ADVERTISEMENT

NIT final four to be held at Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse in 2025

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NIT will hold the semifinals and championship of its postseason tournament next spring in Butler's Hinkle Fieldhouse for the second straight year.

The 2025 semifinals will take place April 1, with the championship following two days later. Friday's announcement comes as Indianapolis is set to host the Division I, II and III men's title games as well as the NIT semifinals and final in 2026.

The NIT will feature a 32-team field, with the first three rounds played at campus sites.

The 2024 NIT semifinals and title game at Hinkle were sellouts with more than 9,000 in attendance.

The NIT also has added former St. Joseph's men's basketball coach Phil Martelli and Conference USA associate commissioner for basketball Clifton Douglass to its committee that selects the field.

• Love
Reactions: SHUSource
Hopefully we’ll be playing in the NCAA National Championship next season but hopefully whoever makes the NIT Championship gets a fair shot at the tickets instead of the nonsense we went through.

Reactions: Halldan1
If there's no team from Indiana in the NIT Final Four, it won't matter when and how tickets are distributed.

The NIT's (NCAA's) failing was not ensuring each participant had an allotment of 500-1.000 tickets beforehand.

Reactions: Seton75
I think it would take a very unique set of circumstances for us to qualify for NIT going forward.

On average BigEast gets 5 teams into the NCAA, and now the BigEast is obligated to send two teams to Fox’s Vegas tournament. So in most years the 8th place BigEast team will be the first eligible team for the NIT.

Yes and that’s a pretty basic failure
Agreed. But I speak from experience that even that might have been overestimating demand in general.

I can't tell you the number of times my friends and I were able to buy tickets to the NIT Finals from fans of the participating schools for next to nothing. One year an Oklahoma fan gave us two courtside mid court tickets at MSG just to get rid of them.

I've sat within a few rows of the floor for more NIT Finals games than I have Seton Hall games in more than 35 years of going to college basketball games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT