ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA and Rory

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40146167/rory-mcilroy-files-divorce-wife-7-years

Files for divorce and has won the last two tournaments he's played (including Wells Fargo - Quail Hollow this weekend where he blew the field away). I would guess he will be the favorite at the PGA at Valhalla....I would not bet against him.
Rory played great on Sunday but Xander was Xander. The guy would be perfect for LIV since he consistently no shows on Sundays. I hope he changes the narrative soon.

I don’t think you can bet against Scottie. He’s just so much better than every other golfer in the world. I imagine as a new parent he is getting a little more sleep this week than most parents with a newborn infant. If not…

There was an interesting story I heard about Rory and Jack Nicklaus. For the life of me, I can’t remember where I heard it, or how true it is, but I think it’s worth mentioning here. It was about a conversation Jack had in-person with Rory shortly after the announcement of his engagement to tennis star Caroline Wozniacki. Nicklaus asked Rory point blank: “look, do you want to win Majors, or do you want to get married?”. Well, we know how that engagement ended up.

We know that Rory visited with Jack many times throughout the years to seek his advice. Maybe it means nothing, but this filing for divorce is exactly ten years after he abruptly ended his engagement to Wozniacki. It’s probably a coincidence, but one has to wonder. Who knows, maybe Jack’s advice got to him again.

There was an interesting story I heard about Rory and Jack Nicklaus. For the life of me, I can’t remember where I heard it, or how true it is, but I think it’s worth mentioning here. It was about a conversation Jack had in-person with Rory shortly after the announcement of his engagement to tennis star Caroline Wozniacki. Nicklaus asked Rory point blank: “look, do you want to win Majors, or do you want to get married?”. Well, we know how that engagement ended up.

We know that Rory visited with Jack many times throughout the years to seek his advice. Maybe it means nothing, but this filing for divorce is exactly ten years after he abruptly ended his engagement to Wozniacki. It’s probably a coincidence, but one has to wonder. Who knows, maybe Jack’s advice got to him again.
That’s a true story regarding the Nicklaus and Rory. Woznacki was making him a mess after he had that early success on tour. The conversation happened at Jack’s house.

Scotty is so good and even with the new baby I would expect him to be on the leaderboard on Sunday. Over the last several years Rory has had one round that would just prevent him from winning a major or his putting was not spectacular enough.

Jack was married his entire pro career and certainly for each of his 18 majors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT