ADVERTISEMENT

One good way to help Mexico's economy....

In a dinner conversation on Sunday with friend who is a US citizen, naturalized from China 12 years ago, pointed out that China has 1.4 Billion people vs the USA with 330 Million.

He also pointed out we have the same land mass. Much of China's population is concentrated on the coast.

His point was that there is room to absorb more people into the US. It is bothersome that our government can't arrive at policies and solutions what would facilitate the absorption in an orderly manner that ultimately increases GDP and overall quality of life for everyone.

While Pelosi's crop picking comment was ill stated, there is validity that we should be able to provide a path to make these people productive members of society vs a burden and political football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merge
In a dinner conversation on Sunday with friend who is a US citizen, naturalized from China 12 years ago pointed out that China has 1.4 Billion people vs the USA with 330 Million.

He also pointed out we have the same land mass. Much of China's population is concentrated on the coast.

His point was that there is room to absorb more people into the US. It is bothersome that our government can't arrive at policies and solutions what would facilitate the absorption in an orderly manner that ultimately increases CDF and overall quality of life for everyone.

While Pelosi's crop picking comment was ill stated, there is validity that we should be able to provide a path to make these people productive members of society vs a burden and political football.
+1. We have no plan and I subscribe that it's an issue that neither party really wants to solve. So yes, we are also using these people as pawns, and they get trafficked for the benefit of drug cartels, the end result is more drug overdose deaths, crime and people that get mis-directed and taken advantage.

We should be able to absorb more people, orderly, legally, etc. We should also be able to secure the border to ensure we are letting criminals/cartels benefit from our inaction.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/07/the-c...veal-the-scale-of-joe-bidens-border-disaster/

The US Department of Homeland Security reports that the Mexican cartels’ income from smuggling illegal migrants into America has soared from $500 million in 2018 to $13 billion this year — up 2,500%.

Still thing Joe deserves a solid "B"?

A quick search and you would have seen that the cartels started getting more involved in human trafficking in 2019 which is the year when the reported income related to that activity started to jump.

In reality it was probably around a 1200% increase under Trump and a 200% increase under Biden.

I don't blame Trump for that though because I am not just looking at a headline and then placing blame. It's more complex than that.

A quick search and you would have seen that the cartels started getting more involved in human trafficking in 2019 which is the year when the reported income related to that activity started to jump.

In reality it was probably around a 1200% increase under Trump and a 200% increase under Biden.

I don't blame Trump for that though because I am not just looking at a headline and then placing blame. It's more complex than that.
Just pointing it out in the context of how good a President Biden is in another thread. One of the biggest issues facing this country has gotten much worse under his watch.

Just pointing it out in the context of how good a President Biden is in another thread. One of the biggest issues facing this country has gotten much worse under his watch.

I have my opinions and keep them in the context of where we were, what he did, and where things will go from here.

I gave him a D first year and a B in his second. Averaging a C.. Not exactly arguing he has done a great job... also not sure why you care about how I rate him.

Reactions: SHallguy2
I have my opinions and keep them in the context of where we were, what he did, and where things will go from here.

I gave him a D first year and a B in his second. Averaging a C.. Not exactly arguing he has done a great job... also not sure why you care about how I rate him.
Lighten up...it's a message board:).

People value your opinion, don’t always agree with you but you often have a different take which leads to a healthy debate.

In a dinner conversation on Sunday with friend who is a US citizen, naturalized from China 12 years ago, pointed out that China has 1.4 Billion people vs the USA with 330 Million.

His point was that there is room to absorb more people into the US. It is bothersome that our government can't arrive at policies and solutions what would facilitate the absorption in an orderly manner that ultimately increases GDP and overall quality of life for everyone.

There are financial benefits to having people oppressed and living in the shadows for both parties. Modern Day Slavery is very real.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT