ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ledlum & Dingle

Guarantee they win or NCAA relents. Soon we will see players challenging the basic 4-year eligibility rules. Open season on the NCAA.

Guarantee they win or NCAA relents. Soon we will see players challenging the basic 4-year eligibility rules. Open season on the NCAA.
But they went to a league and body of schools where they know ahead of time its 4 years to play 4 seasons

Reactions: mbraue
Surprised Bediako & Dawes don't sue since the 5 yr eligibility rules are unconstitutionally restrictive.

They didn't have the opportunity to play their freshman season. Their schools (conference) cancelled the season.

Every player on a NCAA roster that season was granted an additional year. I'm not sure why that season can't be treated as a redshirt season for the players that weren't able to play under five years to play four (six to play five).

Reactions: Piratz
They didn't have the opportunity to play their freshman season. Their schools (conference) cancelled the season.

Every player on a NCAA roster that season was granted an additional year. I'm not sure why that season can't be treated as a redshirt season for the players that weren't able to play under five years to play four (six to play five).
Yeah, I honestly think these are the kids the NCAA should have been given the covid year, but they gave it to all kids and in the end these kids who didn't play actually got the short end.

... I'm not sure why that season can't be treated as a redshirt season for the players that weren't able to play under five years to play four (six to play five).
Cause the Ivy League thinks the important activity is the education, not the hoops?

True which is why those kids were advised well, like Aiken. They have professional options overseas like most others but will be armed with Ivy League degrees. I don’t know why the Ivy should be treated different than others with the extra year stuff. I’m against the extra year but if the other conferences get it Ivy kids should too.

Reactions: mbraue
Cause the Ivy League thinks the important activity is the education, not the hoops?
No longer in the ivies.

They will also challenge that they have to take any classes in school…
I don't think it's unlikely we eventually get to this point. I've asked rhetorically without response. Will ask explicitly: would separating education from the money sports get around title ix?

I wonder if he NCAA allows the extra year and then the conferences grant it, or does the NCAA rule take precedent over any conference rule. ICGAS frankly. If the kid from Cornell came here I would have cared lol.

No longer in the ivies.

I don't think it's unlikely we eventually get to this point. I've asked rhetorically without response. Will ask explicitly: would separating education from the money sports get around title ix?
Good point. I guess it depends on whether the compensation is viewed as being paid by the schools versus private donors and other outside sources. Since the schools are not directly funding player compensation perhaps they will not violate Title IX.

And they will have pro bono of key counsel to let this happen
They might get some kind've version of a win, but by the time they'd win, their 5th year will be long over, this won't be a quick solution.
When they were in the Ivy, were they complaining? How come they didnt sue then? Everyone on the planet knew it was nonsense that 2021 Ivy didnt play. Also a bunch of other athletes from other sports in the Ivy had this denied already.
I can say that Dingle and Ledlum could definitely play in NAIA for 2025 since different eligiblity, otherwise they are done.

Cant they play a 5th grad year? What are they fighting?
That is what they are fighting for. They were in Ivy League in 2020-21, the Ivy League cancelled all sports. The NCAA is not giving them a red shirt for that year so they are out of eligibility.

Didn’t read the lawsuit but seems from the thread here they are looking for another NIL payday year because they won’t make as much doing anything else now that their eligibility is exhausted.

The ivies caved to political pressure optics. Kids got screwed, but it’s time to move on. Every senior in 2020 was also screwed.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I feel that Ledlum and Dingle should, and will, win this case. Why deny an athlete the extra COVID year because they stayed with a league that cancelled the season?

The NCAA needs to get its act together, QUICKLY!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT