ADVERTISEMENT

Profile Godswill Erheriene

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Player profile

F-h8bC_WUAAlHyT.jpg:large

Godswill Erheriene, a 4 star center in the 2024 class committed to SHU Nov 14th of last year. The 6-9, 225-pound senior out of Long Island Lutheran (N.Y.) ultimately chose the Pirates over offers from Georgia Tech, Maryland, St and others.

Down the road this raw rookie has the ability and potential to be an absolute steal. Let's see what our good friend Jerry C had t say upon the signing....

1. He’s Nigerian.​

The 6-foot-9, 225-pound Erheriene arrived in the U.S. in January 2022. He quickly got the attention of the recruiting industrial complex. 247Sports rates him at three stars and the No. 115 player in the 2024 class. Rivals has him at three stars and No. 128. On3 has him at four stars and No. 108.

In recent interviews, Erheriene indicated that Ole Miss, Mississippi State and UMass were recruiting him hardest along with Seton Hall.

2. He’s a power player who knows his role.​

In late 2022, 247Sports talent evaluator Eric Bossi called Erheriene “easily one of the most intriguing post players” at the HoopHall West showcase.

“A 6-foot-9, 225-pound center who looks like he's already spent a few years in a college weight room…he's acclimated quickly and has been productive simply by playing to his strengths in the low post,” Bossi wrote. “That's playing with power, dunking everything he can, blocking shots and helping out on the glass.”

In late August, at the Will Barton Elite Camp, PrepHoops.com called Erheriene “the most dominant big in attendance. He used every bit of his 6-foot-9 frame to establish position in the paint and make himself available for entry passes, rebounds at both ends or altering shots around the rim.”

The evaluation continued: “He tried to dunk any touch that he had in the paint. When he wasn’t tearing the rim down, he was converting soft touch hooks over his left shoulder or earning second-chance points for his squad. He set punishing screens, pursued rebounds out of his area and his presence alone was enough to make opposing guards think twice.”

3. He can make an immediate impact​

Seton Hall has several bigs scheduled to return next season, but none of them are proven. Erheriene will have a chance to contribute right away.

After fits and starts, the Hall's staff is stringing together some successes in recruiting the high school ranks. As of now the Pirates don’t have any more scholarships available next year – postgrads Al-Amir Dawes and Jaden Bediako are the only current players whose eligibility expires – but obviously much can change in this transient sport.

I think Jerry nailed it. Sight unseen Erheriene has all the tools foreign players from his area seem to have. He strong, very athletic, plays hard but is raw. His D is far ahead of his offense to date and that's where experience is going to play a major part.

HS Mixtape

Words from the player....

“Seton Hall fits what I’m looking for at the next level. The style of play, the way they utilize their interior player, that’s something I do really well. I believe I would become the best basketball player I can be playing under Coach Holloway and the coaches have all the resources I need to develop my skills and reach my full potential.

I’m a post player, play off the playmaker spot, defender, rebounder, and most importantly I play to win.”

He has a message for Seton Hall fans.

“For the Pirate fans, I’m thrilled to be a part of the Seton Hall family. I’m looking forward to working hard, improving my game, and making Pirate Nation a championship team. I’m excited to play in front of them. I can’t wait to step on the floor and represent Seton Hall with pride and honor. Go Pirates️.”

From the SHU athletic site......

Erheriene attends an elite Metropolitan Area high school in Long Island Lutheran in Brookville, N.Y., currently ranked as the No. 2 high school basketball team in the country according to MaxPreps. Rated as a four-star by On3, Erheriene is the No. 22 center in the class of 2024 according to 247 Sports and he plays for the NY Jayhawks and Riverside Church on the AAU circuit. Erheriene will look to join fellow countrymen Ike Obiagu and Mike Nzei as Pirates who have gone to NCAA Tournaments and competed for BIG EAST championships in South Orange.

"We haven't had an athletic big like Godswill in a long time," Holloway said. "He can run, he can jump, he can rebound, he can block shots and I think his best basketball is ahead of him."

Again, we hear the word potential. I believe the fan base will have to be patient. The ability is there but we might not see it this year. Of course that could well depend on who is the last commit Holloway brings to South Orange. If it's a player like Cook, minutes might come at a premium and that's where patience will become important. Both with the fans and the player.

I'm going to cautiously give Erheriene the same B I gave Felton. But I am also going to say the same thing I said about his fellow freshmen teammate. If he stays on the roster down the road that B could very well be too low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News