ADVERTISEMENT

Present Roster

Fordham_57

All World
Jun 3, 2001
I can think of 12 players on our roster. That wouild leave one "ship" open. Am I forgetting anyone?

Walker
Carrington
Rodriguez
Nzei
Sonogo
Sandro
Cayle
Powell
Gordon
Gill
Brody
Delgado

Dan has mentioned that the staff would like to bring in a talented transfer for that last ship. Have them sit out this year, practice with the team, get in important one on one coaching/tutoring with our staff and then have them ready for the '18-'19 season. I was hoping for Elijah Hughes but he verballed to Syracuse. Maybe a talented player will transfer from now through August.

Reactions: shupat08
Dan has mentioned that the staff would like to bring in a talented transfer for that last ship. Have them sit out this year, practice with the team, get in important one on one coaching/tutoring with our staff and then have them ready for the '18-'19 season. I was hoping for Elijah Hughes but he verballed to Syracuse. Maybe a talented player will transfer from now through August.

Unless it is a big man, save the ship. If we get who we want next year, we will be talented and deep from the 1, 2 and 3 positions.

Absolutely. It is such a swing.
Those 3 freshman ?s now become a ? of how good they can be. Kind of like Powell last year. And i think not asking too much (esp of Sandro and Walker) is the perfect environment for a freshman. For so long we've had guys striggle because we've simply asked too much. IW and like every guard ever.

1. Walker
2. KC
3. Desi
4. Nzei
5. Delgado

6th Man - Powell
7th - Ish
8th - Cale
9th - Sandro
10th - Gordon

I think we will see a lot of KC, Powell, Desi, Ish, & Delgado tho.

Unless it is a big man, save the ship. If we get who we want next year, we will be talented and deep from the 1, 2 and 3 positions.

maybe hold the ship and we get a really nice December transfer? Would love to get a big time talented freshman who thinks they made the wrong choice and gets out real early. Haven't had one in a while (Jevon def. does NOT count). Guess it depends how good the current kids available out there still are.

Do you guys think Walker will get the starting nod on opening night? I think it's going to be KC at PG and Powell at SG.

Very solid team and looking forward to a great season. The only slight concern is at point. Like walker but wish we added a transfer pg as well. Probably would not have got Walker with a transfer though. Just hope he develops during season and this team will be dangerous come the tournament.

I don't necessarily like KC as our starting PG.

BUT I like the idea of Jordan as a change of pace guard.

Do we red-shirt Brodie and Gill and let them learn under Angel for a year?

1. Walker
2. KC
3. Desi
4. Nzei
5. Delgado

6th Man - Powell
7th - Ish
8th - Cale
9th - Sandro
10th - Gordon

I think we will see a lot of KC, Powell, Desi, Ish, & Delgado tho.
Unless he gains 20 pounds of muscle Walker will not be starting. He will play a lot off the bench. But he will not start.

I think Nzei plays must better when he starts than he does when coming off the bench. I don't think Willard will go that route though and pretty sure he will go with Ish as the starting 4.

If Walker starts, I think Nzei does because if not it could be us playing 3 on 5 offensively like last year.

If KC starts at the 1, then I think Ish starts

If Walker starts, I think Nzei does because if not it could be us playing 3 on 5 offensively like last year.

If KC starts at the 1, then I think Ish starts
Those 3 have more than 1000 pts each. If im not mistaken walker can hit an open shot, so having a d guy nakea sense.

Now think of having walker and nzei on d. Nuch more of a 3v5 and id rather be better than d.

What im saying is you constantly blast ish for not being good on offense to the point you advocate for a clearly worse lineup.

Unless he gains 20 pounds of muscle Walker will not be starting. He will play a lot off the bench. But he will not start.

Unless Carrington Improves drastically his point guard skills, I don't know when it will happen, but Walker will push Carrington to the 2G spot. Walker will gain some muscle over the summer 5-10 lbs. But his handle, quickness and ability to penetrate and dish will deliver him the starting job or at least 20 minutes at the pg position.

Reactions: shupat08
Gill is redshirting next year. Brodie is not. It's been said on here many many times since he committed. Read the board.
Lol chill i feel like the brodie and gil posts got buried. But lloyd liked your comnent so i guess its fair haha

Nzei is too small to play center at 6'6 6'7. Can Sandro backup Angel or is he too thin?

Nzei is too small to play center at 6'6 6'7. Can Sandro backup Angel or is he too thin?

Nzei played back up Center for the last month of last season.

Last edited:
All of this talk about who is starting, who is playing where, etc is nuts. Go earn your playing time in practice. It's not going to be easy.

Certainly three of the freshmen will see minutes in Cale, Sandro and Walker which will add depth to the roster. I however see little , if anything , from the other two newcomers , Gill and Brodie this coming season. With one ship open if a solid graduate senior point becomes available I would take him as I would if a high quality talent who has to sit a year wants to come here.

Regarding Deeno at the point.

You know my thoughts on this subject but initially until proven otherwise I don't think Walker will be ready to start and play big minutes. I think he'll gradually earn more time as the season endures. How much? Obviously that depends on his progression.

The biggest key IMO regarding Carrington at the point is ball movement. Deeno pounds the ball a lot and that stops the offense. Gotta move the ball quickly as there are a lot of options on offense. A hard thing to learn in a short period of time for a player who does what Carrington does on the court, SCORE.

A 5th year PG would be fantastic. Short of that I like the idea already mentioned of having a space available for a mid season transfer. Playing time will be tight, and unlike last year where we had players who were clearly outside the rotation, we have at least 9 in the rotation and if Gordon improves that makes 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT