ADVERTISEMENT

Not to sound any alarms but 7 Srs +

That doesn't sound like the way a real program works, what do you say next year if in the same situation.
first of all, we have no idea who is transferring this far. Nor do any other division one teams. Secondly, we really don’t know what the Shaheen strategy is and what his plan is to replace the roster. I’m sure he’s well aware that there are seven open positions I’m guessing he has a lot of alternative plans to fill them. As a fan, not knowing any of that, doesn’t seem like a productive way to focus my energy. Too busy looking forward to the season starting in less than a month.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Remember when Amaker was hired and brought in some freshmen on the fly like Reggie Garrett? If the portal was a thing back then, he would have grabbed transfers as well to plug the jokes. Finding a bunch of decent ACC transfers seems like a decent enough 2022 solution for me. Class breakdown just doesn‘t matter as much anymore.

Reactions: Piratz and HALL85
So 7 srs is disaster? And all are pretty good
Every college basketball coach in the country knows that the days of recruiting high school players and having them stay four years is over and having multiple players transfer out and multiple players transfer in is becoming the norm not the exception. Given that scenario college programs have to develop a recruiting strategy to deal with the current landscape that exists in college basketball today . One key element is deciding how you follow the transfer pool of talent without crossing the line and not violate the tampering rules that allows you to quickly get involved once a player is officially in the transfer pool. Numerous programs have restructured their staff to have one dedicated assistant responsible for heading up the transfer recruiting effort and how our program deals with it will be very important to how good our roster is.

Reactions: HallLine69
This is the new normal (I hate that phrase). No reason to panic when most universities will be dealing with the same situation. Crazy to worry about anything that might happen after April 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: HallLine69
For this year it is a good thing.

For next not so much without a good 2023 class to keep up with rest of big east

No reason to panic though. The preference for coaching staffs is obviously to have more evenly spaced classes with players that have been in the system. Not many teams go far in march with mostly transfers that have been there for only 1 year.

If we can retain most of the freshman class (with improvement this year) and many of the junior and seniors (with an extra Covid year) I will feel better if we completely whiff on our 2023 HS class and rely more extensively on 2023 transfer portal.

Reactions: pokeyshu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT