ADVERTISEMENT

Nose Ring

2timealum

All Big East
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2006
Saw last night that ND women’s player had to leave mid game to remove her nose ring despite being allowed to wear it all season up until then. Not sure of the rule but seems quite arbitrary. I understand the ref took the action but does anyone know who made the decision to enforce the rule at that point of the season/game? The ref? NCAA instructing the ref? Seems like just another decision that makes zero sense.
PS I understand the rules there for player safety

Saw last night that ND women’s player had to leave mid game to remove her nose ring despite being allowed to wear it all season up until then. Not sure of the rule but seems quite arbitrary. I understand the ref took the action but does anyone know who made the decision to enforce the rule at that point of the season/game? The ref? NCAA instructing the ref? Seems like just another decision that makes zero sense.
PS I understand the rules there for player safety
There is a rule that was enforced...because she wore the stud in other games during the season does not make it legal.

There is a rule that was enforced...because she wore the stud in other games during the season does not make it legal.
You're exactly right. It's also not permitted in HS and probably AAU games, good for the officials to enforce it, if you ignore the small things, it adds up and you allow other nonsense and terrible sportsmanship to come up

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT