ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock/MAX/Streaming Discounts

MooneyHall07

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 18, 2023
Now the new TV deal has been announced we will all need Peacock subscriptions starting this year, and possibly MAX subscriptions next year. I get notices of discount codes for streaming services from time to time, so I figured I would start a thread and post anything I find helpful.

From Cord Cutter Weekly:

After a brief absence, Peacock is back with another discount for new and former subscribers. Use the promo code PLANETFITNESS50 to take $30 off for one year, bringing the price to $30 with ads or $90 without. Peacock is raising prices in six days (to $80 per year with ads or $140 without), so now's the time to lock in a much lower rate through next summer.
If you're not a regular Peacock watcher but plan to stream the Olympics, you might also consider signing up now for just a month at the regular price. That'll save you a couple of bucks before those price hikes kick in on July 18.

If you are a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber, I believe they offer a discount on the basic monthly (with ads) Peacock subscription.

If you are an Xfinity Rewards member, as I am, your Peacock subscription is free.

Looks like I’ll get box scores on line. College b-ball going the way of dinosaurs. 😰

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
Now the new TV deal has been announced we will all need Peacock subscriptions starting this year, and possibly MAX subscriptions next year. I get notices of discount codes for streaming services from time to time, so I figured I would start a thread and post anything I find helpful.

From Cord Cutter Weekly:

After a brief absence, Peacock is back with another discount for new and former subscribers. Use the promo code PLANETFITNESS50 to take $30 off for one year, bringing the price to $30 with ads or $90 without. Peacock is raising prices in six days (to $80 per year with ads or $140 without), so now's the time to lock in a much lower rate through next summer.
If you're not a regular Peacock watcher but plan to stream the Olympics, you might also consider signing up now for just a month at the regular price. That'll save you a couple of bucks before those price hikes kick in on July 18.
Thanks for this, I've been meaning to post something like this and you took the initiative.

In addition to all stated above, world and world elite MasterCard holders get a $3 or $5 statement credit on premium/premium plus subscriptions charged to the card, respectively. The $5 savings is only for world elite. This is good through March 2025. You should be able to tell if your MasterCard is world or world elite because it will say right on the card itself.

Personally I'm holding out hope that they'll soon have another one of their 12 months premium subscription deals for $19.99. I know they're raising the price but hopefully this deal will come back, even it's for a little more than $20.

Looks like I’ll get box scores on line. College b-ball going the way of dinosaurs. 😰

Of all the things to get upset about relating to CBB. Going to streaming is by no means "the way of the dinosaurs". In fact, staying on cable is the "way of the dinosaurs".

I don't know a single Millennial, or Gen Z at my workplace or in my personal life who still have cable or land lines in their houses. Teenagers? They barely use actual TVs at this point in time, let alone cable.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Of all the things to get upset about relating to CBB. Going to streaming is by no means "the way of the dinosaurs". In fact, staying on cable is the "way of the dinosaurs".

I don't know a single Millennial, or Gen Z at my workplace or in my personal life who still have cable or land lines in their houses. Teenagers? They barely use actual TVs at this point in time, let alone cable.

🤷🏼‍♂️
You are right but if you are a season ticket holder as I am , look around your seating area and you will get an idea of the age range of season ticket holders . I would say more than 50% of them are 40 +.

Peacock will launch its coverage of BIG EAST men’s basketball in 2024-25 with a package of 25 regular season games and five early round and quarterfinal conference tournament games.

So we're talking maybe 2-3 Hall games this season?

You are right but if you are a season ticket holder as I am , look around your seating area and you will get an idea of the age range of season ticket holders . I would say more than 50% of them are 40 +.

Of course I'm a season ticket holder.

The fact is that the cost of everything - yes even shu tickets - is too expensive.

And 40 year olds are millennials. I watch all my SHU and BE games on streaming. I watched all of Copa and Euro on streaming. I will watch all the Olympics on streaming.

Of course I'm a season ticket holder.

The fact is that the cost of everything - yes even shu tickets - is too expensive.

And 40 year olds are millennials. I watch all my SHU and BE games on streaming. I watched all of Copa and Euro on streaming. I will watch all the Olympics on streaming.
According to Google millennials were born between 1981 and 1996 so the oldest age would be 43 . I also stream on my smart TV Nextflix, prime video , Hulu and YouTube/Paramount are what I'm paying for now .

According to Google millennials were born between 1981 and 1996 so the oldest age would be 43 . I also stream on my smart TV Nextflix, prime video , Hulu and YouTube/Paramount are what I'm paying for now .

So yes. 40 year olds are millennials. Who have season tickets and don't have cable. (And can you really tell the difference between a 37 and 41 year old? Doubtful)

Also, maybe the fan base needs to adapt?

Human beings are the most adaptable vertebrate species to ever roam the planet. I think people can use streaming if they really want to watch SHU.

So yes. 40 year olds are millennials. Who have season tickets and don't have cable. (And can you really tell the difference between a 37 and 41 year old? Doubtful)

Also, maybe the fan base needs to adapt?

Human beings are the most adaptable vertebrate species to ever roam the planet. I think people can use streaming if they really want to watch SHU.
I myself adapted with the help of my 3 daughters . The season ticket holders say over the age of say 60 which include me are the ones that are having the problem . Not only with streaming but with cell phones (tickets and purchasing tickets ) . Technology is moving too fast for them . The bottom line is they must catch up because this is the way of the world if not you will be left behind and will be talking about the good old days. Go PIRATES !!!!!!

Reactions: shupat08 and Harty9
I'm a boomer & I've been streaming for over 5 years. It took about 10 minutes to get acclimated & haven't missed cable one bit. Saving close to $100 a month even with Max, Peacock & Netflix subscriptions.

So how do I have to adjust my rabbit ears to get this "Streaming" program on my television set? It seems like everyone is watching it, so it must be pretty good. Is there something I have to do to the antenna on my roof? I don't really like to go up there anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT