ADVERTISEMENT

OPEC + Cuts Oil Production Again

OPEC + cuts production by another million barrels a day as oil went under $80 a barrel. This is I think the fourth production cut in a year and a half. It seems every time we are heading for sub $3.00 a gallon gas, OPEC+ cuts production. https://www.energyintel.com/0000018c-2197-d894-a3ce-33bf0d7d0000

Meanwhile, US production sets record of producing the most oil ever.
But my question is, why should we be heading for sub-$3.00 gas?

I saw a great chart that I wish I could share. It has inflation-adjusted gasoline prices going back to the 70’s. The table was annual average gasoline prices by year.

Inflation adjusted, the average gasoline prices since the 70’s has been over $4.00 per gallon. Amazingly steady. In fact, the prices in the earlier years were a bit above $4.10 per gallon and over the last decade or so, they’ve dropped to $4.00-$4.10.

Surprised me that just maybe the price of gas should be around $4.00 a gallon.

Though I can’t find anything online that represents that. I’d just be surprised if Lord Abbott would have a study that is totally out of wack, but maybe I was missing something.

That's not the case. I found this just now, interesting to see how events affect the price. While some years have been at $4/gallon in today's dollars, the average is far less.

That's not the case. I found this just now, interesting to see how events affect the price. While some years have been at $4/gallon in today's dollars, the average is far less.

Yeah, saw that as I tried to pull something together. I’d have to get that slide because there has to be a nuance in the presentation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT