ADVERTISEMENT

******************* Onward Setonia ********************

jcalz88

All World
Jan 24, 2009
I hope this message finds you all in good spirits. As a proud alumnus of Seton Hall University, our beloved alma mater holds a special place in my heart. Its values, education, and community have always been a beacon of light, guiding us toward personal growth and collective success. However, today, I'm reaching out to discuss something that has significantly shifted my perspective and, I believe, heralds a bright future for our community: the "Onward Setonia" campaign.

For those who've known me, especially over the past two years, I have openly expressed my reservations regarding the direction of the NIL (Name, Image, and Likeness) efforts. It felt like a tectonic shift, and I needed clarity on how this campaign would influence our university's ethos and the future of our sports teams. Up until recently I had little faith in the program and those behind it.

This skepticism was put to rest after numerous enlightening conversations with key people passionately involved with "Onward Setonia." What Mike Frungillo, Jerry Walker, Matt Regan, Eric Liebler, Mike Walsh, and Mike McBride have envisioned and are tirelessly working towards is nothing short of inspirational. Their dedication to strengthening our athletic programs while ensuring our athletes' welfare and opportunities is commendable.

It became clear to me that "Onward Setonia" is more than a campaign; it's a strategic pathway that positions Seton Hall at the forefront, competes at the highest levels, and nurtures the holistic development of our student-athletes. It's about providing resources, enhancing facilities, and building a robust community that supports our teams - the mighty Pirates.

I am not just convinced; I am inspired. Inspired enough to take action. Therefore, I am thrilled to announce that I will be kick-starting my support for "Onward Setonia" with a donation of $100,000.00 for their 2024 campaign. This contribution represents my commitment to Seton Hall's thriving future and my belief in the transformative power of sports.

I extend this message as an invitation for everyone to join hands in support of "Onward Setonia." Whether it be through spreading the word, donating, or simply attending games to cheer on our teams, every bit counts. Together, let's make a difference and shape a resilient, victorious future for our Seton Hall Pirates.

DONATE NOW

I hope this message finds you all in good spirits. As a proud alumnus of Seton Hall University, our beloved alma mater holds a special place in my heart. Its values, education, and community have always been a beacon of light, guiding us toward personal growth and collective success. However, today, I'm reaching out to discuss something that has significantly shifted my perspective and, I believe, heralds a bright future for our community: the "Onward Setonia" campaign.

For those who've known me, especially over the past two years, I have openly expressed my reservations regarding the direction of the NIL (Name, Image, and Likeness) efforts. It felt like a tectonic shift, and I needed clarity on how this campaign would influence our university's ethos and the future of our sports teams. Up until recently I had little faith in the program and those behind it.

This skepticism was put to rest after numerous enlightening conversations with key people passionately involved with "Onward Setonia." What Mike Frungillo, Jerry Walker, Matt Regan, Eric Liebler, Mike Walsh, and Mike McBride have envisioned and are tirelessly working towards is nothing short of inspirational. Their dedication to strengthening our athletic programs while ensuring our athletes' welfare and opportunities is commendable.

It became clear to me that "Onward Setonia" is more than a campaign; it's a strategic pathway that positions Seton Hall at the forefront, competes at the highest levels, and nurtures the holistic development of our student-athletes. It's about providing resources, enhancing facilities, and building a robust community that supports our teams - the mighty Pirates.

I am not just convinced; I am inspired. Inspired enough to take action. Therefore, I am thrilled to announce that I will be kick-starting my support for "Onward Setonia" with a donation of $100,000.00 for their 2024 campaign. This contribution represents my commitment to Seton Hall's thriving future and my belief in the transformative power of sports.

I extend this message as an invitation for everyone to join hands in support of "Onward Setonia." Whether it be through spreading the word, donating, or simply attending games to cheer on our teams, every bit counts. Together, let's make a difference and shape a resilient, victorious future for our Seton Hall Pirates.

DONATE NOW
This is both a fantastic and generous gesture by a very young alum who through excellent business acumen has put himself in a position to be able to help our athletic endeavors in the form of NIL.

I salute John.

DONATE NOW
Fantastic! Thank you!!

This is great. Obviously, the donation is tremendous but also that you really investigated the the updated NIL program and those entrusted to run it and after being skeptical of the early efforts now have wholehearted belief and trust. Thanks for sharing how you came to your conclusions.

Great having your endorsement and generous support. Not all of us can do what you did but we all have something to give to support this effort.

We need all fans and alumni to step up. Depending on your situation there are many ways to help. If you don't have the funds, donate your time or your skill. Most fans can at least afford a monthly membership fee or to attend an event. We should pack this event on Saturday before the Scrimmage to hear Sha address the team.

For those that don't want to donate, going to an event gives you value for your money. The school has finally put together a solid effort and if we want Sha to have the tools to do the job we expect, it's now up to us.

I want to ensure as many readers see this as possible. We all don't have the means to do what John did here. But in our own way we should all have the means to do our fair share.

If you read this board clearly you are an SHU fan, an alum, a supporter or all of the above. Let's follow John's lead because if we do, with NIL finally headed in the right direction and within a year and a half the Practice Facility will be up and running the future can again be what we all want.

No donation is too small

DONATE NOW

This is both a fantastic and generous gesture by a very young alum who through excellent business acumen has put himself in a position to be able to help our athletic endeavors in the form of NIL.

I salute John.
Dan, I assume John is the donor you were referring to last week, and if so, this is great news and commitment from jcalz.

From his comments it looks like the plan is multi-pronged and will engage different revenue sources and leverages what the university/players have to offer.

Have no idea where the P4P/NIL is going but you need a plan.

Reactions: walshtrips
No, actually it's not. That hopefully bodes well for the future.

To the best of my knowledge we have 6 MAJOR donors on this site. For obvious reasons some want to maintain their anonymous stature and for others...that's not important to them.

Few of us can do what they do for the school, donate 6-7 figure sums. But we can all do to various degrees our share. I owe so much to Seton Hall and although I am not Jcalz I can help by doing what I can, running this site and donating financially.

That's all we can ask for. Do your best to support our alma mater.

We're working on crowdfunding campaigns that will do more to engage our mid-level supporters, and a separate campaign to engage our students and recent grads. We hope to set the wheels in motion on the former around Thanksgiving.

Keep the Faith!!!

Onward Setonia!!!

I already posted on the Trove but wanted to say here as well that I had a nice time at the Onward Setonia pregame event. Met Mike McBride and spoke to a lot of great Seton Hall fans. I liked what McBride had to say and feel confident we are now on the right track now.

Sha was typical Sha - doesn't sugarcoat anything. Said he hates talking before game time and this would be the last time if something bad happened. I couldn't help to think of that as NJIT was taking it to us. Lol

Everyone should step up and get involved. It takes fan engagement to compete with our peers. Do what you can. Make a monthly donation, go to an event, buy a player sweatshirt/jersey. Multiple avenues to help for fans of all income levels. Sha needs us.

John does a lot more than just financially contribute.

As he noted above last year he had ideas and discussed those ideas with everyone concerned. And until he felt McBride, Felt, Liebler and company shared a vision he's comfortable with the donations were limited.

That's no longer the case and John is tough to satisfy. Why do I post this? Simply because JCalz won't waste his money if it isn't being maximized. And if he donated 6 figures than for those that had questions whether their own money was making a difference or wasn't being used efficiently, I say worry no more.

Please help out with this matching challenge. We really need you to give whatever you are comfortable giving.

http://spot.fund/OnwardSetoniaVolunteerTribute

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT