ADVERTISEMENT

Present Roster

Though I don't think it will happen often, I would like to see some lineups with Sandro at the 4 and Delgado at the 5. Maybe when we play big teams.

Both are good passers for big men. Can't double Delgado because of Sandro's range and ball handling skills. Would be really hard to defend

I can certainly see those two together. Clearly we'll get a better picture once we see the players in action.

Willard for the first time in his SHU coaching career has a lot of options off the bench. That may be the most difficult part of his coaching agenda for this season. He has choices now and how he makes those choices could be the difference between a very good season and an exceptional one.

Nzei and Ish are both nearly 6-8.

Desi is about 6-5 1/2.

Angel 6-9.

@Shuathelete did you not watch this team last year? Nzei took Ish's starting spot for this exact reason
Did you not watch last year? Nzei took Ish's starting spot due to injury. In fairness, he definitely acquitted himself well in the time he got, but if Ish was at full strength I'm not sure he would have gotten as many minutes as he did. Ish wasn't 100% the rest of the season after the initial injury. I would expect Willard to start 4 Seniors next year. Whether Nzei earns more minutes than Ish remains to be seen I guess. Hopefully Sandro can find some minutes too given he seems to have more offense than either Ish or Nzei at least "on paper"...

This roster is very talented. To me the two biggest question marks are...

Back up center

and

Can Carrington play the point well enough.

Of course we can add a few others but staying on the topic of the roster there's not a lot to bitch about if those are our two most pressing question marks.

Who is backing up the 5 and can a second team All Big East player play the point well?

This roster is very talented. To me the two biggest question marks are...

Back up center

Considering Brodie isn't going to give us anything & Gill is gonna redshirt, I really wish Anthony wasn't transferring. If Ish stays healthy (unlikely) then we'll be just fine with the 4/5 rotation between Angel, Ish, Nzei, Sandro & even Desi when needed.

But when Ish goes down, a senior like Rashed would be really helpful despite his lack of talent. He knows exactly what he needs to do out there and will focus. Ah well.

Brodie, shock us all dude. We need ya.

yea i guess looking back on it that wasnt really a smart move by anthony. Hed be playing an important role on a possible S16 team, and if delgado left hed be playing major minutes LOL.

of well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT