ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Kiss

Woo Hoo, so glad of this. Hope this works out. I brought him up a week or two ago and was glad to see other folks thought he was a good fit. He played very well against Gonzaga and Seton Hall when I saw him in person, he was definitely a high d-1 player and was amazed that Quinnipiac got him.

Reactions: hallwins
Looks athletic. Putting on some muscle for the Big East grind would be a good idea.

Would be a Raftery favorite, no doubt.

I think his name is enough to sign him up, who cares if he is any good. Lol.

Woo Hoo, so glad of this. Hope this works out. I brought him up a week or two ago and was glad to see other folks thought he was a good fit. He played very well against Gonzaga and Seton Hall when I saw him in person, he was definitely a high d-1 player and was amazed that Quinnipiac got him.

I thought the same thing watching him in Orlando. Sweet stroke and very athletic.

Another one that makes sense on paper, to me. Good upside, balances the roster in terms of clases and experience. Provides depth behind Powell and Cale for 2018.

Kiss seems to do a little bit of everything with good size for a swing guard. Needs to work on that 3PT shooting though, lol. Only .277 from 3 on the season and more than 40% of his shots came from out there.

He looked good against us. The other very good 3 point shooter out there with some size transferring is Matt Ryan from Notre Dame. He has a very quick release. Either one would be a nice addition.

Was impressed by this kid when we played them. As a thin freshman only a month into his career, he showed BB IQ, confidence, aggressiveness and poise well beyond his years.

I know we have a lot of shooting guards but I think with 18 months to get stronger and work on his 3 pt shot before his first game, he would be a great addition.

Look at Villanova and other successful teams in the Big East - never have enough versatile players in the 6'4-6'6 range who can play multiple positions, pass, shoot, handle and make plays.

So, the only other schools after him are Fordham, Tulsa, High Point, Stony Brook and Liberty? Or were those the ones that he was considering before he chose Quinnipiac?

He will have some high majors after him, so we aren't alone in viewing him as being able to play up a level. I'm always wary of kids making the leap, especially so young (different story with 21/22 year olds who have years of development and growth under their belt). But I think this kid may be a player.

According to Zags, St John's offered Peter Kiss.

Scored 19 off the bench versus us in his 4th college game. Looks like he has a frame that could easily support more muscle/weight.

The kid killed us when we played. Seems like a good player. I am just curious where is this kid going to play? We have Powell and Cale at the 2. I sure damn hope we get a point guard. So is he really big enough to play the 3? Plus this uses up a scholarship for this upcoming year in which we should be making a push to go deep into the tournament. We need a PG and a backup PG plus another Big man. Why use up the ship?

The kid killed us when we played. Seems like a good player. I am just curious where is this kid going to play? We have Powell and Cale at the 2. I sure damn hope we get a point guard. So is he really big enough to play the 3? Plus this uses up a scholarship for this upcoming year in which we should be making a push to go deep into the tournament. We need a PG and a backup PG plus another Big man. Why use up the ship?
Love this kids game. Can put the ball on the floor once or twice and hit the 3, can spot up, plays with some swagger.

Love this kids game. Can put the ball on the floor once or twice and hit the 3, can spot up, plays with some swagger.

haha. I'm pretty sure this was already noted, isn't his 3pt percentage like .27? Not sure I'd say he can hit from 3. That name though... serious cache.

In a vacuum, if all else were equal and you swap Soffer for Kiss, I think that's a significant bench upgrade no?

No clue if he would come to The Hall to be a backup, but if he would, never hurts to have guys with ability on the bench for depth purposes imo.

We need talent and depth be would provide both....also I like his swagger.

His key stats:
28.9 MPG
.408 FG%
.277 3pt.%
.742 FT%
13.3 PPG
88 assists
90 turnovers

Not sure if he isn't more of a SG then a PG.

Worse case scenario, he is a solid bench player. He would have been a helpful player to have on our bench this year even as a freshman. Better player than Singh or Soffer for sure.

Best case scenario is he uses the next 18 months to pack on some muscle and work on his shot/defense. Most freshman suck on defense. That and shot selection are usually an issue for freshman. He's athletic and long enough to be a good defender. Not saying he's as good but reminds me a little of JP Macura.

Reactions: Bluebeard
His key stats:
28.9 MPG
.408 FG%
.277 3pt.%
.742 FT%
13.3 PPG
88 assists
90 turnovers

Not sure if he isn't more of a SG then a PG.

He's a shooting guard without a consistent shot outside who is turnover prone. Still though..... need a guy named Kiss on the roster.

How many SG's are we going to have. We have Powell, Cale , Gordon and now you want to add another. Why waste a ship on a player at a position that has both quality and depth when you're a team w/o a point guard or a backup on the roster.

How many SG's are we going to have. We have Powell, Cale , Gordon and now you want to add another. Why waste a ship on a player at a position that has both quality and depth when you're a team w/o a point guard or a backup on the roster.

Uh. I hope my posts are being interpreted properly as jokes at this point. Some of these other folks though...

Kiss becomes backup Swing Guard for Powell/Cale ....Gordon from all accounts is 2/1 not 2/3. I am not saying we cant do better but I like what he can potentially bring to SHU after sitting for a year.

His defense is beyond terrible, may not be a BE player.

SPK, please don't hold back, lol.

I will take your word for it, no D and .27 from 3 is an issue.

He must know playing time will be tough at SHU, UMASS may be better for him.

Always love shooters, can never have enough but D is so critical. I have seen limited action so I will defer to the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT