ADVERTISEMENT

NY Post: Why the Future is Bright...

hbkmyr

All World
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2009
It's easy to forget now, because of how strongly Seton Hall started the season, the Pirates' national ranking and the collapse that followed, but the All-Big East rookie team can put things into perspective.
The Pirates landed two of the five selections - forward Angel Delgado and guard Isaiah Whitehead - and a case could be made for a third, guard Khadeen Carrington. Delgado, the conference's leading rebounder at 9.9 boards per game, is expected to take home Rookie of the Year honors on Wednesday.

This post was edited on 3/11 9:03 AM by hbkmyr

http://nypost.com/2015/03/11/why-the-future-is-bright-for-seton-hall-despite-turbulent-season/

make some noise this week and it will make for a much more pleasant offseason

Willard's fluff patrol is out in full force. This is what he should of been doing 4 years ago, but he thought he didn't need the media back then. Desperate man sings a different tune.....

Excellent post Artie!!! The fluff pieces and plugs are nauseating. I have been a big fan of coach Willard and have been rooting real hard for him, but after this season I have lost all confidence and have no faith in his abilities. The collapses and abysmal recruiting seem to be the norm. It's frustrating. I was lying down next to my wife, I told her no NCAA's this year, may next year, she said keep telling me more lies Pinocchio, I like it when you lie.

I don't think it is a fluff piece. Looking from the outside of this program on the surface, the future should be bright. The Hall has really good young players that will be back next year and will only get better. That is a huge positive, especially if Gibbs returns.

However, when you scratch the surface and dig a little deeper, the problems get revealed. Could you imagine if Willard was able to land a couple of big front court players that would be joining the team next year? I know I would be excited by the prospects. But, that didn't occur. I do like Singh but we need a center and another front court player that can grab rebounds and provide depth.

Then when you scratch a little deeper, you see the coaching ability of Willard. That is where the future doesn't look too bright anymore.

My God this is nauseating. These "reporters" should be embarrassed with themselves. They might as well be on the Seton Hall payroll.

It's a fluff piece, it doesn't address our lack of a center/frontcourt depth and not having a pg on the roster for next year.

Originally posted by ArtieLange9:

It's a fluff piece, it doesn't address our lack of a center/frontcourt depth and not having a pg on the roster for next year.
Totally AGREE ArtieLange9. It's very understandable for an outsider to have a certain viewpoint of our program. We have a fine young player in the paint, a McDonalds All-American and Gibbs hopefully for next year. In addition Carrington has a great deal of upside. Our coach has a good demeanor on the sideline. So you would think it's just growing pains and a lack of experience holdings us back. Some of that is true we'd all admit. On the other hand we all may not be experts on basketball, but we have an excellent working knowledge of the SHU program that these reporters don't have. Is the truth even in the middle in this case? I'm not sure on that.

B/c (imo) other than the die hard fans, nobody knows (or cares) much about Seton Hall to scratch beyond the surface even a little bit. The casual fan might recall seeing the team ranked earlier in the year, have no clue about the implosion and see the all Rookie selections and think wow, things are looking up...

Originally posted by cernjSHU:
I don't think it is a fluff piece. Looking from the outside of this program on the surface, the future should be bright. The Hall has really good young players that will be back next year and will only get better. That is a huge positive, especially if Gibbs returns.

However, when you scratch the surface and dig a little deeper, the problems get revealed. Could you imagine if Willard was able to land a couple of big front court players that would be joining the team next year? I know I would be excited by the prospects. But, that didn't occur. I do like Singh but we need a center and another front court player that can grab rebounds and provide depth.

Then when you scratch a little deeper, you see the coaching ability of Willard. That is where the future doesn't look too bright anymore.
This is well said and exactly the concern.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT