questions our readers might have.

Before the interviews I will have a thread dedicated to questions from our readers.

Reactions: walshtrips
No answer could be that you won't donate either way, or you will continue to donate as you have. Yes - is the more important gauge as there's no ambiguity. Yes - is clear support for a unified front.

Or, people would be more inclined to give if the university recognized HHOD instead of going the good ‘ol boys route they typically take. The university needs to appreciate, respect and recognize the efforts of walshtrips and his HHOD team. They know what they are doing.

The camp scheduling by Hall Ball really makes me question if they actually know what they are doing when something that simple and obvious was botched up. You don’t schedule a camp for dates and times when half of your target audience is still in school. That was a big turn off for me regarding Hall Ball.

Just a side note but has anyone heard anything about Jcalz efforts? I know he was trying to do something but just no idea what exactly.

Or, people would be more inclined to give if the university recognized HHOD instead of going the good ‘ol boys route they typically take. The university needs to appreciate, respect and recognize the efforts of walshtrips and his HHOD team. They know what they are doing.
I'd love to work with Jcalz, Hall Ball should feel the same. Perhaps everything will be clearer come August, I hope so.

The camp scheduling by Hall Ball really makes me question if they actually know what they are doing when something that simple and obvious was botched up. You don’t schedule a camp for dates and times when half of your target audience is still in school. That was a big turn off for me regarding Hall Ball.

Just a side note but has anyone heard anything about Jcalz efforts? I know he was trying to do something but just no idea what exactly.
SHU is great at “not moving” as one project is hung up in legal.

Reactions: thehall07

Vote NO if you're equally inclined to support Hall Hands whether they partner or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT