ADVERTISEMENT

Pirate Blue Fund

shu67

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2021
New Jersey
Some of what I read indicated at the website that I could specify I want the donation to go to a specific sport like men's hoops. However in navigating the web page Pirate Blue there is no option in the online drop downs to designate a specific sport.

Am I missing something?

Should I just send a check with a letter indicating my wishes and hope it goes to the right place?

I just sent in my annual donation to SHU with a extra money requesting that a part of it go to Pirate Blue and NIL but I just got a call that they can't split the check.

So I want to send in a separate donation.

At one time there was an option to select a sport to direct your donation to.

I would think a call to Pirate Blue would be your move so you can get proper guidance.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Some of what I read indicated at the website that I could specify I want the donation to go to a specific sport like men's hoops. However in navigating the web page Pirate Blue there is no option in the online drop downs to designate a specific sport.

Am I missing something?

Should I just send a check with a letter indicating my wishes and hope it goes to the right place?

I just sent in my annual donation to SHU with a extra money requesting that a part of it go to Pirate Blue and NIL but I just got a call that they can't split the check.

The school cannot participate in the NIL.

Am I missing something?

The university can’t give any money to the NIL.

It’s amazing how this has literally been stressed hundreds of times here and people still don’t get. And no one can blame the school for not spreading that part of the message, because they have.

But while that is technically true, we all know it really isn't in actuality.

Reactions: HallBall'n
It’s amazing how this has literally been stressed hundreds of times here and people still don’t get. And no one can blame the school for not spreading that part of the message, because they have.
That part of the message is very easy for the university because they don’t have to do anything except say that’s not their responsibility. They like not having to be responsible and being able to pass things off to others.

I glossed over the NIL part of the original post. That alone would have been a reason that Pirate Blue couldn't split the check.

My other advice still stands. If you have a Pirate Blue question, ask Pirate Blue. Don't ask here. Josh or Niko should have an answer. We might -- maybe.

I'm thinking maybe rename it from Pirate Blue Fund to Pirate Fans have the Blues Fund based upon what is happening before our eyes. Total team deconstruction.

I wonder how the coaches will be able to come up with a preseason pecking order in the BE for this coming season?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I'm thinking maybe rename it from Pirate Blue Fund to Pirate Fans have the Blues Fund based upon what is happening before our eyes. Total team deconstruction.

I wonder how the coaches will be able to come up with a preseason pecking order in the BE for this coming season?
Same as last year?

Well last year was easy compared to how the 2024/25 season roster moves make it impossible to predict what will happen when BE play starts up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT