ADVERTISEMENT

NIL

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
The next month is going to be very telling to see what progress we have made on the NIL front as well as how the past few years contiue to hurt us.

It was reported on Hallline last night from the caller Jeff from Point Pleasant that Dre and Kadary are asking for 500k to stay for a 5th year.

Someone else, reported that Wusu is planning on staying but no $$ discussed. Would expect that we need to pay Coleman some to stay as well. Not sure how many others we would be worrying about based on lack of playing time this year of the others.

I will say this again that the past continues to haunt us and if McBride does not have a magic fix and a bucket of $$$ then we will be looking to replace Sha in 2 years.

Reactions: ironlung75
Someone stated Richmond gonna go to st J with big cliff. Rumors of course but have to come from somewhere

St Johns allegedly is getting Cliff O from RU as well. Going after the local guys and offering major money -

Saw recent post that KR is getting 750k from St. Johns! Crazy and could explain his what appeared to be lack of intensity last night. I also heard that KR mid season couple game absense was not completetly related to an injury vs renogiating tactic !

Reactions: garyshu71
It was reported on Hallline last night from the caller Jeff from Point Pleasant that Dre and Kadary are asking for 500k to stay for a 5th year.
I think the proper way to say this is "Some dude on HallLine, who has no known reputation nor established credibility, and who does not work in journalism, says that Dre and Kadary are asking for $500K to stay for a fifth year."

"Reported" implies knowledge and an established track record of conveying fresh, well-sourced, and accurate information. Not some guy calling a college radio talk show.

The next month is going to be very telling to see what progress we have made on the NIL front as well as how the past few years contiue to hurt us.

SOmeone else, reported that Wasu is planning on staying but no $$ discussed. Would expect that we need to pay Coleman some to stay as well. Not sure how many others we would be worrying about based on lack of playing time this year of the others.

I will say this again that the past continues to haunt us and if McBride does not have a magic fix and a bucket of $$$ then we will be looking to replace Sha in 2 years.
Quoting Hall Line callers on anything, let alone on NIL isn’t exactly reliable.

The only thing that’s clear is the amount of $$$ guys anywhere are paid is generally overstated.

Someone else, reported that Wusu is planning on staying but no $$ discussed. Would expect that we need to pay Coleman some to stay as well. Not sure how many others we would be worrying about based on lack of playing time this year of the others.

$1M on 2 players? What are we, UNC?

I think the proper way to say this is "Some dude on HallLine, who has no known reputation nor established credibility, and who does not work in journalism, says that Dre and Kadary are asking for $500K to stay for a fifth year."

"Reported" implies knowledge and an established track record of conveying fresh, well-sourced, and accurate information. Not some guy calling a college radio talk show.
Jeff is a very connnected alumni

No one makes more than $100K now. That would be quite a raise. Is he connected enough to know that?
no one on our team makess more that 100k and that is the problem -- Sha didnt have the funds to offer more, hopefully our leadership group has fixed this . otherwise we will say goodbye to Sha and hello to Grant (who was sitting courside last night)

no one on our team makess more that 100k and that is the problem -- Sha didnt have the funds to offer more, hopefully our leadership group has fixed this . otherwise we will say goodbye to Sha and hello to Grant (who was sitting courside last night)
How much did you give? That is rhetorical rather than aimed at you.

Reactions: setonball46
Multi-billionaire Mike Repole is going to be pumping tons (I mean tons of $$$) into SJU Nil in the next few years.

His joint venture into sports apparel with the acquisition of Tom Brady’s NoBull line could not have come at a better time for Pitino, who is very close with Repole through horse racing. Pitino also has many Big time Wall Street and Horse Racing buddies (Robert LaPenta was instrumental in getting him to Iona) who are backing him with a lot of loot.

St. John’s is on precipice of becoming a major player in NIL.

They don’t put some kind of NIL salary cap in place college sports is going to be land of have and have nots in a way never seen before.

Personally a salary cap will never hold up in court so they will need to think of something else before sports as we know it collapses

Boggles my mind how SHU has nobody successful like this in our history aside from those in jail

Reactions: Gohall129
But no one making more than $100K is probably much more common than you think.

Reactions: williaza01
St Johns allegedly is getting Cliff O from RU as well. Going after the local guys and offering major money -

Saw recent post that KR is getting 750k from St. Johns! Crazy and could explain his what appeared to be lack of intensity last night. I also heard that KR mid season couple game absense was not completetly related to an injury vs renogiating tactic !
Ridiculous.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I don't believe most everything out there on NIL, what a school has, what a player wants, what a player gets, and the like.

Every program is going to claim to be "NIL poor" to get more donors from their fans, as absurd as that is conceptually. And to use NIL as to why they don't get kids.

How many of you have taken less $ to stay at a job for a different reason? Culture. Relationships. Better for your career long term. Etc. No reason to think the same logic doesn't apply here. Some kids may take the highest offer, but some will no doubt take less to play for a coach or program they think is a better fit and will benefit them more long term.

Reactions: IronKaz1
Multi-billionaire Mike Repole is going to be pumping tons (I mean tons of $$$) into SJU Nil in the next few years.

His joint venture into sports apparel with the acquisition of Tom Brady’s NoBull line could not have come at a better time for Pitino, who is very close with Repole through horse racing. Pitino also has many Big time Wall Street and Horse Racing buddies (Robert LaPenta was instrumental in getting him to Iona) who are backing him with a lot of loot.

They don’t put some kind of NIL salary cap in place college sports is going to be land of have and have nots in a way never seen before.

Personally a salary cap will never hold up in court so they will need to think of something else before sports as we know it collapses
I think the powers to be like the idea of “haves and have nots”

Think college football. All of what. A dozen schools that have a realistic shot at a championship…and I mean, virtually the same dozen, give or take one or two, every year.

They will kill the golden goose of March Madness

Reactions: Section112
To add look at the Twitter (X) accounts of Dingle and Luis Jr. Every message ends with
#NoBull

They are getting paid to do that

Look…it’s important the rank and file donate…I’m in…but without a “whale” or 2, we’re never going to compete. At least not under todays rules…or lack thereof.

Someone big…and I mean huge…where money doesn’t matter to him/her…had to step up.

I don't believe most everything out there on NIL, what a school has, what a player wants, what a player gets, and the like.

Every program is going to claim to be "NIL poor" to get more donors from their fans, as absurd as that is conceptually. And to use NIL as to why they don't get kids.

How many of you have taken less $ to stay at a job for a different reason? Culture. Relationships. Better for your career long term. Etc. No reason to think the same logic doesn't apply here. Some kids may take the highest offer, but some will no doubt take less to play for a coach or program they think is a better fit and will benefit them more long term.
The irony is that this really applies to Richmond. He has a unique character and has found a situation where he is seemingly comfortable and a coach who can push the right buttons. I wonder if he will be able to find a similar environment for one year,

Reactions: SHallguy2
The irony is that this really applies to Richmond. He has a unique character and has found a situation where he is seemingly comfortable and a coach who can push the right buttons. I wonder if he will be able to find a similar environment for one year,
And even Sha can’t get him motivated 100% of the time. I’m curious to see if his next coach can figure him out.

Seton Hall needs to set up our own rules for NIL money. Raised NIL money should go into an account and then shared by issuing shares. Full shares to players over 30 minutes played, 3/4 share to players playing 25-30 minutes, 1/2 share to players 15-25 minutes and 1/4 share to the rest of the team. Any money left in the pool end of year should be issued for making a tournament and also for rewarding players who stick around for 4 years. Of course, any money a player can get himself goes directly to him but pooled raised money should follow a set of by laws. Don’t make the tournament and the pool of money left over grows and goes into the pot for the following year. This concept would encourage kids to stay longer and also encourage the concept of TEAM. Only kids who buy into team approach would come to play for us. We would not get big name kids but hey we aren’t getting them anyway. Need to think out of the box.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Money doesn’t buy winners. Just ask Kentucky and probably Rutgers next year.

And Richmond stated in an article last month - he loves Seton Hall and it’s the perfect place for him.

And Richmond stated in an article last month - he loves Seton Hall and it’s the perfect place for him.
Worst thing we can do for the future of our program is chase guys like Richmond. Don’t get me wrong love watching him play and don’t fault him for moving on…We need a plan for our future that doesn’t involve chasing our tail. Need players who buy into a program with payouts for success and loyalty. Will we lose some guys yes but the reward for guys who stay will only be greater based on my idea for shared equity in previous post.

I just wonder if we would be discussing the “evils “ of NIL if we had those deep pocket alumni that made made us able to compete for and or retain players where money is no object.

I have heard these numbers for the big three from another place and I consider him mostly reliable. Of course that is the ask and we don't know what they would settle for. St. Johns will certainly garner more interest from various star players by letting it be known that they are flush with cash. SHU alum Kurtz has $4 billion. Sad to say, he likes cars and car racing more than MCBB.

I have heard these numbers for the big three from another place and I consider him mostly reliable. Of course that is the ask and we don't know what they would settle for. St. Johns will certainly garner more interest from various star players by letting it be known that they are flush with cash. SHU alum Kurtz has $4 billion. Sad to say, he likes cars and car racing more than MCBB.
Just because someone is filthy rich doesn't mean it is mandatory to donate to NIL. As you alluded to sounds like he has different interests. I always think it is funny when people say so and so is worth X amount he MUST give milions to this or millions to that. I am NOT telling anyone how to spend their money

Reactions: HALL85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT