ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE READ

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
An NIL is possibly being set up for Saturday Oct 15 after the men's open practice at Walsh. It will depend on availability and cost of a restaurant in the South Orange Village area. I am working on that right now.

If the price is right and we get enough people to attend, with the help of Eric all the team members (minus Samuel, Yetna and Ndiaye) will appear for 2 hours to sign autographs and talk to everyone in attendance.

The cost will be $100.00 per person. That will include piazza along with the access to the players. There will also be a cash bar for drinks.

100% of the money earned minus the cost of the restaurant will go to the players. Neither Eric or I will charge for our services.

For this to happen we need at the very least 50 people, but would want many more. Meaning I need to know who here wants to be involved. And I say that asking for those that respond that they are coming to actually come and not change their minds at the last minute. To ensure that does not happen Eric will want to be paid ASAP if this event is scheduled. Details on that would be posted next week.

So many people wanted to get involved but Eric only dealt with large donors. To give you an idea how large, my donation of $1,000.00 was the smallest he secured. That now changes if we can get enough posters here plus others that are being informed of this event to attend.

Please reply on this thread if you are definitely interested. And if you're not sure then please do not reply.

An NIL is possibly being set up for Saturday Oct 15 after the men's open practice at Walsh. It will depend on availability and cost of a restaurant in the South Orange Village area. I am working on that right now.

If the price is right and we get enough people to attend, with the help of Eric all the team members (minus Samuel, Yetna and Ndiaye) will appear for 2 hours to sign autographs and talk to everyone in attendance.

The cost will be $100.00 per person. That will include piazza along with the access to the players. There will also be a cash bar for drinks.

100% of the money earned minus the cost of the restaurant will go to the players. Neither Eric or I will charge for our services.

For this to happen we need at the very least 50 people, but would want many more. Meaning I need to know who here wants to be involved. And I say that asking for those that respond that they are coming to actually come and not change their minds at the last minute. To ensure that does not happen Eric will want to be paid ASAP if this event is scheduled. Details on that would be posted next week.

So many people wanted to get involved but Eric only dealt with large donors. To give you an idea how large, my donation of $1,000.00 was the smallest he secured. That now changes if we can get enough posters here plus others that are being informed of this event to attend.

Please reply on this thread if you are definitely interested. And if you're not sure then please do not reply.
Danny, this is terrific and very affordable. I will be there!

Guys, only one person has answered. We have had so many people complain about the NIL situation (and rightly so) and asked how we can help.

Here's our chance to step up. There's over 400 reads on this post with only one response. If we want to set this up we have to do far better.

Guys, only one person has answered. We have had so many people complain about the NIL situation (and rightly so) and asked how we can help.

Here's our chance to step up. There's over 400 reads on this post with only one response. If we want to set this up we have to do far better.
It seems to me there are many responses on the Trove, the pay site, and only 1 on the FREE site . And that response here is also a Trove member. That is telling me something. Prove me wrong guys in what I'm thinking. Let's step it up and try to get this done

Go PIRATES !!!!

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I'll support this Dan. Hopefully we'll see support from all fans/regulars on this board. Great opportunity to watch a practice, see fellow friends from the board and spend some time with the players while supporting Sha and the team for a reasonable price.

Dan:
I have been asked by a couple of non-posters to ask you to provide contact information so that they can sign up for this event.
Thank you.

I am working on this now. If we get enough people we'll post details early next week.

$100.00 to get into the restaurant which at this point will probably be Bunny's although not confirmed yet.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I-m in for $200 but not likely to attend from Chicago. Nice job, Danny. Remember what many of you have done for JR to help us bring him back from despair and he is now returning to Seton Hall to complete his education and honor his pledge to return our great support to him, Go Pirates.

Those that donate will be given the option of allowing me to give tickets away or to just add their money to the player's NIL pot.

Meaning if you can't attend but want to help the cause please post here, and thank you.

Let me start by saying great job by Eric and Dan on this but sad that how times have changed. For decades meeting the players after practice during University weekend was the thing! Especially for all the young kids out there. I hope that they still do something on campus for the kids to meet them etc and then do the Bunny’s event

No, if Bunny's works out the plan right now is to let them relax, shower, and then be bussed to the restaurant.

Will that change? Probably not but who knows.

Unfortunately sign of the times.

Let me start by saying great job by Eric and Dan on this but sad that how times have changed. For decades meeting the players after practice during University weekend was the thing! Especially for all the young kids out there. I hope that they still do something on campus for the kids to meet them etc and then do the Bunny’s event

Agreed. In the long run it's going to put a generation of fan development in jeopardy. My wife and I used to look forward to saying hello to the guys on University Day, and was looking forward to introducing my 3yr old to them now that COVID protocols are in the rear view mirror and he's old enough to interact and understand. Very happy for the guys to earn some coin as it's well deserved, but also can't swing $300+ to have my family say hello to them for a few minutes either. It's taking the fun out of college basketball. Sign of the times for sure.

That said, thank you Dan and Eric for helping do what needs to be done. Without these $$ making opportunities, I fear even more what would happen to our program.

Count me in for 100 but I can’t attend - any students out there who want my ticket.

New Rule: Anyone who does not participate in this event is not allowed to comment on or start an NIL thread.

stop crying and start participating

Thank you to all.

I am working with Bunny's to confirm a price. I hope to have an answer today, When that happens Eric will set up a link for contributions.

This was only an idea a few days ago. I had no idea if we could raise the necessary money here to support the team. I should have known better. You guys as you always do have come through for Seton Hall.

Stay tuned.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Eric and I spent a great deal of time on this yesterday. We were hoping for a resolution but a few issues came up that have to be ironed out. I've completed my work on this now and Eric has all the details and will make a decision very soon.

It's not a done but I think it's close. If this happens look for the players as well as Eric to tweet, link the details.

I will do the same here.

OK, I have the full details but have been asked by Eric to allow the players through social media to post first. As soon as I see one post from them I will inform the board of the needed information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT