ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Wednesday night historic Walsh gym vs St Joes

In most years you’d say let the younger guys play.. but what undergrads? Can’t imagine our seniors will play, maybe Wusu.

Pitino already said no to the NIT… with NIL and the transfer portal the NIT is all but finished. Same with football bowl games. Say goodbye to college athletics

I'll play devil's advocate. If you are a player why not play. Yould could showcase your talent on national tv for an overseas deal or a better NIL situation.

Hard to see us winning this game. A real lose lose. But saying no is not good. But I agree that the NIT is cooked. Put a fork in it going forward.

I'll play devil's advocate. If you are a player why not play. Yould could showcase your talent on national tv for an overseas deal or a better NIL situation.
Disagree Burnsly with you on this one. They had their chance to showcase at MSG last week. They could possibly get hurt too.

Reactions: catholicman
I will be very surprised if our team is interested in this game. Definitely feels like something Sha pushed for

Reactions: catholicman
They gave the Hall about 10 seconds on the announcement of #1 seed. It was all about how if we don't come ready to play, St Joe's will thump us.
NIT is just another near occasion of humiliation. After the demoralization of not being selected for the NCAA tournament, it will be hard for the team to be up for this game. They had better play with some pride and punish every opponent. But if we had hard time showing up for St John's in an electric Madison Square Garden, then how in tarnation are we going to show up for this????

Saint Joe's gets up and down the court, tries to play fast and will shoot a lot of 3's. They also have a talented big, should be a fun game.

A10 teams usually fired up to play Big East teams so I hope we are good to go.

With all the tape on these kids in big games, and individual workouts to follow, I don’t see how playing a game or few games does anything there.

Disagree Burnsly with you on this one. They had their chance to showcase at MSG last week. They could possibly get hurt too.

Game was on FS1 at 2:30 in the afternoon on Thursday. Major missed opportunities were the Fox games at Nova & UConn. Hardly anyone outside of the BE watches our games on Fox sports Network, including the committee.

No D1 basketball player worries about getting hurt unless they are already nursing an injury. Football is another story.

I understand everyone's frustration at not making the dance but I for one am looking forward to extending the season. I'm betting the competitive juices of the players will have them in a positive frame of mind unlike some of the posters here.

It’s the same thing as the non-CFP bowl games in CFB. What’s the point? The games don’t matter.

Better to just call it a year and move on.

Game was on FS1 at 2:30 in the afternoon on Thursday. Major missed opportunities were the Fox games at Nova & UConn. Hardly anyone outside of the BE watches our games on Fox sports Network, including the committee.

No D1 basketball player worries about getting hurt unless they are already nursing an injury. Football is another story.
Maybe in the past they didn’t. But their “advisors” are telling them not up jeopardize nil deals for next season.
I understand everyone's frustration at not making the dance but I for one am looking forward to extending the season. I'm betting the competitive juices of the players will have them in a positive frame of mind unlike some of the posters here.
i hope we do Wednesday night what we’ve only done once since 1953: win an NIT game

Seton Hall Draws No. 1 Seed In NIT, Will Host Saint Joe's At Walsh Gym​

resize

South Orange, N.J. - For the seventh time in the last eight postseasons contested, the Seton Hall men's basketball team will be playing in a national postseason tournament as the Pirates will host Saint Joseph's at 7 p.m. on March 20 inside historic Walsh Gymnasium. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

The Pirates (20-12) will be competing in the NIT for the 19th time in program history. Shaheen Holloway is the only head coach in Seton Hall history to lead the Pirates to the postseason in his first two seasons.

Picked to finish ninth in the BIG EAST preseason poll by the league's head coaches, second-year head coach Shaheen Holloway led his alma mater to a 13-7 record in BIG EAST play — tied for the second-most BIG EAST wins in program history — and a fourth-place finish in the league standings. Holloway now holds program records for most wins and most BIG EAST victories by a Seton Hall head coach through his first two seasons.

After starting the season 5-4, Seton Hall won eight of its next nine games including wins over Missouri, No. 5 UConn, No. 23 Providence, No. 7 Marquette, Butler and St. John's. The Pirates would go on a slight three-game skid before winning seven of their next 10 games to end the regular season. Seton Hall

Seton Hall is the 11th-most experienced team in the nation according to KenPom as the Pirates start four seniors and one graduate student. The Pirates' power trio made up of first-team All-BIG EAST selection Kadary Richmond (Brooklyn, N.Y.), Al-Amir Dawes (Newark, N.J.) and Dre Davis (Indianapolis Ind.) have been the catalyst all season long. That trio along with Dylan Addae-Wusu (Bronx, N.Y.) have all scored 1,000 points in their college careers. Jaden Bediako (Brampton, Ontario) ranks second in the BIG EAST and 11th nationally averaging 3.8 offensive rebounds per game.

Seton Hall men's basketball season ticket holders have priority access to purchase tickets and will receive a link by email Sunday night. Season ticket holders can also call (973) 275-4255 or visit the Regan Center ticket office on Monday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tickets are $20 per seat. Any remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public Monday at 5 p.m. All tickets purchased online or by phone will be held at will call on gameday.

Student season ticket holders will receive priority access to a free ticket to the game beginning Sunday night until 5 p.m., on Monday. Student season ticket holders must register for the free ticket using a link that will be sent to their student.shu.edu email Sunday night, and requests will be filled in the order that they are received. Student season ticket holders will then be instructed to pick up their physical ticket to the game at the front desk of the Regan Center beginning Wednesday at noon. Any student tickets remaining after season ticket holder priority access will then be available to all students first-come, first-serve at the front desk of the Regan Center beginning Wednesday at noon.

Well, sometimes general soreness can tank a season.

Sure hope the students don't do what they usually do. Sign up for as many tickets as they can get and then don't show up blocking people who want to be there.

Personally the Pirates and the Big East got screwed. 3 teams in the Dance from the second ranked conference in the country is a joke. But that doesn't mean we should not support the team. I would be there in a heartbeat if not for my surgery so I will be in front of my TV Wed rooting as if I was at the game.

That would prove we are the 69th best team in the country.
To the contrary. If we go out and win the NIT and some NCAA 7-11 seeds get their doors blown off in round 1 it sends a different message.

In fact we need all the BE teams to dominate the NIT

I guess you missed the fact that Sha let the players decide if they wanted to play and they voted YES! So they and not Sha and not the school decided. So that should answer the motivation question.
I guess you missed the fact that I posted that reply 40 minutes before the NIT bracket was revealed and Sha made any public comments. At that point, this entire thread was still speculation and the title even had Princeton as the opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT