ADVERTISEMENT

Odds and ends from the Beefsteak

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
1. First off I want to thank a certain person who wants to remain anonymous for buying two tables (2 & 5) and allowing me to sit at table #2. I in no way deserve the honor to be sitting a couple of feet away from Sha, Tony B, Pat Lyons, Bryan Felt, Dr Nyre and Pat Lyons.

2. At our table we had Jamir Harris and Ryan Whalen.

3. Hadn't seen Ryan since he left the Hall. What a pleasure to talk to him. Great guy. Many years ago when he had a son Hallrox sewed a beautiful blue Pirate Bear for him with his son's name and Ryan's favorite number on the back. His son is now 9 and Ryan told me the bear has now been passed down to his third child. How time flies.

4. Jamir still is holding out hope his brother plays this year but in truth he seems to be the only one that feels that way.

5. Lex Yetna still hasn't practiced with the team. He, Jaquan Harris and AB will not participate Friday against Boston College.

6. Jamir when asked told me he has a very slight fracture of the nose but it really doesn't affect him much if at all.

7. For those confused that thought we were playing our holiday tournament in Charleston next year. Turns out we were originally involved only as a replacement team. When the team we were replacing wanted back in we were bumped to the following year.

8. I was told by a high admin that the year after that we are in contract talks with a "specular destination". But said admin would not tell me where despite my threats. LOL

9. Turns out that Al Dawes is related to Glenn Mosley. That's why they took pictures together at Bunnies as noted on that thread.

10. Both Eric and Jcalz were in attendance last night and in talking to them and others each has been a major boon to the school in their own way. Each should have our complete support as they only have what's best for the Hall in their hearts.

11. Shout out to Sami. Jokingly called him that last night and got an earful as that is not his real name. My retort...Billmeier always introduced me in conversation with his acquaintances as Halldan for years.

12. Spoke to both Tony B and Lauren and each believes once healthy they will clearly surpass their projected Big East rankings.

13. Staying with the women's team I asked what is most important to them, the NIL or the Practice Facility. The answer? The dorms to be built in the future.

14. Neither Yetna or Jaquan Harris has practiced with the team yet. Yetna had a class so he wasn't in attendance last night but I was told he has lost a lot of weight.

15. Richmond wasn't in attendance either. Sha said he was under the weather.

16. Seton Hall Media Day will be Oct 25th.

17. For those wondering why Seton Hall is so strictly following NJ state regulations regarding the NIL that won't be implemented for two more years I got the answer I expected. There is a strong fear of violations that could come back to haunt the school.

18. Tony's wonderful daughter Sam who was sitting at Table 1 with her dad just got engaged. Congrats.

19. I saw so many board members that I don't want to list them because I know I will forget someone and don't want that to happen. So a shout out to all who attended last night. You guys are true Pirate fans.

I'm sure I'll remember more stuff but for now I ask anyone in attendance to add to this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News