ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns as Rutgers AD

So if Pat Hobbs had an affair. Doesn’t make him a bad guy. I can’t believe all the judgmental people on this board. Affairs happen in the work place all the time. Not the smartest thing to do but doesn’t make him a bad guy. Just poor judgement in this specific instance. I stand by my opinion of Pat Hobbs.
For the rest of you in this board Those without sin can throw that first stone.
yeaaa affairs definitely make you a bad guy ,what bones do you have in your closet?

people grow apart all the time but betraying trust , lying , and doing things behind a partners back absolutely makes you a bad person. one of the most upsetting things you can do to somebody.

thats not even mentioning the worse part of the scandal

yeaaa affairs definitely make you a bad guy ,what bones do you have in your closet?

people grow apart all the time but betraying trust , lying , and doing things behind a partners back absolutely makes you a bad person. one of the most upsetting things you can do to somebody.

thats not even mentioning the worse part of the scandal
Sorry, I am not going to condemn a person as bad because he or she cheated on their spouse. Moreover, I won't then accuse someone else of being a cheater for having a different opinion than you. They may have done a bad thing but it does not make them a bad person. I guess because this is a Catholic school all the morality police with their noses in the air have to condemn a guy who has done a. lot of good for a lot of people and institutions.

I know what bad people are. I am glad people on this board have not run into these bad people who consider a guy who cheats on his spouse as a bad person. I wonder how many of the great people who have walked this earth will now be considered bad based upon this standard.

Let's go through some: Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr, FDR, JFK., David Petraeus I am sure there are countless of universally admired men who are now considered bad guys based upon this standard.

I'm not gonna condemn Hobbs for cheating. But his leaving and citing health issues and then hearing about some really bad management of the gymnastics program that looks and smells like favoritism to his Gumad sure does not look good for Rutgers and real bad for Hobbs. Feels slimy and dishonest to me, but I am sure I don't know all the facts.

Sorry, I am not going to condemn a person as bad because he or she cheated on their spouse. Moreover, I won't then accuse someone else of being a cheater for having a different opinion than you. They may have done a bad thing but it does not make them a bad person. I guess because this is a Catholic school all the morality police with their noses in the air have to condemn a guy who has done a. lot of good for a lot of people and institutions.

I know what bad people are. I am glad people on this board have not run into these bad people who consider a guy who cheats on his spouse as a bad person. I wonder how many of the great people who have walked this earth will now be considered bad based upon this standard.

Let's go through some: Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr, FDR, JFK., David Petraeus I am sure there are countless of universally admired men who are now considered bad guys based upon this standard.
Why do you keep ignoring all of the other issues with Hobbs beyond cheating on his wife?

Why do you keep ignoring all of the other issues with Hobbs beyond cheating on his wife?
And whatever are those issues are don't make him a bad person. This board is full of hypocrites. But go ahead and show your moral high ground. Good for all of you.

And whatever are those issues are don't make him a bad person. This board is full of hypocrites. But go ahead and show your moral high ground. Good for all of you.
- Lying about the reason for his resignation?
- Cheating with a married woman that reports to him?
- Allegedly providing preferential treatment to that employee?
- Apparently covering up complaints from the gymnastics team of that coach?

If it was merely “an affair” why did he resign so abruptly and walk from a lucrative extension that he just signed?

Yeah, he’s a super guy…lmao

Reactions: LBP43
Hobbs is not a bad guy for cheating, sometimes things happen and we have no right to question his love life or what happens behind the scenes. Now everything after that is what makes him look like a not-so-great guy. The "health issue" was a lie, along with the fact that he substantially raised the gymnastics coach's pay and rejected anyone trying to file formal complaints. Objectively, not a great look, speaking as someone who likes the guy.

Someone posted earlier that in two months all will be forgotten. Sure: in Utah maybe; but in NJ, or the BIG Ten?
The guy's career and reputation are completely shot: period. Too bad.

Someone posted earlier that in two months all will be forgotten. Sure: in Utah maybe; but in NJ, or the BIG Ten?
He @#$&%# himself, so I can’t feel sorry for someone who abuses their power.

Reactions: SHUMikechine
He’s more of a politician than a sports guy anyway… and this stuff happens quite regularly in politics

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT