ADVERTISEMENT

One week away-share your thoughts

I want to see Dylan be a team leader on both side of the floor.
I want to see a really nice jump from Coleman.
I can't wait to see this team push the ball up the floor and play a lock down D.
Looking forward to all the top 100 players we pulled in from the portal.

I want to see:
- A team that is this long and athletic play 40 minutes of smothering defense.
- A team that rebounds as a team.
- Guards and wings that can penetrate and either finish or effectively pass to someone who can.
- Someone emerge like Dre did last year to hit the big shot to stop a run or make a big play.

To see the actual team play and it look like a well-organized group. That’s it right now. Low bar. We have a grand total of 2 players returning from last year’s team who played. It’s crazy.

Preseason thoughts:

1. I think we have good players and options in the 1-3 spots if you look at backgrounds and experience. Yes, even taking into account the jump from mid-major to Big East for some of them.

2. Maybe we have enough at the 4 too depending on where Middleton and Toumi fall into this positionally. Aligbe is the stereotypical power conference player that could improve with the scenery change.

3. Center is a total unknown and looks like Project U. There’s nobody anywhere near what Bediako did at Santa Clara leading up to a breakout 5th season, for example.

4. Holloway hangs his hat on teams getting better (many teams do during the season), biggest question is will we torpedo our NCAAT chances too badly in November/December for it to matter? Putting all these new players into cohesive roles takes time. It’s the opposite issue of last year where we were going to live or die by 6 players and that’s what happened

To see the actual team play and it look like a well-organized group. That’s it right now. Low bar. We have a grand total of 2 players returning from last year’s team who played. It’s crazy.

Preseason thoughts:

1. I think we have good players and options in the 1-3 spots if you look at backgrounds and experience. Yes, even taking into account the jump from mid-major to Big East for some of them.

2. Maybe we have enough at the 4 too depending on where Middleton and Toumi fall into this positionally. Aligbe is the stereotypical power conference player that could improve with the scenery change.

3. Center is a total unknown and looks like Project U. There’s nobody anywhere near what Bediako did at Santa Clara leading up to a breakout 5th season, for example.

4. Holloway hangs his hat on teams getting better (many teams do during the season), biggest question is will we torpedo our NCAAT chances too badly in November/December for it to matter? Putting all these new players into cohesive roles takes time. It’s the opposite issue of last year where we were going to live or die by 6 players and that’s what happened
With this schedule we should be no worse that 9-2 going into conference play.

this is the most odd situation as a SHU fan i've ever been in. i dont know any of the players or have any connection to them. they look like athletes but feel weary about their shooting.

anyone who is good unfortunatley will have the shadow of the transfer portal following them in my mind.

thinking we exceed expectations and that Sha will be top 3 in COY.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT