ADVERTISEMENT

Politi says

Originally posted by BasketFan1:
No, the young man wasn't hurt, at least not physically. As Catholicman stated a few minutes playing time would not have hurt. There is no reason except as HallDan has mentioned in post awhile ago that his family are huge Georgetown fans. Is Willard that mean spirited? I would hate to think so but.......
Doubt that was the reason. To think a player did not get on the court for spiteful reasons is foolish.

Manga's adopted mom, a very nice lady as I have met her a few times is indeed a Hoya fan. But for the last two years when the teams have met she has rooted for the Pirates.

Originally posted by SHUMA04:

Originally posted by Piratz:

"I talked to John, I said
'I'll let the kid shoot a layup and you just give us a layup' he said
'Nah don't do that.' I'm sitting there watching and this kid gets an
NCAA waiver, Senior Night, everyone you talk to [says] he's just a great
young man. I think we have a bigger responsibility in life sometimes
than the game of basketball[/I]
. I told our kids in the locker room 'We're
going to lose the tip and we're going to give them a bucket.' We haven't
been getting off to great starts, not the greatest way to start but I
think it's important to reward good people. Everything I've heard about
this young man, what he's had to fight through, has had to battle. In my
mind, I think kids should be rewarded if they're good people and to me
that was the only decision to make."
in bold and italics is the money quote. ie the pitch Willard was making with this stunt.

Meanwhile, where was that "bigger responsibility" when Manga had all his family and friends in the crowd? Also, is he suggesting that Thompson didn't feel a "bigger responsibility" to Adams? Kind of insulting. Dumb all around, and easy to see through.

that contrast seals it for me, at least.
So Adams' hugging Willard at the games end, and the tears in his father's eyes, in your mind, all Hollywood?

Adams emotions were real but how would he know Willard was not sincere. He probably does not know Willards problems at Seton Hall.

Dan with all due respect, I know people who know Manga's adopted mom. That lady is a die hard Hoya fan and has been so for many many years. When Georgetown plays us I understand she would have cheered for us if Manga played. She cheers for us when we play anybody but Georgetown. My source told me on Senior night she came up on the train in the rain and snow to walk out with him and then went right back to DC. I remember she had on Pirate Blue. Dan. I know you don't want to think this is the reason he didn't play, but it is awful suspicious that it happened last year and this year. I personally just felt bad for fin and his family. I tend to be sensitive to player feelings.
End of subject for me. Thanks.

Originally posted by Halldan1:
Lack of respect given to Willard and to Seton Hall.

If a more prominent coach and BB program did the same, let's say coach K and Duke does anyone believe for one second Thompson would have acted like such an ASS!
Stupid logic. As a Gtown coach, your concern should be getting your player the points. Should have nothing to do with the social status of the opposing coach if your focus is on your player having a moment he will never forget. Willard didn't HAVE to allow that. Typical Gtown elitism snobbery.

Manga plays 10 mins a game when were still in the tournament hunt... gets none in his last game in front of his family when the season is in the pisser.

Is Willard going out of his way to be this bad? Couldnt even put him in for the 5 seconds he let the Gtown guy score??

609299a1128b20719e1ce667a0b10bd8bd11267167e1ab5fbe3af6fb74cd30f9.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT